“looks can be deceiving” 3 of 5 stars
Review of El Rio

El Rio
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glendale
El Rio
Save Saved
You added El Rio to your Saves list
1515 East Colorado Street, Glendale, CA 91205   |
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
Redlands, California
“looks can be deceiving”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The price is very reasonable. the cheapest in the area. i stayed there a few times on business in the area; decent rooms, some of the rooms smell like an old place, others are a lot better. lots of cable channels on their tvs (big flat screens) dont expect the quality and niceness of a big national chain hotel and you wont be dissapointed. so far i'd say this a good MOTEL, and would stay there again.

Room Tip: the two bed rooms are better than the singles. at least it was in my case.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I checked into the El Rio Motel for 3 nights.I paid the $55.00 a night for the room.I enter the room and senn there was no tub only a shower.I went to the office and ask for a room with a tub.The oriental woman working there told me it will be $10.00 more a night.I needed a tub so I paid the extra money.She told me I could not used my credit card to swipe a second time and I need to pay cash.I was tired and it was late so I didn't complain.I never heard of a motel to charge extra for a tub.I am wondereing if she is keeping the extra money for herself.I ask for a receipt for the cash I paid for the tub but she didn't give me one.I do I a receipt for the $55.00 a night.I will like to try to get my money back for the $30.00 I paid but don't know how or if I can. The room was nice and clean with a lot of cable channels.Although the mattress was a little hard as I like a softer mattress.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011 via mobile

Dirty rooms. Bad smell. Worst cheap motel ever.no frig. Crappy tv.noisy.

• Stayed April 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

I had a good experience here and was expecting much shoddier conditions given the price but was pleasantly surprised. The place was pretty much clean, equipped with towels and cups, much like a standard motel. I took a chance and it was worth it and I save some money in the process.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Covina, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

We chose this place because most of the adjoining hotels were full that time. Around 11:30 pm sometime in September upon payment , we immediately went to the room and noticed male bystanders in the hallways and parking. We observed that our next door room was open and a lot of men were inside and two men right outside their door. although having second thoughts about security we entered our room and noticed the dirty linens and towels folded seem like ready for use? we decided to leave and asked for refund from a chinese looking couple who checked us in but they refused, so we bargained to just move us to a better room. Better to just sleep over but worries still on us. Around 6am we woke up there were no power and water. We left so disappointed and complained at check-in office but received no reactions. It was our worst nightmare experience in motels or hotels in our lifetime.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Mountain View
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

El Rio provides the bare essentials, and it is a good deal based on the price. I would recommend this accommodation to those budget travels who want a certain level of comfort and cleanliness for a pretty good price. I comparison shopped around for prices, and it seemed to be one of the cheapest in that area, which is why I decided to take the risk and choose it for the night.

I rented a single bedroom with King Size bed. The building itself is a little old, but the rooms are well maintained and clean as well as pretty big. There seems to be a heater/AC unit, which I fully took advantage of. I am glad that motel had a huge parking lot for my truck, and I could look out the window to check on it. Inside the room, there were comfortable chairs and a table, a dresser and a place where I could hang my clothes. The bathroom is bare, however. It has a tub and shower; the sink area is pretty large, so I could put all my stuff on there. It seemed like a standard motel, providing the following: clean towels, little soaps and shampoo, plastic cups.

The motel offers high speed internet, but be warned, you should bring your own Ethernet cable. I forgot mine, but the office loans network cables for 10 dollars security deposit fee or something. The color television was a pretty decent size; it came with cable television, including HBO.

Within a block, there was a Ralph’s supermarket and a bunch of fast food restaurants, which was good. This motel is not for everybody though, but it’s perfect for those who want to save money on housing and get a clean, decent room. Overall, I was impressed with the quality given the price of the rooms.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to El Rio? Share your experiences!