“First B&B Experience, Now I am Spoiled!” 5 of 5 stars

Olea Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5131 Warm Springs Rd., Glen Ellen, CA 95442   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Glen Ellen
Pasadena, California, United States
“First B&B Experience, Now I am Spoiled!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

When we were first booking our stay, we were looking for a B&B to try out for a romantic getaway and quickly realized that all the options looked old fashioned which isn't really our style. However, we finally stumbled upon the Olea and decided to book because it looked modern and nice.

This ended up being an amazing place to stay. The entire staff is super friendly and make you feel warm and welcome. The new owners did a great job with all the little things that one doesn't notice immediately. Complimentary wine (and decent ones) in the lobby along with coffee and tea at any time of the day, jars (yes mini jars!) of assorted olives, an amazing gourmet breakfast each day, a hosted wine tasting (including a personal cheese board) on Friday afternoons, nightly dessert/wine for a night cap, complimentary water and snacks in the room, free (and good) WiFi, super soft sheets, robes (2 different styles), cozy large towels for showers and the hot tub, clean and modern rooms and bathrooms, and so many other things I can't possibly describe in this run-on sentence!

We indulged in a couples massage on a Saturday afternoon- it was a great way to wind down before dinner. Just had to throw on our robe and meet them in the lobby. The massage therapists were great and personal and made us both feel relaxed.

Everything is just well put together and works. I think we will always stay here when in the area as it is perfect and with an appropriate room rate to match. And the location is ideal for exploring all the many wineries in the region.

I have a feeling I will be dissapointed when I have to stay at a future B&B and it is not the Olea.

Give them a try, it will be worth your while!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Petaluma, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I saw the Groupon for this hotel and after looking at the website I jumped at the chance to try it out. My husband and I love little weekend getaways every now and then and this was only about 1/2 hour drive from home. We really had a wonderful time there. On the way, we stopped at Mantanzas Creek Winery. The grounds there are heavenly and the lavender products are very high quality. We were really impressed with the Olea Hotel grounds and room appointments. It's contemporary yet warm and comfortable. They provide 2 kinds of robes in your room. One was so soft that I bought one at the lobby. We had dinner at a really great restaurant that's only about 1/3 mile down the road called The Glen Ellen Star. Great food and atmosphere. Then we stopped in the lobby at the hotel for their complimentary dessert and wine. In the morning we had the complimentary breakfast which was just fabulous. Really great cuisine. This is truly a charming hotel that we will no doubt head back to again. I'm pretty picky about hotels and this one was just right. I forgot to mention that the staff is so friendly and provides top notch service. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the cottages and would definitely try for one of those rooms again. Quiet, clos...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

We haven't event left the Olea yet, but I had to write a review before we left just to say how amazing our stay at Olea was! Everything was incredible from the moment of check in. Ken and Clay were incredibly hospitable, the room was the perfect size (we had cottage #9 which I think is the accessible room), the bed was one of the most incredible beds we've ever slept in, and to top it all off, the breakfast was literally out of this world. My husband and I will forever be blown away by the two breakfasts we were able to partake in. Thanks to the Olea for everything! We will absolutely be back and will tell all of our friends to come back as well!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was lucky to experience the Olea Hotel for a Saturday night stay with some girlfriends for a trip up from SF to wine country. We adored the hotel, and the staff, and literally planned our next trip to this gorgeous retreat on our way home. EVERY detail of this cozy, quaint, yet modern and new hotel was extraordinary. The breakfast was to die for, the bed was the most comfortable I've been in at a hotel, and the staff were truly memorable, especially Linda, Clay, and the owners. We'll be seeing you all again soon!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
South Lake Tahoe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were amazed with our stay at the Olea Hotel. When we checked we were personally showed us to our room and explained how everything worked. She helped with suggestions for dinner as well. Our room was beautiful with so many wonderful amenities - down to the heated bathroom floor. They have outdone themselves on the remodel! We thoroughly enjoyed our dessert and port after dinner. Breakfast in the morning was to die for - a real gourmet treat! The staff was incredibly friendly, gracious and helpful. We can't say enough about our stay. It was a true delight!

Room Tip: Ask for a hillside room.
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We just got back from our 2 night stay at the new Olea Inn...a GROUPON deal. What a treat !!!! We totally LOVED everything about this delightful inn. I love the furnishings, soft linens, friendly staff, patio area, gourmet food and wine, dining area....I could go on for pages!!! From the moment we walked into the office, (Kent is such a kind, caring person)...we felt like we were family. Luckily the weather was so beautiful, we got to sit outside and sip our wine. The delicious gourmet breakfast was a real treat and also I loved their homemade granola and lemon/blueberry scones. The sheets are so incredibly SOFT, I just had to order the same ones for home !! One special thing that you don't usually find in your travels is a HEATED BATHROOM FLOOR!!! It's a great location to use as your home base. We bought a picnic lunch at the Glen Ellen Village Market and headed a few minutes up Hwy 12 to enjoy a few hours walking around Quarryhill Botanical Gardens...we took a few 100 pictures of flowers and the gorgeous area. We were the only ones at the gardens yesterday...we only saw one other couple. It's so beautiful and has picnic tables for your lunch when you're done with your hike. Another day we headed down Arnold Drive to Sonoma and making a few stops along the way...one being the Wine Country Chocolates just a few minute drive from our inn. The owner was kind enough to give his whole talk about how they make their chocolate, and they have chocolate samples. We also found a fabulous bakery on Yelp in Sonoma...The Crisp Bakery. We explored BR Cohn Winery, also a short drive from the inn. They have both wine and olive oil tasting. The owner was The Doobie Brothers manager for many years and some memorablia on display from the group. We just had a great time..... gained a few pounds !!! We have done a lot of traveling and stayed at many wonderful places, but I have to say Olea is my most favorite...we look forward to our next visit.

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

In short, this place redefined for me what I expect from vacation lodging. The staff was impeccably professional yet warm and they were always a step ahead in anticipating our needs. We felt very well taken care of. The room was very inviting as well and had the most comfortable sheets that I've ever slept on. The included breakfast lived up to the hype, one of the best that I've ever had. If you stay here and eat breakfast elsewhere, I feel bad for you. The surrounding area offers so much but the number one reason that I will return to Glen Ellen will be because of this hotel. I can't wait to return, I hope they don't change a thing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Olea Hotel? Share your experiences!