“A Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Gilroy

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Gilroy to your Saves list
Days Inn Gilroy
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8292 Murray Ave., Near Premium Shopping Outlets, Gilroy, CA 95020 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #6 of 9 hotels in Gilroy
GreenLeadersBronze level

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Incline Village, NV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I booked a room for my husband and me at this Days Inn for the annual Garlic Festival. I booked the room in April of this year, and I chose this place based on TripAdvisor reviews of the place. I wish now I had looked at recent reviews (June, July) before we actually traveled to Gilroy.

The motel is in a good location as far as freeway and highway access go. But, it is next to a commercial business that apparently has employees working nights. When we pulled up we were a little taken aback by its physical location and the grounds of the motel. There was trash thrown in the bushes and containers of rotting food that had fuzzy mold on it sitting in the bushes.

We were given a ground floor room in the back of the property. We drove around to the room only to find it was not cleaned (2:45 p.m.; check-in is technically 3:00 p.m.). So, we drove around Gilroy a while until our room was ready. Over all, the room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the TV was a nice one with DirecTV. The negatives: the door to the room did not seal well and let in aromas (garlic fields, which was not unpleasant), daylight, and night time lights; the walls were paper thin; there were holes in the bathroom wall; water stains and rippled wallpaper throughout the room; bathroom faucet leaked whenever the faucet was turned on and the water ran onto the counter and subsequently onto the floor below; counter top of the bathroom was in bad shape; the bathroom door hit the toilet every time the door was opened; there was moldy stuff growing around the bathtub caulking; furniture in the room was damaged but usable.

During our stay the only ice machine on the premises ran out of ice. The woman at the front desk said she would call us when it was repaired. We never got the call. However, the next day the ice machine was working. The complimentary breakfast served stale muffins. I do not know about the other food items since I only picked up two muffins the first morning and did not return the next morning.

In the middle of both nights we were there we were awakened by machinery at the business next door. As I mentioned, the walls between the rooms were paper thin. Our neighbors must have used TV as white noise to help them sleep. We did not appreciate having to share that "white noise" with them. Perhaps being judgmental, we were afraid to call their room to ask them to turn down, or off, their TV. We did not have the sense that the motel personnel would be helpful either.

This Days Inn is in such disrepair that we would never recommend this place to anyone we know. We will also never stay at this Days Inn location in the future. I wish I had perused the more recent reviews before we made our road trip to Gilroy. Live and learn.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DaysInn G, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Gilroy, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear GodlyBooBoo from Inclinevillage, Nevada,

We can understand your disappointment and frustration during this very festive and colorful family and visitors oriented Garlic Festival Weekend. It was a record setting heat and it was restless weekend. We apologize for the lack of ice when you needed it and for the cleanliness issues you stated in the bathroom and poor furniture quality that turned you down. It is a high spirited event and the we apologize for the Garlic Smells permeating into your room, it is strong during the festival. We will speak with our neighbors and request if we can improve the work activities timing, they prepare tools for the morning fieldworkers and industries in the area, but we may be able to develop some alternate plan. As far as your neighbors guests are asked to be concerned with quiet hours but you were ok with the white noise nonetheless if it is reported we can make a request.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We are truly sorry for your poor experience. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

We have informed our business neighbors of your feedback.

John Smith
Guest Relations
408 848 3500
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Checked in on a Friday. I called ahead and asked if I could check in early, he said yes. I got there at 2:20Pm. The room he 1st gave me the maid was still cleaning it. So I went back to get another room. Got it! Upon entering the room temp was set just right. Presentation of our room was nice. 4 overly soft down or down alternative were spread diagonally across. Cool 30 in. flatscreen with Direct tv as the service provider.

My purpose to check in early was to enjoy their pool. They got a pool but no lounge style chairs to lay out and sun bathe : ( They had upright sitting plastic chairs. I saw one person lay their towel on the concrete floor to lay down, no thanks.

I ended up taking a nap instead of sun bathing. There would be a strong possibility to repeat this hotel if they had lounge chairs for their pool area. The price I paid for is fair, I booked about 2 months ahead, to make sure I get a room for the Garlic Festival.

They offer free continental style breakfast form 6Am to 9Am. Not an early bird so got there at 8:45Am. There was weak coffee and some mini muffins left. They did have some activia yogurt which was cool, and I had some, Also they offered apples and bananas as fresh fruit. There are alot of hotels in the area so they are as being competitive as best as they can.

Room Tip: Perhaps the 2nd floor may have less foot traffic. People walking across your window and door you wil...
Green Features: Well their toilets aren't water savers. I thought mines may have leaked water whenever I flushed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Elaine W

John Smith
Guest Relations
Days Inn Gilroy

Been to Days Inn Gilroy? Share your experiences!