We decided to splurge on a hotel on our way to a race at Sonoma Raceway and with so many great reviews, we couldn't pass it up.
We checked in before dinner and our room was ready right away. We were offered a different room with a tub in case we wanted that, but we were good with room 1, a king bed with a kitchenette. The room is smallish, but worked fine. the kitchen had a table and chairs, fridge with chilled water and snacks. The bathroom was huge with a heated floor (awesome!!)
We had plenty of the free wine provided in the lobby (a white and red from Sebastiani's organic line.) We got take out dinner at the Glen Ellen Star down the street and ate on the patio at the hotel. We were given silverware and plates to make it fancy! After dinner we brought our drinks down to the hot tub which was an awesome way to wrap up our evening.
The bed was crazy comfy and the plushy robes were a very nice touch. The shower head in the shower is just huge and had every option to pick from. All shower supplies supplied!
Breakfast was something else. I couldn't have gotten a better breakfast at a fancy restaurant. We had cranberry pistachio scones to start with homemade chai tea (awesome!!) and coffee. Fresh fruit and a rosemary muffin with fresh jam as a second. The main course was just unbelievably- fried egg over duck confit hash and a carrot puree. It was out of this world.
The finishing touch was the roasted cinnamon almonds they gave us going out the door. If I'm ever in this area, I wont bother staying anywhere else. The stay was one of the best 12+ hours of my life. Go here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled into a hillside and surrounded by oak and olive trees in the heart of Sonoma wine country, Olea Hotel is a small boutique hotel with unique amenities, modern guest rooms, and an exceptional breakfast experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Olea Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenelly Inn And Cottages
- Glenelly Inn & Cottages Hotel Glen Ellen
- Olea Hotel Glen Ellen, CA - Sonoma County