Though a lot of people focus on being close to ground zero in Napa, Sonoma County also has its fare share of places to visit for dining and wine tasting, Gaige House is well situated north of Sonoma, just about 15 miles from Santa Rosa and 20 or so to Healdsburg, my favorite place in Napa and Sonoma. Though it may be tricky to find the first time, it has a lovely setting on a small river, with some beautiful suites. It also has some rooms (and a suite) in the main house. These are smaller and more affordable, but not as nice. Everything was clean and organized and nicely appointed.A couple things though--there wasn't much communications right before the stay. We were arriving late and although I knew our reservation was confirmed, a call, with directions would have left my mind more at ease. In the end, we turned up at 10 PM, and they left the envelope with directions and a key at the door. Would have been nice if someone answered my phone calls much earlier in the day--but all I got was voicemail and never did get a call back. Second--it advertises a full breakfast, which isn't really true. It has a very nice continental breakfast with an extra. One day was deviled eggs, the other was a quiche. Good--but not really a full breakfast. We really enjoyed our stay though.
- Also Known As:
- Gaige House, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel
- Gaige House, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel Glen Ellen
- Gaige House
- Gaige House, A Four Sisters Inn Glen Ellen, CA - Sonoma County
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked into the Sonoma Valley hamlet of Glen Ellen, the Gaige House feels like a secret hideaway. Of course, it’s not really a secret; the Gaige House is regularly recommended in Michelin and other guides, and has been listed repeatedly in Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List of the top hotels in the world. Gaige House is part of the prestigious Four Sisters Inns collection and is an elegant blend of vintage and contemporary architecture. The inn features 23 thoughtfully appointed guestrooms with a modern, Asian flair. The verdant, secluded setting along Calabaza's Creek includes an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, and is accented with delightful surprises in hidden spots: a hammock shaded with ancient oaks, a miniature pagoda in a rock garden, a gurgling fountain.After a day of visiting nearby wineries, boutiques and art galleries, return to the Gaige House to indulge in luxurious spa services provided either in-room, or outdoors in a peaceful and private cabana. All guests enjoy a complimentary, full breakfast every morning, and an afternoon wine and hors d’oeuvres reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Gaige House, A Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.