“Great place to eat and stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Glen Ellen Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glen Ellen
Glen Ellen Inn
You added Glen Ellen Inn to your Saves list
13670 Arnold Drive, Glen Ellen, CA   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Glen Ellen B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Great place to eat and stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had our wedding dinner at the Glen Ellen Inn 5 years ago and they did a fantastic job. We decided to return for our anniversary and this time we stayed at the Cottages as well. Dinner was again great. And we were pleasantly surprised by the cottages. Although we had a few issues with the hot water, it was a great place to stay and we will undoubtedly stay there again next time.

Room Tip: Cottage #1 is wheel chair accessible so perhaps not the best shower. Cottage #2 seemed a bit bright...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Yardley, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

This secret cottage needs to remain a secret. When we entered cottage #2 we were immediately turned off by 2 big stains on the filthy carpet, stepping into the bathroom, I noticed cobwebs by the light and do not think anyone has stayed in this place for months, how could a cleaning person not see this!? I cringed sleeping on the bed that night and would not dare to step anywhere in the room without my shoes.....the room did have a basket of fruit and baked goods, I would not think of trying any.....got up early, left and would NEVER go back.....yuck!!! We stayed in Mendocino and Calistoga at other inns that were superb, this was certainly a zero.....

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bowen Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Well I have to say I'm a little confused. Not sure if Stay1234 and the other negative review stayed in the same place I'm writing about. Right now I (and my love) are in cottage #2 and ready to hop into the jacuzzi tub. The room is very clean and very comfortable. We are here in the low season and at $140 our room seems reasonable so I have to say bravo Glen Ellen Inn, keep it up. By the way, we had both lunch and dinner at the Inn's restaurant and found both meals (as well as the service) very well prepared and presented - don't forget to try the crab potstickers!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Traverse County, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed two nights @ GE Inn in Oct 2013. Disappointed on multiple levels for the price and the previous solid reviews. Service in the restaurant was horrendous-- they rushed us through dinner and server appeared to be particularly unhappy. Perhaps a bad day?

The room was very dirty; e.g. cob webs, stained furniture, general disrepair. Overall it was reminiscent of a Midwest motor lodge, not an nice Napa inn. The linens were dollar store specials at best.

For nearly the same $$$, you can stay in Saint Helena @ Southbridge Inn which is absolutely gorgeous, spotlessly clean, and comes with the use of the spa and a free dynamite breakfast.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We have stayed at Glen Ellen Inn twice now and look forward to our next visit. The cottages are behind the restaurant (one of our favorite restaurants!) in their own private grouping, good-sized, nicely appointed, with very comfortable beds. It's a great location to use as a base for exploring the surrounding wine country. We prefer the Sonoma Valley much more than Napa Valley.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in one of the cottages for a night while traveling throughout northern California. There are separate cottages and each have their own front patio with chairs. There is also a cute table sitting area overlooking a small brook. We stayed in room #2 which was very beautiful and had a great jacuzzi in the room as well. The bathroom is also very spacious with a large shower, sink, etc. They offer a complimentary basket of fruit, scones, and cookies which were delicious. I also recommend checking out the Glen Ellen Inn for dinner. It was delicious! We also were able to bring in a bottle of wine that we bought at a nearby winery. I cant wait to return again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Washougal, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I booked the hotel based on all the good reviews on Tripadvisor for our 9th anniversary on our trip to the wine country. I was hoping to enjoy the stay but was truly disappointed. We stayed at the #1 Cottage. First of, the rug underneath the bed was old and dirty in need of shampooing or just burned. Secondly, the bed cover also had seen its days. I wasn't quite sure if it gets washed after each stay and certainly not all the pillows & shams on the bed. After being quite disgusted, I went to the bathroom to take a bath, there was an used towel hanging behind the door. I knew it was used because I could see the stain. At this point, I started to question if they even clean the room before renting it out for the night. The clean towels are so old it started to shed off as you dry yourself. Needless to say, we didn't get a good night sleep since none of us are willing to cover ourselves with the questionable comforter. In the morning when we were trying to make some coffee in the coffee maker, of course, the pot was dirty. My husband and I ran out of that place as soon as we could manage and count it a haunted experience and never look back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Glen Ellen Inn? Share your experiences!