“Convenient, clean , Good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale

You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1377 West Glenoaks Blvd., Glendale, CA 91201 (Formerly Homestead Glendale/Burbank)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
Burlington, Massachusetts
“Convenient, clean , Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We bought a one night king bed room. The room was small but the full size fridge and all the desk space with wifi meant this room was perfect for our stay. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The location was pretty great and handy for us driving into LA for an event. The breakfast provided was basic but handy and we appreciated having it to use. They have ample parking so there was never an issue parking there.
I would look to stay in an Extended Stay again after this first try.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We received a copy of your review and wanted to take a moment to say thank you for the kind words. We're thrilled that you enjoyed them amenities in the room along with our grab and go breakfast. Again, thank you so much for the great review and we hope to see you the next time you are in Glendale.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently while visiting our daughter. Our plan was to sight see as much as possible! We were barley an hour away from everything, the beach, Hollywood and multiple amusment parks! We hardly spent anytime at the hotel but we enjoyed the secure feeling we had knowing that housekeeping was not entering our room everyday while we were gone. The staff was very friendly and asked how our trip was going and what we had done so far. They were extremly helpful in printing out directions for us to the places we wanted to go. I will definitely stay there again on our next visit!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Los Angeles - Glendale . Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We got a great price ($99 per night) for a two week reservation. The location is central to everything in Glendale.

The suite contains ample closet space, a king size bed, futon sofa, bathroom with tub, dressing area and full kitchen. There is also a TV in the room, and wifi and parking are included.

Front desk staff were always more than helpful with print-outs from my email, scans and other business-office services. Mail was forwarded to this address during my stay and it was always delivered to me promptly. Staff also helped me with directions on where to go when we first checked in. Grocery store and pharmacy are nearby, as are hospitals, restaurants and shopping malls.

Cleaning service is complimentary once a week. If you need it more than that there is a fee to pay. The room comes stocked with amenities such as toilet paper and tissue boxes, as well as clean towels and linens. There is an iron and ironing board for your use as well. A garbage disposal is located on each floor, and there is a laundry room with several washers / dryers (for a fee) on the ground floor.

I would definitely recommend this property to people looking for a place to stay while they are searching for a new home, moving out of a current home, or staying for more than two weeks and do not want to spend more than $100 per night on a hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Los Angeles - Glendale . Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I had multiple issues during my trip, but the staff was quick to respond and fix all of them. I stayed here to go to the rose bowl, my family and I came from Oklahoma and we stayed for over a week. The staff was full of information on places to visit and places to eat. I was told the breakfast had not arrived, but was very suprised to see it there the next day. When I questioned this the guy at the front desk told me that the manager had gone out and gotten it. The last two nights of my stay we had an insane nieghbor who was yelling and trying to get into other rooms, I called the desk and a man came up to talk to this person. The person was screaming and yelling at him accusing him of being racial and yelling at all who passed by that the place was horrible and there were bugs in her bed! The poor guy, remained calm and talked the insane lady back into her room. I commend him on this, it took everything in me and my wife to not intrude on the situation! The rest of the night was quite, we were shocked to see this same lady yelling at a lady in the front the very next morning. Come to find out it was the manager, she as well remained calm and asked the insane lady to please leave the premises. Me and my family left for the day and when we returned that evening we stopped at the front to inquire on whether we would be having the same issue that night. The manager was there and ensured us that we would not be having that problem again, she was very apologetic and even offered a discount on our room. The professionalism of the staff astonished me! My family and I will come to stay here again if we decide to attend the rose bowl next year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Los Angeles - Glendale . It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

It would, of course, be our pleasure to be of service you in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
MOUNTAIN VIEW
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here last year when the building was still quite new and were pleased with the accomodations, especially for the price. I wish it had an exercise room though, just a bike and a few weights would be great. This year, the building is showing its age and lack of maintenance. The closet door was damaged and off track, the mirror wasn't cleaned, personal items from the previous tenant were found in the shower and under the bed, there were minimal utensils and cooking equipment in the kitchen, no oven, not enough dish soap, the can opener was so flimsy that my can bended it, There was no breakfast one morning, because it was a holiday. On the upside, the staff is friendly and the location is relatively quiet. I didn't notice any noise from neighbors, no water running in pipes when people flush, etc. I hope management puts some effort into keeping up the hotel or it will become run-down.

Room Tip: Rooms on the road have morestreet noise, but since the street isn't very noisy not really a prob...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Los Angeles - Glendale. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

Please know that the staff and I have worked hard to upkeep our property. I apologize if it did not meet your expectations this second time visiting with us. In fact, I am going to use your review as a way of reminding our staff of what our guests needs are and then go over our company standards and policies to ensure this type of situation does not happen again.

Again, I am very sorry. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

I came in 2 days ago to stay for the holidays so I can see my friends and family. Personally I hate eating out, and having a kitchen inside the room just makes me feel so much more comfortable and full. I can always cook something or just heat something up in the microwave when I need to. The kitchen area is clean so I don't mind cooking. The bathroom is nice and clean. They don't provide you with house keeping everyday so if you need any new towels or other tissue, you can just call the front desk or take it down. The staff at the front desk are very friendly and kind. It's my first time here and everytime I come in and out of the hotel I'm always greeted with a smile as if I'm a regular. I was having a conversation with some guest at the lobby and found out that some people practically live there! Anyway, the King sized room is quite big and spacious. The grab and go breakfast consisted of coffee, muffins and fruit. Not the biggest sellections but its better than nothing. Will definitely stay here again if I need a hotel for more than couple days.

• Stayed December 2012
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers! Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests. I am glad that you were able to have a nice conversation with one of our other guest, they too make this a home away from home. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Lancaster, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here a week ago (September, 2012) for one night. I got the room on Priceline for a fair price. It was less expensive than most places in town, even with discounts on the hotel web sites.

The area around the hotel was decent, in an older section of Glendale, northwest the main part of town. It was a quiet area except for the occasional train on the tracks nearby.

My room was on the ground floor. It was spacious with a kitchenette, bedroom area and a bathroom. There was a bar at one end of the kitchen area for seating while eating, a work desk, and a chair to lounge in. The room was a King bed non-smoking room. Overall the room was comfortable, though the mattress on the bed was of a poor quality (at least it felt like it) due to it's firmness and lack of real comfort. A pillow top or mattress cover would have helped. It was okay for one night though.

The closet was a good size and off to the side of the bed. The closet doors were mirrored and one of the doors had a crack going all the way across it. This wasn't a major issue, except it made the room look less attractive and worn. It gave me a feeling of the hotel not caring about appearances.

The gentleman that checked me in was super busy when I checked in due to an issue that come up, answering the phone, checking in other guests, etc. He stated he actually didn;t work at the Glendale property often, he usually worked at the Burbank site. I felt he did a great job given what all he was juggling at the time, especially with the issue he was dealing with at the time.

The breakfast was sparse, muffins, oatmeal, a few other things, and coffee. It was fine for me, though as oatmeal is a fairly regular item for my breakfast choices.

I was disappointed that this hotel did not offer an exercise room on-site. I have a gym membership, and was going to be near the gym, so it wasn't a real big deal, I was just surprised to find it didn't ave one, especially since it was an extended stay hotel. Guest staying for a while would probably make use of an exercise room.

Overall, this is a good hotel, though lacking in a bit of the amenities and upkeep that I like to find, but for the one night, it was good. If I could get it on Priceline again, I would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the street side to minimize the noise of the train and street traffic.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for the review of our property. We appreciate you taking the time to highlight the staff being hospitable to you and we also appreciate the feedback about the flaws. We will make sure to address these. Please accept my personal apologies for the shortfalls. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale? Share your experiences!