“Ed's experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Gilroy

You added Days Inn Gilroy to your Saves list
Days Inn Gilroy
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8292 Murray Ave., Near Premium Shopping Outlets, Gilroy, CA 95020 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Special Offer
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Gilroy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lomita, California
“Ed's experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The room was excellent, and the amenities were just as advertised. The maid service varied, according to what maid was assigned, but was generally very good. The only recommendation I could make is that all maids be instructed to perform their duties in exactly the same way as the best ones. Otherwise, everything was very good. I had a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lock broken on the door, heater and A/C didn't work, terrible smell, moldy bathroom, scratched sink and bathtub, and the scariest couch I've ever seen (at least, among couches that weren't on the sidewalk with a "Free" sign next to them). I left the front door open for the first hour to air the place out, and that's when I found out that the heater didn't work. I also noticed that everyone else around me was doing the same thing. There was a large industrial air compressor that started up at some point and kept on going for about 20 minutes, but honestly, that was the least of my worries. Wifi works. Sometimes...

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

loved the direct tv, it was just like being at home. We brought our own food and drinks so the microwave and the mini fridge in the rooms was nice, and there were plenty of places to eat near by,The only reason I didnt give a higher rating was the wall are a little thin.We could here the people in the room above us walking around,and when someone took a shower it sounded like it was in our room.Other than that it was fine I would stay here again.Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Portola, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Upon arrival I went into the office to check in. On the counter top was a big sign that stated no debit cards. I used my debt card/visa to book my room. I was told I needed to use a different card to check in. Also told that when I switch cards I will no longer be entitled to my AAA discount that I booked the room with. What? After a few words the man at the front desk agreed that was not my fault that someone on the phone reservation did not state this no debit/visa cards could be used so he agreed to use my debit so I could still have my discount. Still puzzled about that one. When I got my room key I promptly when to my room which was already checked out to the person who was sleeping in the bed. Thanks God for covers! Went back to the office and got a different room. Was so pissed that I did not check out the bathroom. The following morning jumped in the shower only to see the whole wall above the shower covered with black mold. Yes, black mold. When I checked out I went back to the front desk to find that same employee. He could care less when I told him about the mold. I was not thrilled with this experience. I feel I should of left feeling better than when I arrived which did not happen. I can only hope this employee learned something from my disaster and improves.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInn G, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Gilroy, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Dear Deborah,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the travelling community. We apologize and regret the circumstances of your guest experience. We will look into the issue immediately. We hope to see you again so we can improve on the previous experience. Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

John
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

Place was old, but clean and comfortable. Nothing to write home about, but certainly nothing to complain about either. Comfortable bed, hot water, good shower, clean bathroom & towels, and the front desk guy had a smile. What more do you need?

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Dear Laura,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you had a good experience. Please see us again so we can make it even better.

Regards,

John Smith
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

Great place to stay if you want to avoid the outrageous prices of the Monterey Peninsula. The short drive to Monterey is easier to take than Monterey prices. Nice staff, nice room, safe area and nice price! The breakfast was typical chain mandated stuff--but worked fine to get us started for the day.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Phelan, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

the stay was perfect, ill stay there every time in in the area and recommend to others..the price was better than expected for that quality room

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Gilroy? Share your experiences!