“Out of Toilet paper again???” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi Package
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
Freehold, United States
“Out of Toilet paper again???”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed at the Glendale Embassy Suites for 5 days. Loved the lobby. Friendly staff. Nice clean room. Four adults in one room. Second day we returned to the room. Out of toilet paper. Housekeeping provided some. Day 3 had to go to the front desk for more toilet paper. Went to the fitness center to work out. No toilet paper in the mens room in the workout center. Is there a TP shortage in CA?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I were you. My wife and I checked in here when our initial choice for a hotel turned out to be a dump (Comfort Inn in Eagle Rock). We were at first a bit put off by the price, but it turned out we would've paid more for what we got in return. We stayed for 3 nights in room 407. The room was beautiful and very clean. We ordered a very reasonably priced room service our first night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Breakfast, which is included in the price of the room, includes made-to-order omelets, a selection of bagels, muffins, Starbucks coffee, fruit, oatmeal, etc. It was something you would pay over $15 for in a nice restaurant. From 5-7:30pm the hotel hosts free alcoholic (and non-alcoholic) drinks, as many as you please. The lobby itself has a beautiful koi pond with several turtles as well. There is parking offered at the hotel for $18/day which, to be honest, is pretty good for L.A. prices. It is right off the freeway and convenient to a lot of LA attractions. I would definitely stay there again. We felt right at home at the Embassy Suites and loved every moment of our stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 407, which was just a little bit of a walk from the elevator. Our view was beauti...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Woodland, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

If you are going to the L.A. area for Family Vacation, this is a great place to stay. Clean, Friendly Staff and ease of accessibility to all major attractions in the Downtown and Universal City Area. Yeah it's further out from Beach and Disneyland but everything else is close by especially Dodger Stadium!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Breakfast and Manager's reception choices can be improved in terms of selection. Double bed rooms are dark and depressing. But overall very clean hotel and good location. Close enough to malls and attractions.

NorCal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Great price for the HUGE free breakfast you get (including custom order omelette bar, fruit, and all cereals and pastries, etc.). The kids loved the koi pond with beautiful fish and a large waterfall in the lobby. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The pool is a bit small for such a huge hotel but it was fine for kids the splash around. Conveniently located to LA attractions. Nice staff. Parking is reasonable at $15/night.

Room Tip: Ask for the view room. We had a panoramic view of the freeway, valley, and mountains. It was gorgeou...
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed at the Embassy Suites as it was walking distance to my business meetings. I was unfortunate to have an inward facing room that was dark and claustrophobic. I would have moved my room if I could but the hotel was full. The bathroom was tiny and for some reason it seems they think people may cook or eat in the room as it seems to be partially equipped for that. I couldn't imagine doing it though. It was quite nice to have a separate bedroom and living room but even then it felt like the walls were closing in on me. I guess my views on the hotel might have been very different if I had a room facing the outside.

The lobby has a huge, dark pond surrounding the elevators, with a few lonely looking fish in it. I really don't understand this feature as it makes the lobby look cold and forbidding. The staff are friendly and helpful enough at reception.

Now some things I liked. The breakfast was okay and better than the Hilton nearby. I also liked the early evening free snacks and wine offered in the lobby. A good starter to some excellent cocktails and bar snacks in the lobby bar.

When I left for the airport they asked if I would like to take a taxi or the hotel limo. Usually hotel cars are much more expensive than taxis but this wasn't the case here. The price was more or less the same as the taxi I took to the hotel and for that I got to ride in the biggest car I have ever been in! I live in Singapore so am used to tiny apartments. I swear the back seat area of the car where I was sitting was as big as my kitchen at home. A fun way to end off a trip to the US, travelling like a star in a limo back to the airport :)

Room Tip: It is essential to book an outer facing room if you are at all clustrophobic
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

For the price, our suite was small, poorly lit, and cramped. Big bathroom with zero counter space or even anywhere for towels...they took up all of the little available space there was in there. For all the available space in the bathroom, should've been better utilized. And did I mention the lighting, if you enjoy yellow, this place is for you. Dim yellow bulbs everywhere, I could barely see my face in the bathroom mirror. Yellow paint and decor everywhere. I like yellow, but not in dim lighting, thank you. A lightbulb above 25 watts would be appreciated. Overall, not a good value for the money. Staff was great, all services great, but the suite was a disappointment. It was like being in a closet. I've been in Embassy Suites far superior to this one, expected much better.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale? Share your experiences!