So I got lucky on this hotel and was able to use Hilton Point Stretcher points for my stay (which i was beginning to believe were just a myth because I never see hotels that offer them). Not to mention, it was NBA All Star weekend so most of the other hotels in town were booked or sky high. The stay for 4 nights would have cost me about $800+ otherwise. So for 84,000 points this was a STEAL. For $800+, not so much.
Don't get me wrong. It is VERY nice but its not centrally located enough for me to pay that much to stay AND pay $15 a day to park. I was impressed with it Decorated wise, cleanliness, staff behavior, breakfast, etc. Its not to far from downtown L.A.and Beverly Hills, but it is a good ways from beach. So if that is your purpose is going, i wouldn't recommend it. I came to see family that live in Thousand Oaks, but I wanted to be closer to the city to enjoy some of my favorite tourist things to do like great restaurants, shopping, sight seeing . Its a great mall about one mile down the road from the hotel.
The room was nice with a refrigerator, sink, and microwave. It has flat screen tvs in the living room area and the bedroom. The bathroom only had a glassed in shower...no tub. The bed was so comfortable it was hard to wake up each morning and get out of it. It was like it was hugging me. I was a little disappointed in housekeeping. They don't give you the same amount of linens. ie there were two washcloths, two hand cloths, and three towels. I tend to use three of each a day so that kinda frustrated me. Also, they would dump the trash and not put in new liners. They also never replaced the toiletries that I used.
The biggest FAIL of the hotel is THERE IS NO WIRELESS INTERNET! wth...how does a NEW hotel not have wireless internet. that frustrated me to no end because I am a heavy bedtime laptop user. At least put a cord in the bedroom for christsake.
For my trips to L.A. I will always check the price of this hotel first before looking elsewhere. Based on price, it will always be my first choice.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale Hotel
- Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale Hotel Glendale
- Embassy Suites Glendale
- Embassy Suites Los Angeles
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Los Angeles – Glendale, CA hotel provides easy access to I-134, I-101 and I-5 to get you around town. Located in downtown Glendale in the north Los Angeles area, you’ll be a few short miles from Universal Studios, Burbank and Pasadena. Business travelers will appreciate our proximity to many local corporations, in addition to daily complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and our nightly Managers Reception. Experience the warm colors, lush foliage and koi pond of our Glendale, CA hotel's atrium. Our gracious staff will introduce you to our many hotel amenities and your suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.