You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1377 West Glenoaks Blvd., Glendale, CA 91201 (Formerly Homestead Glendale/Burbank)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

One of the reasons I chose this hotel was because of the fact that all of their rooms are supposed to include a refrigerator and a kitchen, not to mention the on-site - 24 hour accessible coin operated laundry machines. When traveling with young children, these are amenities that save time, money and alleviate stress for me.

I booked a reservation through Trip Advisor/Expedia.Com for Extended Stay America in Glendale, CA. I reserved a non-smoking room (I think nowadays everything in Hotels in Calif is supposed to be non-smoking), with two Queen sized beds. Everything online went smoothly. I did not contact the hotel before arriving.

We (the family and I) arrived at almost 4pm on a Wednesday afternoon and had no problem checking in. The woman at the front counter (Evelyn) was very nice and explained their policies and service.

Got the family and luggage and went to our room on the first floor. The room was clean and aired out. However, we were given a room with a Cal-King bed and a pull out sofa. The hotel was completely booked so we couldn't get a room with two Queen sized beds. Evelyn tried to find us a roll away bed but none were available. She offered us blankets and pillows for the pull out sofa and offered a voucher for a future free night stay at any Extended Stay America Hotel.

Well, we all stayed in the room. Things worked out with some compromise. The room was pretty clean. We always travel with a specialized UV (black light) to check for stains/proteins that could indicate ICK.

I'm happy to say the bedspread, carpets, sofa, sheets, towels, floors, sinks, shower, stove, doors, refrigerator and freezer, chairs, shower curtain and almost all of the walls checked out great. There's always at least a few detectable spots on the bathroom wall - I have never been to a place that was completely clean in this area, but I will say that this hotel had the least amount of detectable issues on the bathroom wall, than any other place we have stayed at.

Overall, with the voucher and all points considered, good value for the money. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Conveniently located, clean and pleasant. An easy and restful stay. Glendale is close to a lot of very enjoyable LA neighborhoods. This hotel is less expensive than most and offers full kitchens. A good value

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you were pleased with our location, your fully equipped kitchen and the cleanliness of your room. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely HORRIBLE. I'm currently in one of their rooms right now and I am so livid that I am spending over $300 on this room! This is the worst hotel I've ever been in, and I would never come back. The walls are so thin that I can hear EVERYTHING from the janitors talking, people turning on the shower, people walking upstairs, the laundry room, etc. I can smell people smoking... And to make it even more annoying, we got placed on the bottom floor in a handicap room so the shower looks like something from a high school boys locker room! If I spent half the price, I wouldn't be complaining. But for the price I paid, I expected something way better than this. I am going to go on EVERY single website they advertise on and write a review about how HORRIBLE AND OVER PRICED this place is.

• Stayed May 2014
Nadia - I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize for the noise disturbances you experienced from neighboring guests during your stay. As well, I am sorry that you were not pleased with your shower. Your comments will be very helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

seriously....4 of us experienced the existence of ghost in the hallway and inside our rooms in different ocassions this is the first time i experienced ghost in a hotel. this is creepy.i swear! no
joke

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Extended Stay America Glendale. It was conveniently located near the heart of Glendale (short drive to Glendale Galleria). The front desk was very polite and the rooms are nice and clean. We didn't really use the kitchen too much, but it's nice to have. The provided breakfast is basically coffee and some packaged muffins, fruit and breakfast bars. It's nice to have fresh coffee provided, however it does run out fast. Pretty much every time i went out to get the coffee, the carafe was gone being refilled. However, it's free, so i can't complain too much. Overall, a nice hotel and if i had to stay in Glendale again, i would stay here again as long as the prices remain reasonable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future.
Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Extended Stay may not be the most glamorous place to stay...but I am giving these guys a 5 star rating for customer service. Let's face it, hotels are a service business, it's all about customer service and where other places may look fantastic, you get there and the people are unpleasant to interact with. Not these guys. I've stayed at other extended stays in the recent past, what a difference the people make. These guys at the Glendale Extended Stay are polite, professional, helpful, and treat guests well. Every single staff member has been incredibly friendly and helpful. The manager Holly is awesome, and so is Chris. These are simply the two I have had the most interaction with but all have been great. The staff really make this place. Location is good and hotel is clean and fresh too. Other hotels need to come learn what customer service really looks like. I'd recommend it over anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have been there 3 times and was never disappointed. The staff are very friendly and helpful (esp Chris).
The hotel is located in a good quiet place, easily accessible to public transport and few good restaurants nearby.
This place has a good kitchen which fulfills all the basic cooking needs.
Will consider only this hotel when i stay on Glendale

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. I am glad that our quiet location and your fully equipped kitchen met your travel needs. As well, I am happy to hear that you found our staff, especially Chris, to be friendly and helpful. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles/Glendale
Burbank Inn & Suites
Burbank Inn & Suites
#11 of 19 in Burbank
4.0 of 5 stars 64 reviews

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale? Share your experiences!