“Exceeded our expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Gilroy
Roseville, California
“Exceeded our expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Everything was Great! We stayed in this hotel last July 16-17, 2013 and all I can say is the price is just right- less than $100.00. The room is not too small/big but good enough for me, my wife and our 4 year old daughter. Close to some restaurants/fast foods, close to freeway, outlet stores and Gilroy gardens. The staff were very friendly most esp the lady in the dining room, she's is a very sweet lady, though she can't speak much English she will understand you and will be there to assist you. Also the front desk clerk (forgot her name) she's also nice and even recommended some places to visit near Gilroy. The breakfast was ok, compared to other hotels. My daughter enjoyed making a pancake inside the dining room. If you're planning to stay here, better ask if they still have an available room downstairs because they don't have an elevator, otherwise u can walk through the stairs if you wont mind walking. We will be back in Gilroy for sure and will stay here again ! Thanks to the management and staff of Q.I.!

Room Tip: Room 109, its downstairs and next to the dining area...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manisha P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gilroy, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback and positive comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time and appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great value. The staff is very friendly and professional especially the lady who manages the property. She is to be commended on her great customer service skills. The hotel has a excellent breakfast and you can always get coffee or hot chocolate in the Front Desk Area. In additon there is a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker in the rooms.The hotel exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend this hotel if you need a place to stay in the Gilroy area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manisha P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gilroy, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for your kind comments about your stay with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My family and I decided to stay here for a night during memorial day weekend. It wasn't our first choice but the other hotels in the area were either all booked or out of our price range. When we arrived we were happy to see that we were right across the street from the outlet stores and we were the closest hotel to Gilroy Gardens where we were taking our daughter. So we check in and when we got to our room we noticed that the door was wide open and housekeeping was cleaning the room. So we went back to the front desk and they said sorry and gave us a new room. When we walked in it looked clean on the surface. The microwave and mini fridge were not in good shape but we didn't plan on using them anyway. The beds were a little uncomfortable but the shower was very nice and relaxing. Ok if you plan to stay no longer then two nights. The breakfast was good. Just wish the breakfast room was a little bigger. We had to leave so others could come in so we finished our breakfast in the room. Overall it was just ok. Nothing special but very close to everything. I think it was a little too overpriced for what we got.

• Stayed May 2013
Santa Maria,Ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I give this hotel a two star rating due to the poor and inadequate service. When I arrived, parking in the front of the hotel was tight and I noticed the vehicle next to me was occupied. That was the last of the "premium" spaces. The owner/manager emerged and went inside at the same time I did. As I was checking in, he interupted the counter person a couple of times. Then, breakfast became a real joy. They ran out of some of the food items and when I reported it to the front desk I was told she would have to cook it so it may be awhile. I was there on a business appointment so had to settle for some toast so I could make my appointment. I guess I should have gone to McDonalds but why serve breakfast if that is the best you can do. The room and interior of the hotel was very clean but the pillows are too small to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manisha P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gilroy, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear guest, Thank you for your review. This provides insight on areas that need to be improved upon. I apologize for any inconviences you had.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stay here every time I am in the area. Great Quality Inn (most of them are just ok). This location is Quiet, clean, comfortable, lots of hot water, close to the exit off of Hwy 101. Nice breakfast area and fast Internet connection.

• Stayed February 2013
Manisha P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gilroy, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear guest, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind review.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here during our road trip to SFO. The staffs were very helpful. Standard room. Do not expect anything great. The breakfast is very mediocre though. They serve the breakfast in a tiny room. The quality of the food is not great as well. OK for a nights stay while on the road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We didn't intend on staying in Gilroy but Candlestick traffic forced us to alter our plans. We ate a late dinner at Chevys and decided to stay next door. The rate was decent and they had vacancies. We normally don't stay at this chain and didn't have much knowledge of them. The man at the counter, Dipak was a very nice man and very friendly. The room was clean and while it didn't have a lot of things we are used to...it was decent. The breakfast room was located in 2 modified rooms downstairs and was locked. They prop it open each morning...this was a but weird in my opinion. It kept closing and people had to be let in often. The food was on the lower end of free breakfast but not terrible. The coffee was great though. Gilroy isn't a great place and this was probably one of the only 2 options if you must stay over night. We chose it because it was where we were.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Gilroy? Share your experiences!