“OK hotel for one night stay - but would not recommend” 3 of 5 stars

Gilroy Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   611 Leavesley Road, Gilroy, CA 95020   |
Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Gilroy
Porto Alegre, RS
“OK hotel for one night stay - but would not recommend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We staying for one night during a shopping trip to the Gilroy outlet. As far as location, it is within walking distance from the outlet, the rooms are OK, but nothing more. They were cleanish, but really I would look elsewhere unless you are on a really tight budget (it was less that U$60 per night).

Room Tip: If you can, ask for rooms at the lower level, so you don´t have to carry your luggage up the stairs!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Singapore City, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Checking in was easy.. The owner and his wife were pleasant. The rooms were dark. It when you switched on all the lights, it is bright enough. The rooms smell fresh unlike some of the hotels we stayed. All the facilities work - particularly the air conditioner.

The room is clean and comfortable. They are lots of electrical outlets - 10 at least in my room. This is important if you need to charge multiple equipment. The wireless is acceptable and free.

The key uses Denny's image. I was told we will get a good percent discount.

Though near the malls and the freeway, it is not noisy..

If you can, ask for units on the second level.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way to Sequoia National Park.
The inn is close to the freeway, but we not disturbed by traffic noise.
The room was a little dark, but ok. The aircon was well functioning and without noise.
The breakfast was only a cake in plastic and coffee, but instead we crossed the street and had a nice breakfast at Denny's where we got 10% off showing our key card from the inn.
We wouldn't mind too stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was planning to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn but didn't make a reservation and they were full. I went to three other hotels - all full - and none of them suggested the Gilroy Inn. I noticed it driving past and almost didn't stop. I had given up on finding anything in Gilroy (it's the Monterey Car Week) and was about to drive back to San Jose. I stopped here and I'm very glad I did. I paid $85, which is more than the rates I see online for tonight but it's cheaper than the rates at most of the hotels that didn't have vacancies.

The surprising thing is that it's actually quite decent. The room seems very clean and it has a microwave and refrigerator and relatively modern furnishings. The bathroom is quite clean and has a granite counter and plenty of soaps and shampoos. It is next to a gas station, which I suppose could be noisy but so far it doesn't seem to be a problem. The TV is not a flat screen but I wasn't planning on watching it anyway. The internet is fast and easy to join. I'm pleasantly surprised.

I chose this place because it was the only one available but after having experienced it I may stay here again because it's clean and good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
North Hollywood, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

It was close and easy to find, we could not check in early. Busy for the Gilroy Garlic Festival and VERY EXPENSIVE. (My brother booked it). It was clean, but our room 108 smelled when you walked in. (108). No hair dryer, shampoo is in tear open packets. Nice thick towels, no hair dryer. Free small Fridge in room, a plus, bed was comfortable, just enough parking. It is walkable to the Outlet Malls. The Garlic Festival was fun. Outlet malls are way expensive, Palm springs has much better deals. Eat at the Black Bear a few blocks up. AMAZING. ALl in all a nice experience but not one I care to repeat (except for the food at the Black Bear). For what we paid I would give it a poor, but we paid high because of demand, for $50 like what I see others have paid, it would be a good deal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011 via mobile

Nice price, nice host, but not a very nice place. Smelly outside because of burgerplace next door. The room was clean, but still kind of disgusting (old, worn down). Thin walls.

• Stayed July 2011
Scarborough
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

We just wanted to stay one night where near to the Premium Factory Outlets, Gilroy so that we picked this on Orbitz. After tax, we paid $50 with change which we thought it was what we wanted.

It's an old inn and little noisy. Parking and Internet was free of charge and very minimal choice of breakfast which we did not even have it while checking out the next day. Ask for the hair dryer if you need one, and check if there is funny smell before you use it.

There was an outdoor pool onsite but I doubted people would ever swim there. Ice machine was located downstairs and easy to find along with other vending machines. Upper level was accessible by stairs only which located to be part of the parking lot.

Denny's just across the street from the place, and 2 min walk to the nearest factory outlets (as Premium Outlets contained 3 sites). Wal-mart Supercentre and Target were 10 min drive from here.

Not much to say but if you've the money, stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: wifi signal vary in diff room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Gilroy Inn? Share your experiences!