“Great pool and love the turtles in the lobby” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast & WiFi Package
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney
“Great pool and love the turtles in the lobby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed here while visiting Universal Studios and we loved it.
The rooms were nicely size, clean and modern. Front desk was very friendly and helpful.
Parking was $15 and WiFi was available in our room.
The pool was nice and refreshing after a long hot day and the spa was relaxing.
My wife loved the half dozen or so turtles in a pool in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at this property 2 weeks ago to visit my girlfriend. This property has an AMAZING staff and front desk team. The breakfast was excellent!! But again I cant say enough about how great the team is that work there. Keep up the great work!! When I come back to visit, I'll be sure to make a reservation at the Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Overall, this hotel is very nice. I am here right now to stay the weekend for a wedding. I wanted to write this review before I forget the minor things that turn out to make a major difference when you are traveling.

First off, there is no WiFi in the rooms, only in the public areas. There is wired internet in the rooms, but that is hardly useful to my iPad or kindle, or similar devices.

The televisions have virtually nothing to watch, especially for children, unless you want to pay per episode of spongebob on demand. I find this insulting. These are suites, sized for a family, and there should be things like kids friendly tv easily accessible for children. Also, the tv's are such low quality that they have no inputs, so forget hooking up your own media device in lieu of the hotel's desperate attempt to nickel and dime you. You can't even watch tv on your tablet due to no WiFi.

It would be nice if the sink was separate from the shower and toilet so all the bathroom functions aren't monopolized by one individual in the shower forever.

Lastly, there are no power outlets by the beds. As in ZERO. in fact, if you want to charge your phone or whatever and use it as your alarm, you have to unplug the provided alarm clock from behind your mattress and find a way to shove your charger plug back there. And that only works for one of you, so the person in the other bed has to charge their phone elsewhere.

It's not all bad. So far, the bed seems pretty comfortable. It's very clean, parking is in a garage, staff is very friendly and prompt, food is good. There is no Starbucks nearby, that kind of sucks, but the rooms are really quiet and the atrium is really nice.

• Stayed September 2012
Mark O, General Manager at Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear LaMaterfamilias,
Your feedback is very much appreciated. I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. We know how important WIFI is to our Guests and we have recently completed the installation of our new WIFI system throughout the hotel. We have also added some additional channels for guests and their children to enjoy. As for our TV's they are set up to primarily work with our cable company. I have shared your review with our team to ensure we continue to listen to our Guests and make the necessary improvements going forward. We hope you will consider staying with us for your next visit to the area.

Most sincerely,
Mark O'Neal
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and kids stayed here for Labor Day weekend holiday because proximity to the amusements parks. Although it is in the "downtown" section of Glendale, there are several eating establishments right next door and across the street that are open late or 24 hours. Hotel is right off the expressway and about a mile from an excellent mall and shopping experience.
We arrived late and initially given a handicapped assessable room (I reserved a queen suite). The shape was awkward and we did not feel comfortable. The front desk was quick to accommodate us in another room. The rooms were clean and modern. Two flat panel tv's microwave, and nice sized bath-what you should expect from Embassy Suites. The lobby is fun because of the coy fish pond and turtles. My daughters were able to actually pick up the turtles and take a few pictures. The pool is small and there is a sauna. The fitness center is small but modern and more than adequate to keep up your routing with tread mills, elliptical, and free weights.

The breakfast and evening reception is what you expect. The chefs were great and prepared the food as you would expect. Sunday the breakfast was much more crowded, so get down there early.

Next time in the area, this will be my first consideration.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights while visiting Los Angeles.

The room was spacious, clean, and quiet, especially considering the proximity to the freeway. While the pool area's view isn't special, it's a nice area to refresh on a hot day.

One area where this hotel really shines is its manager's reception at night. While some other Embassy Suites only offer drinks and a snack mix, this hotel had veggies with dip and a different main dish each evening (one night it was chicken bites and the next nachos with cheese). The breakfast was also nice. Special thanks go to Lizet at the front desk, Juan the breakfast cook, and Jorge the evening reception waiter - they are all great at what they do and helped make this stay very pleasant.

We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I'm very disappointed with ths hotel, we have stayed here in the past and it was excellent! BUT this time it was not as pleasant, my husband took a nap and when he woke he had a rash on his neck and his eyes were puffy and red. He called front desk at 3pm, he asked that they send up housekeeping to change the sheets. Front desk told him "ok we will send someone up." Two hours passed and still no one came, so I called front desk. I explained the situation and she was apologetic and said "someone will be up shortly." We left to go to Target to get him allergy medicine and grab dinner, we got back at 10:00pm. And... The sheets were NOT changed!!! We called the front desk and they told us that housekeeping left for the day, BUT they will send up what they can. I asked to speak to the manager and they said no-one was there. Today I decided to go to the front desk directly, no manager again. I called a few hours later and spoke to a manager on duty and she said she would waive the parking fee, WTF! I told her that I would like to speak to the GM and she said that she will have him call me. My husband decided to call because we did not hear from the GM and he was put on hold for 15 minutes and then the call dropped. We got back to our hotel room at 1:00am, we heard music playing loudly, my husband called front desk to inform the night auditor, he said he will send security up to check on it. 30 minutes passed, still loud music. AGAIN we call front desk and tell the night auditor the music is stil playing to please send up security to OUR Room so they can track the music. He says ok, no one comes up! The music finally turns off and we hear them talking now! It's about 2:00am and I just put a pillow over my ear and fall asleep. 4:12am we wake up and now we hear them having SEX! It lasted about a minute but at this point my husband has had it! My husband calls the front desk and complains and tells the night auditor to either move us or them!!! The night auditor said he will take care of the situation. Talking continues and I just can't sleep! My husband talks to the GM at 9:00am and complains. This is suppose to be a 100% Guarantee hotel! We get 1 night free, I just want to say to the GM "your staff especially the Night Auditor is INCOMPETENT!" I work for a hotel as well and I know that our staff would never put anyones health in danger and if someone was complaining about noises we would have moved them right away! I know word of mouth spreads a lot faster so when I hear that a staff member wants to visit your hotel, I will inform them about my experience!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Much more convenient for sightseeing or businessand access to highways and downtown than it appears to be on a map.Right off of an east/west roadway. Clean facility, with a small pool and gym, a nice dining area and lobby.
The rooms are on the small side. Th sleeper bed hit the TV table when opened making it impossible to pass by without half closing the bed. While the bedroom had good beds and linens, the sofa bed was impossible to sleep on. Our request for a topper could not be accommodated, so we used six pillows, but they need to address this issue,as many use suite hotels when they have kids or a third party in the room. The bathroom was large with nice amenities.
The room,facing the lobby was a bit dark and could use more lights to brighten it up. The staff was verypleasan and helpfult. The on site restaurant served until about ten pm, good for those who have spent the day out. On site parking is convenient, a bit pricey at $15/day.Overall our experience was very positive and this hotel deserves consideration when planning a trip to L.A.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Embassy Suites Los Angeles/Glendale? Share your experiences!