“convenient to Universal and LA Zoo” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast & WiFi Package
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Henderson, Nevada, United States
“convenient to Universal and LA Zoo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a nice choice not far from many tourist spots in the area. It's very easy to get to and from, with the 134 Fwy very close.

There will always be safe parking, but it's under the hotel and does cost $15/day, so consider that in. Also, I didn't like that they didn't have free wifi, even after I put in my Hilton Honors number. So I had to use my mobile service.

The breakfast and hospitality was nice, but I've seen better evening receptions as other Embassy Hotels. This one was sparce on snacks but had some specialty drinks offered. I saw a lot of people enjoying themselves until the 7:30 cut off.

The room was very nice and clean, with wonderful water pressure and extremely hot water. Newer bathrooms.

The pool is on the 2nd floor, so just 3 feet all the way across. It's nice if you like shaded pools, and there is a spot of sun on part of the deck seating area by the hot tub.

There's gas, convenience stores, grocers, and restaurants near by.

I would give this a 5 rating except for the parking not being complimentary.

Room Tip: if you want less noise, ask for an outer room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The hotel has very interesting layout: from the room window, you can see other side of rooms (where are at the same level or lower levels ) clearly if the curtain is not on. My cousin stayed in the other side, we could tell what they were doing or waved to them :). We only stayed one night, so there is no major complain other than the sofa bed does not have good support. The location is about 20 mins driving to Universal studio.

Virginia Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Embassy Suites Glendale for one night in order to attend Universal Studios. The saying you can dress her up but you cannot take her out comes to mind. The facility itself was okay. I am not a fan of $18 per day parking, no valet, no bellman, or no in room wifi without a charge (come on it is 2014). But most of all I not a fan of poor customer service. That is not to say that the folks who checked us were not accommodating( 3 – 11 shift, 7/9/14). Shereen(sp?) who officially checked us in and the front desk manager who helped us with a great local place to eat were accommodating as was another lady who helped us with directions. It was the 11 – 7 front desk shift who could not so much as say Good Morning when I approached the desk. When I asked for a local running route one person nodded in a direction toward a local park. The effort was weak at best. I guess when you pay top dollar for a room ( wanted to see the mountain vs. an interior room with lobby view only) you should expect more. We got less. It is the people who make or break a service industry.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Front desk staff friendly and helpful. The place was quiet and comfortable. The breakfast is the usual buffet or made to order. The only problem was the shower drain. The first night we took showers the drain ran very slow. The next morning I told the front desk staff and they said they would notify maintenance. The second night we took showers the same problem. The next morning I told the front desk staff again and they said they would notify maintenance. The third night they finally got it right. The shower drained fine and you didn't have to stand in dirty water while taking a shower. Overall it was a great stay except for the shower the first two nights. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stay at the Embassy Suites in Glendale for business on a regular basis. I always love the staff and accommodations but this last trip proved to be challenging. The room itself had tile missing on the bathroom floor, a scratched up back door in the bathroom and a crack on the bedroom ceiling that stretched from one side of the room to the other. I feel overall this hotel needs to keep up on the small things that make it a selection over the others in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Hotel is very upscale looking throughout. From the lobby to the elevators to the rooms. Everything looks very nice. The only issue the walls are paper thin. You can hear everyone walking on the hallway and even people in the rooms next to you. For the price, there should be better sound insulation. Also, WI-FI is an extra cost! When they know your coming from out of town, it would be a nice gesture to offer advice on how to get from LAX to here. Not knowing any better, we took a cab, almost $90 !!! After checking in, we saw a super shuttle van outside. I looked up their pricing, only $38 +$9 for additional passengers. That is a heck of a lot cheaper than a cab!!! Nice area though, not much besides a diner & McDonalds with in walking distance. I would check around before staying here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The hotel was better than I expected, any problems I had were address by the staff right away. The bartender knew what he doing, service with a smile. The breakfast good have been better; didn't have dinner at the hotel but should have, the places nearby were horrible.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Been to Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale? Share your experiences!