“Nice staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale

You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1377 West Glenoaks Blvd., Glendale, CA 91201 (Formerly Homestead Glendale/Burbank)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
“Nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed here with my mom and daughter for four nights. We arrived late the first night. The entire carpet was damp, and the room smelled -- like wet carpet. The front desk person said there were no other rooms, so we stayed but were moved the next morning. Apparently, someone had washed the carpet that day, which is a bit odd considering guests were coming that night. Anyway, the new room was just fine and met our needs.
Front-desk staff was excellent. Not having housekeeping come in every day and exchanging our own towels took a bit of getting used to, but it is, after all, extended-stay lodging. The kitchen was adequate, although we ended up not using anything other than some bowls and spoons for cereal. Someone should have picked up the trash that was dumped on the ground outside, and empty the exterior trash can, but the interior was fine.
I completed a survey after we got back and mentioned the carpet experience. The manager was nice enough to credit us back for that night. I would come back here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Angeles - Glendale . Our hotels are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. I’m glad you were satisfied by the Manager's actions during that visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Yerevan, Armenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We even get discount, staying for a month. We found the staff very friendly and helpfull.
I'll stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I spent a few weeks here as I ended one job and began another, so I got to know many of the staff and everyone was wonderful, helpful, and always accomodating to my needs. My room was very clean, awesome flat screen tv, large closet, and plenty kitchen space for whatever I needed. No problems with funky smells or loud noises like some hotels. I was also able to use printer/copier/fax machine for some business matters and at times I felt like I was being a hassle, but the staff were always willing to assist me with what I needed, and always pleasant. Would def. stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Love the convenience of having a Kitchenette for our hotel stays. Helps us control trip costs and so much more relaxing than having to eat out all the time. This property is great. You get what you pay for. Clean and great front desk staff. Will stay again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Motel rooms in and around the San Fernando Valley are expensive so I tried finding a bargain on Priceline. I was pleasantly surprised when bidding blind on that site gave me this hotel. The room was large, lovely and they recently replaced the old TVs with flat screens safely bolted down. The room had a full closet and great water pressure in the shower. I was so busy I didn't get to enjoy the room for long but I sure wish I could have. A lovely place.

Room Tip: Mine was near the street but I didn't have a problem with lots of noise outside.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I might be spoiled by the fancy hotels of Las Vegas, or spoiled as a native Los Angeleno in the first place, but I really can't complain about the Homestead. Our house was undergoing some last minute, urgent repairs, and we stayed here. It's not your swanky hotel, but it's got what you need for a week (or two)--two burners, a full size--clean!--refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, clean tub, towels. When I walked into my room, i noticed a slight smell, but after keeping the air conditioning on, it's pretty much gone away.

The bed is relatively comfortable. Nothing too fancy, nothing hostel-like.

While I stayed, they changed out all the old school television sets and replaced them with 32" LG flat screens. Nice upgrade.

Wi-fi is free, but slow. Try streaming a tv show on your laptop and you'll never finish watching it.

While I wouldn't call these accommodations 4 star, they're probably 2.5 - 3 star. But the real reason why this hotel isn't "falling apart" to me, is the staff. Every single staff member I've spoken to has been patient and nice, and willing to help. Even investigate changes in payment instead of just telling you they have "no idea". They're the ones that really make this hotel liveable. Because otherwise, my first look at the peeling wallpaper and first whiff of the elevator, and I would've been running for the hills.

So yeah, stay here if you have to. It won't kill you.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We planned a trip to visit our daughter in Glendale CA & wanted an efficiency type hotel. This was recommended by our daughter, who stayed here while searching for her apartment. It is not fancy at all, but that wasn't a priority. It has a sink, fridge with a freezer, 2 burner stovetop, microwave; basically the essentials for a small kitchen. It is quiet for being on a main road. There are quite a few shopping areas & restaurants very close by, like within the surrounding blocks, as in walking distance. For $88 a night, it's a good value. I asked for additional pillows because there were only 2 on the bed. We have been really comfortable so far.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale? Share your experiences!