“Fabulous Glen Ellen getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

Olea Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5131 Warm Springs Rd., Glen Ellen, CA 95442   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Glen Ellen
Petaluma, California, United States
“Fabulous Glen Ellen getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I saw the Groupon for this hotel and after looking at the website I jumped at the chance to try it out. My husband and I love little weekend getaways every now and then and this was only about 1/2 hour drive from home. We really had a wonderful time there. On the way, we stopped at Mantanzas Creek Winery. The grounds there are heavenly and the lavender products are very high quality. We were really impressed with the Olea Hotel grounds and room appointments. It's contemporary yet warm and comfortable. They provide 2 kinds of robes in your room. One was so soft that I bought one at the lobby. We had dinner at a really great restaurant that's only about 1/3 mile down the road called The Glen Ellen Star. Great food and atmosphere. Then we stopped in the lobby at the hotel for their complimentary dessert and wine. In the morning we had the complimentary breakfast which was just fabulous. Really great cuisine. This is truly a charming hotel that we will no doubt head back to again. I'm pretty picky about hotels and this one was just right. I forgot to mention that the staff is so friendly and provides top notch service. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the cottages and would definitely try for one of those rooms again. Quiet, clos...

231 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

We haven't event left the Olea yet, but I had to write a review before we left just to say how amazing our stay at Olea was! Everything was incredible from the moment of check in. Ken and Clay were incredibly hospitable, the room was the perfect size (we had cottage #9 which I think is the accessible room), the bed was one of the most incredible beds we've ever slept in, and to top it all off, the breakfast was literally out of this world. My husband and I will forever be blown away by the two breakfasts we were able to partake in. Thanks to the Olea for everything! We will absolutely be back and will tell all of our friends to come back as well!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was lucky to experience the Olea Hotel for a Saturday night stay with some girlfriends for a trip up from SF to wine country. We adored the hotel, and the staff, and literally planned our next trip to this gorgeous retreat on our way home. EVERY detail of this cozy, quaint, yet modern and new hotel was extraordinary. The breakfast was to die for, the bed was the most comfortable I've been in at a hotel, and the staff were truly memorable, especially Linda, Clay, and the owners. We'll be seeing you all again soon!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
South Lake Tahoe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were amazed with our stay at the Olea Hotel. When we checked we were personally showed us to our room and explained how everything worked. She helped with suggestions for dinner as well. Our room was beautiful with so many wonderful amenities - down to the heated bathroom floor. They have outdone themselves on the remodel! We thoroughly enjoyed our dessert and port after dinner. Breakfast in the morning was to die for - a real gourmet treat! The staff was incredibly friendly, gracious and helpful. We can't say enough about our stay. It was a true delight!

Room Tip: Ask for a hillside room.
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We just got back from our 2 night stay at the new Olea Inn...a GROUPON deal. What a treat !!!! We totally LOVED everything about this delightful inn. I love the furnishings, soft linens, friendly staff, patio area, gourmet food and wine, dining area....I could go on for pages!!! From the moment we walked into the office, (Kent is such a kind, caring person)...we felt like we were family. Luckily the weather was so beautiful, we got to sit outside and sip our wine. The delicious gourmet breakfast was a real treat and also I loved their homemade granola and lemon/blueberry scones. The sheets are so incredibly SOFT, I just had to order the same ones for home !! One special thing that you don't usually find in your travels is a HEATED BATHROOM FLOOR!!! It's a great location to use as your home base. We bought a picnic lunch at the Glen Ellen Village Market and headed a few minutes up Hwy 12 to enjoy a few hours walking around Quarryhill Botanical Gardens...we took a few 100 pictures of flowers and the gorgeous area. We were the only ones at the gardens yesterday...we only saw one other couple. It's so beautiful and has picnic tables for your lunch when you're done with your hike. Another day we headed down Arnold Drive to Sonoma and making a few stops along the way...one being the Wine Country Chocolates just a few minute drive from our inn. The owner was kind enough to give his whole talk about how they make their chocolate, and they have chocolate samples. We also found a fabulous bakery on Yelp in Sonoma...The Crisp Bakery. We explored BR Cohn Winery, also a short drive from the inn. They have both wine and olive oil tasting. The owner was The Doobie Brothers manager for many years and some memorablia on display from the group. We just had a great time..... gained a few pounds !!! We have done a lot of traveling and stayed at many wonderful places, but I have to say Olea is my most favorite...we look forward to our next visit.

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

In short, this place redefined for me what I expect from vacation lodging. The staff was impeccably professional yet warm and they were always a step ahead in anticipating our needs. We felt very well taken care of. The room was very inviting as well and had the most comfortable sheets that I've ever slept on. The included breakfast lived up to the hype, one of the best that I've ever had. If you stay here and eat breakfast elsewhere, I feel bad for you. The surrounding area offers so much but the number one reason that I will return to Glen Ellen will be because of this hotel. I can't wait to return, I hope they don't change a thing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Helena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I love surprises and especially if I don't have to travel too far. November 7 we stayed at the Olea Hotel.
I think it was for us a smart move to not be home on election night.
I think it would be a smart move for anyone any night especially if you also have dinner at The Glen Ellen Star.

The hotel, which felt more like an Inn to me, because of the gracious hosts and chef.
Our evening started with complimenary wine and olives which we savored on the large patio and watched the sun set. This was maybe my favorite experience.
We had Edward our bulldog along and to be able to sit in this beautiful setting under a magnificent oak tree with him and sip wine was a five star experience in my book.

Our room while on the small side had two chairs and plenty of pillows. (If you have read my other review of Basecamp you know this is an important detail)

Breakfast is the other very charming aspect to a stay here. I became very fond of the chia and you will too.
My poached egg on sweet potato hash and sauteed spinach, perfect! As was the little olive oil rosemary muffin with house-made jam.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Olea Hotel? Share your experiences!