“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
FancyK
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2009

I visited as a guest at this hotel and it was the grand opening I guess. The hotel looked great from the outside and the inside. There was valet parking and they greeted me very nicely. The food was excellent and the service was great. I waited for my vehicle for like 11 minutes. There were a lot of people i guess it was an important night for the hotel.

• Liked — Bell guys, valet guys, front desk, and everything else
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
jblair99
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

We checked in here because of the proximity to downtown and
LA/USC university hospital on the freeways.
The hotel is new and is not exactly ready to be open it seems.
My mother is here with me and the hide-a-bed doesn't have any sheets yet. I called front desk to get the sheets on the bed and after an hour, there are still no sheets. She is cold and in my bed under the covers because the climate control does not seem to be working very well.
The parking garage shows that the hotel is still being finished.
When I called reservations, I was told the hotel had free internet. When I got to the hotel, the concierge told me the hotel had free internet in the lobby. When I tried to use the internet, it won't allow either free internet in the lobby or rooms at all. They tried to pacify me by providing me a code under my hilton honors number to allow access for 1 day in the room "just this once"
However, if we stay here another night, I will probably have to start paying 10.00 per day for the free internet I was promised on the phone. I look at the website and find that the website is correct in stating high speed internet access available in rooms.

Currently the website is incorrect in that there is not currently valet parking. it is self park for 15.00 per day in the garage

There are no hangers in one of the two closets, but this was remedied by moving them from the other closet.

I was excited by the fact that there was supposed to be self laundry available at the hotel, but find out that it is not yet installed. there is reportedly a laundromat somewhere else in town, but the self laundry option would be much nicer.

I don't know if these issues will be
corrected at any point in the future, but I would ask prospective hotel guests to possibly steer clear of the hotel until it is more seasoned. I heard from the concierge that it opened nov 26th 2008

Stayed January 2009

Been to Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale

Address: 800 N Central Ave, Glendale, CA 91203
Location: United States > California > Glendale
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale 3.5*
The Embassy Suites Los Angeles – Glendale, CA hotel provides easy access to I-134, I-101 and I-5 to get you around town. Located in downtown Glendale in the north Los Angeles area, you’ll be a few short miles from Universal Studios, Burbank and Pasadena. Business travelers will appreciate our proximity to many local corporations, in addition to daily complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and our nightly Managers Reception. Experience the warm colors, lush foliage and koi pond of our Glendale, CA hotel's atrium. Our gracious staff will introduce you to our many hotel amenities and your suite. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale Hotel Glendale
Embassy Suites Glendale

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.