“A Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1377 West Glenoaks Blvd., Glendale, CA 91201 (Formerly Homestead Glendale/Burbank)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Glendale
Seattle, Washington
“A Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one week. We think for the price it was an excellent value. We were on the first floor and it was quiet.

The kitchen facilities were clean and we supplemented with dish soap and paper towels from the Dollar Store (they are everywhere in LA). Dishes were minimal and only one pot. So if you were really wanting to cook you may want to bring some of your own dishes, or maybe ask at the front desk.

A real plus is that why we were close to the freeways we couldn't hear them. It was easy to go in any direction from this location.

Room Tip: We only heard an occasional child running down the hall or dog bark - nothing that was out of the or...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review of your stay and our associates. I'm thrilled that you found our kitchens to be a benefit. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels, we look forward to your next visit.

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed in the Extended Stay from January through March 2013 and had a great experience. I will say up front that the carpets are in bad shape, particularly in the public areas; however, the hotel is slated for some renovation which I believe will include updated carpeting.

My room - the largest available - was more than adequate. While I did not cook often, everything to do so was available and certainly adequate to prepare simple meals. The room was always quiet. I rarely heard neighbors or activity in the halls. I suspect that most residents were travelers for work rather than vacationers and, as such, less likely to come-and-go at late hours.

The bathroom and dressing area were fine - lots of room for clothing and storage and good lighting. There was also lots of hot water for showers. You can probably tell I was there for work - wanted good basics, not luxuries.

The bed was also fine - not my bed at home but not much is as good as home. The blankets for a king bed were skimpy, but I asked for and received a larger one.

I believe that the facility is safe. That was important for me since I was traveling alone. I left 5 - 5:30 each morning and returned after dark every day and never had a problem.

The laundry is clean and large enough that I never had to wait for machines. The room is spacious and well-lighted. The staff did not always have quarters, so be prepared with your own.

The staff was great. I had very few requests, but when I did they were met quickly. They were always pleasant and greeted me and other guests in a prompt, friendly manner.

This was my second stay here. I had stayed for 3 weeks in 10/2012. I would gladly stay again. The rates beat anything nearby, and the hotel more than met my needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We received a copy of your review and wanted to thank you for the great comments about your stay. It is true that we will be undergoing a refresh this month and will be replacing hallway carpets. Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to your next stay with us.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start?? I was working in LA for a week and decided on an extended stay because of the kitchen.. Its nice to be able to cook my own food instead of eating out all the time. Big mistake.

1. When I first checked in my room it was filled with smoke. I called the front desk and the agent tried to tell me it was coming in from outside.. I had to argue with him and let him know this was not coming in from outside. They didnt have another room available so they told me to leave my bags at the front desk. When my new room was ready they'd bring my bags up. All I needed to do was stop at the front desk to get my key. Of course none of this happened. When I arrived at the front desk after some grocery shopping the front desk person had no new room for me and my bags were still sitting at the front desk. No apology no nothing.. The front desk girl simply found a new room and gave me my bags then resumed her phone call. So much for them bringing my bags up..

2. The fire alarm went off every morning for three days straight. I've never heard such a loud piercing noise in my life. When I went to the front desk to find out what was going on they didn't seem to care. They just said "It's been fixed and won't happen again". Of course it did.. The staff was very unapologetic and unhelpful.. The alarm continued to go off day after day. You basically had no choice but to put up with

3. When I would come home late in the evening my card to get in did not work and elevators were out of service.. I would have to get on a phone outside and ask to be let in. Then walk up the stairs and have the night man let me into my room. They had no explanation for this other than it was my fault. They told me if your card touches your cell phone it will become useless .. Really? What's the excuse for the elevators.

4. Hallways dirty and carpet stained.. I felt like I was in a budget hotel.

5. Beds are like cement. The most uncomfortable beds I've ever felt in a hotel. The couch was just as bad. If the bed is a deal breaker for you avoid this place.

6. No sponges and a very small packet of dish soap.. They make it very hard to do our own dishes. You have to use a washcloth and they supply you with vey little dish soap.

7. Don't expect any late checkouts!! Checkout is at 11:00am. I called the front desk to get a late checkout..1pm. After everything that was happening with the alarms you'd think they'd be a bit more accommodating ... The front desk agent told me id have to pay for a half day if i wanted a late checkout. When I asked what the price was and how long was a half day she couldn't give me a price and told me I could only stay til 3. So you get charged an unknown price for and extra 4 hours which they call half a day. After several phone calls with the same rude agent I got them to give me a checkout of 12:00pm.. Exactly at 12 they started calling my room and housekeeping started banging on the door.. I told the housekeeper I was running a bit late and would vacate the room ASAP.. One minute later the phone started ringing again.. Then they literally broke down the door.. As if I was a criminal.. I was expecting tear gas next.. The same woman that repeals called me was now in my room telling me to pay her immediately .... I got my credit card out and handed it to her while telling her I had been woken up every day by a fire alarm and now they were breaking down the door because i was there an hour after checkout.... I guess she saw how petty she was being because she then told me after all of that Nevermind... Unbelievable!

I can definitely say this has been the worst hotel experience I've ever had... I would say avoid this Hotel at all costs.. I have no idea how they have good reviews .. I can only assume they're fake... Many people were unhappy with this hotel. I wish they'd take the time to write a review.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that we failed to exceed your expectations of clean and comfortable stay while working in Glendale. Please accept my apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with our maintenance department to ensure the fire system is working property and working with the guest service representatives to ensure that we are more understanding to guests needs. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you taking the time bring this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, Carlos, at cyong@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Osaka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stay with my students at this hotel in March, we enjoyed here very much. Thank you Armineh and other staff are very nice to us and listen to us carefully. They also give us nice breakfast and service and I love it very much. I want to come back again here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the great review of your recent stay with us. We're so pleased that you found the service that was provided by Armineh to be outstanding and that the breakfast was a great value. Again, thank you for the review and thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels.
Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I came to the Glendale Extended Stay in December of '12 as a temporary living. During our stay, the manager Holly, assistant manager Armenah, and the entire staff has become such good friends to us. I fully recommend that anyone visiting the Glendale area choose this location for short or long-term stay. Thanks folks! ~ Jerry Holden

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We received a copy of your review about your most recent stay with us. Thank you so much for the great comments abou the service that was provided by our associates. We really appreciate the recognition and thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels.
Glendale, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I have been in a temporary living situation since December and have truly enjoyed our stay at the Glendale Extended Stay on Glenoaks Blvd. Holly, Armenah and the staff have been more than helpful so it's a pleasure to see them everyday. We are very happy about our stay here and would recommend Extended Stay to our friends and family.

Thank you!

~ Shea Chambers

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the great comments about your recent stay with us in Glendale. We really appreciate the recgonition about the associates level of service. We're also thrilled that you would recommend us to other potential guests.
Burlington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We bought a one night king bed room. The room was small but the full size fridge and all the desk space with wifi meant this room was perfect for our stay. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The location was pretty great and handy for us driving into LA for an event. The breakfast provided was basic but handy and we appreciated having it to use. They have ample parking so there was never an issue parking there.
I would look to stay in an Extended Stay again after this first try.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We received a copy of your review and wanted to take a moment to say thank you for the kind words. We're thrilled that you enjoyed them amenities in the room along with our grab and go breakfast. Again, thank you so much for the great review and we hope to see you the next time you are in Glendale.

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale? Share your experiences!