Save Saved
You added Hilton Los Angeles North/Glendale & Executive Meeting Ctr to your Saves list
Hilton Los Angeles North/Glendale & Executive Meeting Ctr
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Glendale
Denver, Colorado
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I travel all over the world. I have never been treated worse than at this Hilton. My group spent 8 nights here and spent a lot of money. One night after dinner in the hotel where the service was non existent, they literally sent a security guard to my room to inform me that I must come pay for dinner at the front desk at once. That I could not wait until checkout for some odd reason. I was told to get out of bed and get to reception this instant. I mean what happened to our credit card for incidentals? Then the lady at the front desk got in a screaming match with me and hung up on me. Plenty of other places that deserve and will earn your business in the vicinity. Stay away from this place at all costs.

• Stayed October 2013

436 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Snoqulamie, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located, well updated, quiet and overall a good place to stay. But the breakfast service was poor. Quality of food was hit or miss, and it took way too long to get an order (25 minutes). And, the breakfast is pretty pricey. I would stay here again, but I would probably not eat here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

San Francisco, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have stayed at the Glendale Hilton numerous times over the years and would recommend it to anybody who needs a spot to stay in this area. It is centrally located for whatever you're doing in Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena, or Los Angeles as it is right by major freeways. The rooms are immaculate and have nice views of the surrounding hills and valley. The bar on the 19th floor is actually quite spectacular after dark when you can see all the lights on those surrounding hills. Service is consistently friendly, yet professional. I know I'll be back.

Room Tip: If you are one of Hilton's frequent travelers, you will get the best service. Also, use your AA...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Had a very nice stay at the Hilton. Very courteous front desk. Rooms are very clean, updated and comfortable. Watch out for a few hidden charges. $19.00 per night to park and $12.95 for in room internet. If you ask for a room on the second floor you can get public area free internet. Restaurant was fair and a bit overpriced. The Glendale mall is about a mile away and provides lots of options. Studio City is about a ten to fifteen minute drive. Gas is way too expensive near the hotel, so wait to fill up in Studio City or before you get to the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a low floor to take advantage of public area internet for free.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Had an absolutely great stay at the Glendale, CA Hilton—first Hilton experience and would definitely stay with Hilton again. We were particularly impressed with the friendliness/politeness of the doormen/valet employees. They greeted us with a smile and opened the doors for us every time we entered/exited the hotel...really made us feel special!

SAN DIEGO, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Everyone starting with the valet and ending with the valet was polite, helpful, and very knowledgeable. Will stay there again if the opportunity arises. The desk staff was fast and efficient, restaurant and bar staff was very polite and service was terrific.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Firstly, I don't have ridiculous standards for a hotel. I'm used to La Quinta/3 star hotels and decided to book at a 4-star hotel for this trip to as a treat and wish I hadn't.
The night we checked in we discovered there is no free parking and the charge is $19 a night, which we thought was a little much. Then we discovered they don't have wii-fi unless you pay $13/night and won't give you a room with a fridge or a microwave, because guess what? That costs extra. THis hotel starts at $169/night and doesn't provide very basic amenities that joke hotels such as Motel 6 have. Upon discovering the nickel and dime-ing of this place I had paid over $500 to stay at for only three nights, I jokingly said "Gee, do you charge us to flush the toilet?" to which the desk clerk said "We can if you want. You're lucky this isn't a city like San Francisco where they charge $80 a night to park.", and not in a joking manner, but a rude and condescending one.I would expect far better customer service from a four-star hotel. I also just stayed in a hotel in Napa of all places, and guess what? The parking was free. I guess they are too busy price gouging to pay attention to the basic details of friendly customer service.

Next, the same desk clerk said if we didn't want to park there we could park in a residential area off of Central and Arden and that was free. We did so. Upon talking to the morning desk-manager about our experience the previous night, she warned us NOT to park their because it's a tow-away zone and we were guaranteed to get towed without a permit. We were flabbergasted that the night clerk told us to park there knowing that. So much for hospitality, huh?

Then, all three nights we are there, we have a room next door to a family with children. One of these kids was a an infant who screamed at the top of her lungs from 1 AM to about 8 AM. The other kids cried too. They cried so loud that I know on occasion it was because the kid wanted a burger and his dad said no. For the next 45 minuets they let their kid yell and holler with no concern for any of their neighbors. You could hear the kids screaming from the elevator. Over the weekend we called the front desk four times about being woken up at 4 AM to screaming kids and they told us "we'll send someone up". Of course these walls are paper thin and we can hear everything and I can tell you they never sent anyone. Not once.

I was excited to stay at this hotel because of its prior reviews and 4-star rating. I regret my decision. Staying at a horrible hotel can really put a damper in your vacation, and it definitely did so in mine. Doing the math, we spent over $100 in addition to the almost $600 in hotel room costs in basic amenities that are common courtesy at minimal, basic hotels. The customer service was awful. I will never step foot in a Hilton again. I have never been so disappointed with a hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton G, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles North/Glendale & Executive Meeting Ctr, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Taryn,

I am sorry about your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for any issues you had and I invite you back to give our hotel a second chance if your travels ever bring you back to our area.

Best Regards,

Been to Hilton Los Angeles North/Glendale & Executive Meeting Ctr? Share your experiences!