“good sleep we had!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“good sleep we had!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

we stayed for one night and had no problems. The room met our needs, bed was comfortable, and nice to have a refrigerator and microwave for the items we had in cooler.
traveling on a budget? this is a good place!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Braintree, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were in Glendale for 4 nights visiting our son and new daughter-in-law. We stayed at a different hotel on our previous trip and would have stayed there had not Occidental College been graduating that week, filling all its rooms. The Chariot Inn had no vacancies our first 2 nights so we stayed locally in a true dump we couldn't wait to leave. We settled in at the Chariot for nights 3 and 4 and were quite pleased with the place. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was well apportioned, clean and quiet. Downtown Glendale and its many restaurants is within casual walking distance. For the price we have no regrets.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

the rooms are large and you get free HBO , frig, and microwave large parking and lot of stores and restaurant , staff was friendly.. location is good.. safe area would tell other people about the hotel... good work.. needs a little uplift on the color but otherwise very nice

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Diamond Luv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed here only for one night to be close to the Greek Theater. This is a basic motel; the room seemed to be clean, with a nice TV. There was plenty of hot water and a comfortable shower. Unfortunately, I did have some concerns that made my stay somewhat uncomfortable: When I arrived, I was greeted politely, but after I checked in, the person at the front desk handled me my room key and loudly announced my room number to me. This was troubling, because there was a person waiting in the lobby to get a room. I've rated the service "poor" only for that reason. Although the staff is polite, they should be more mindful of security, expecially when telling someone their room number in the presence of other guests. Also, there should be more supervision on the property. There was a couple in the pool, goofing off and making noise after midnight (the pool was right outside my room). Lastly, parking is a challenge - the parking spots are extremely tight. It didn't appear there are enough spaces. When I returned to my room late in the evening, there was only one very small space that I barely could get into. Too much drama to deal with.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Well I stay there for a week with my dauther and we are happy with the place, the room are large and you get free HBO , frig, and microwave large parking and lot of stores and restaurant .
Is a good calm location and the manager 's are friendly . Is NOT a very clean \ clean room, or the maintenace can be updated for sure . Joint of the bath black , or the withe of the serviette .
if you are extra care personne you may don't like this place ,But bye expérience is one of the cleaness if this long street " Colorado bld " do for couple night is okay . Close from freeway to go everywhere .
No breakfast, but speak English,and smell good motel this is a plus !

• Stayed August 2012
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This motel is reasonably priced and because it is in Glendale, the tax is only 10% instead of the 14% it would be in the city of Los Angeles a few blocks away. That being said, the facility itself is only average. The manager insisted on full payment at the start of our stay instead of the usual policy of paying upon checkout. In the middle of the night, other customers stood outside our room talking and interrupted our sleep. The room had an unpleasant smell upon entering. Overall, if you need to save money or will only be in the room for a few hours, Chariot is OK. Otherwise, pay a little more and get more pleasant surroundings.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I arrived at the Chariot Inn the evening of Wednesday November 9, 2011, and checked into my room. The room looked fine. Nothing fancy, but it seemed fine. I went to bed and woke up the next day a "little itchy" but no big deal I thought. Maybe I was just imagining it.

So, I went to several meetings until about 7pm Thursday. I returned to my room and looked in the mirror to find 6 very small red spots on my forehead, and a few more on the back of my neck, then I looked at my ches and arms, t and found a few more very small red spots. I was wondering what the heck could this be and was definitely concerned, but I wasn't overly alarmed since I had no other symptoms.

About 11pm Thursday night I started feeling really itchy where the red spots were and as I started scratching them lightly they got a lot bigger and even itchier. At this point, I was starting to think that I might have been bit by some sort of insects. I had some hydrocortisone with me and so I applied some to the red spots . I was really tired though, and I just fell asleep hoping the antibiotic and some rest would help alleviate the problem.

I woke up Friday morning to find these HUGE red welts all over my forehead, chest, arms, back and about 5-6 on the back of my neck. I knew then that I had been most likely attacked by bed bugs! I walked over to the front desk and spoke to the man that was there each time to show him what had happened to me. He said, "oh my that is terrible, let me call the owner right away and change your room. I'm going to refund all of your money back to your credit card." I didn't really know what to say or do so I just said okay, and walked back to my room and starting packing up my stuff to move to another room.

The front desk man then came to my room and stated he talked to the owner again and they will move me to a jacuzzi room today because of my trouble, but that he is only refunding me this last night in the jacuzzi room. I said "that was not what you said, and that's not acceptable." He then proceeded to argue with me and told me to "leave right away!" I was in complete shock and told him I have paid for three nights and only stayed two. He said he doesn't care and if I don't leave he will call the police on me!

Trust me, I had already decided I no longer wanted to stay there but the way he handled this situation was unbelievable. I went back to the new room (not a jacuzzi room) and started calling the County Health Dept and the City of Glendale Health services but they were both closed because it is Veterans Day. I am leaving now and will be recontacting all the appropriate Health agencies when they re-open on Monday.

This is a very scary place. I would never recommend staying here ever.
M

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Nilesh P, General Manager at Chariot Inn, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
This gentleman submitting the review is claiming he was bitten by Bed Bugs while at the Chariot Inn. The staff thoroughly examined the room and no trace of bed bugs were found. Subsequent to leaving the property. the guest filed a complaint with the Los Angeles Country Public Health Department who did a unannounced inspection. The County Inspector's inspection of the the room and property found no bed bugs and they provided a written statement stating the complaint was unjustified.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Econo Lodge
Hotel Brandwood
Hotel Brandwood
#7 of 14 in Glendale
3.5 of 5 stars 122 reviews

Been to Chariot Inn? Share your experiences!