“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Gilroy
California
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

As others have noted this is a standard motel off of 101 and near the outlet malls. However, we stayed here during a family emergency and the service was outstanding. Dan and his staff really helped us out. He helped us change rooms in the middle of the day, searched our previous room for a missing toy, gave us directions and encouragement and in general was there for everything we needed. The rooms were clean and comfortable and even though it is close to the freeway we found the rooms quiet. The free wi-fi worked well which was important to us, but we give this location 5 starts for super service during a stressful time. The Chevy's next door is nice and the Ginger Cafe over on San Jacinto by the outlet malls is good for Chinese food.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stopped here to break up the drive to SF. Location is great as it is right off 101 and very close to the outlet stores for those interested in doing some shopping. It is a budget motel but very comfy and clean and overall a good value. Rooms are reasonably large. My complaints are: 1) in-room A/C unit way too noisy, 2) ceiling seems very thin. We could clearly hear our upstair neighbors walking around. Thank goodness they went to bed at 12 and all that "stomping" finally stopped. (They weren't really stomping, but it just sounded that way.) Breakfast was in a room on the ground floor. In addition to breads and cereals, also offered hot sausages, eggs and a self-serve waffle maker!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Austinmer
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

a very comfy place to stay.
the bed was very very comfy.
location great, right next door to a mexican restuarant/bar which is apparently the best in town. the factory outlet shopping close by in magnificent.
also had a grog shop across the road for a 6 pack and a bottle of wine.
great experience, when not expecting much

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I booked my room several month in advance and got a great rate. When I checked shortly before my trip the prices where up more than 50%. The motel grounds where well-kept and my room was good sized, comfortable and clean (see photos). The outlet mall is only a short drive away and there are sevaral restaurant options in the area (a Chevy's is right next door). I liked this motel, but I would only stay here again if I got a good rate again. Make sure you visit one of those garlic stores which Gilroy is famous for. I'm not that much a fan of garlic, but it was definitely worth a visit. If you have time I can also recommend driving to Monterey and Pacific Grove for a day. It is a nice drive and both towns are nice for a walk.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night, got in late around midnight after driving 7 or eight hours. Only room with king bed left ,was a handicap room. I took it. The bed was a bit hard for my taste and there were these strange square little pillows (4) that were extremely soft causing me to have to use at least two of them under my head so I didn't feel like my head was flat on the mattress! It was only a minor annoyance as I was so tired I fell asleep anyway eventually.
The carpet was in need of a shampooing as my sox attested to and the mini fridge/freezer had been turned down so low that the freezer was not even chilly and the fridge was lukewarm. It took quite awhile to get them to a working temperature! If I had bought some ice cream It wud have melted in the freezer section, seriously.
Now, all the above is really happen-stance but what was really upsetting (other than the dirty carpet) was that the bathroom had a smell of urine odor near the toilet! The base was relativly clean but obviously was in need of a good scrubbing with bleach as well as the floor around it...as it had clearly, due to the smell, jst been wiped down and not sanitized! There was a tub chair near the bath that also needed to be sanitized I am sure and the drain in the tub/shower was slow so I found myself standing in about 3 inches of water midway thru my shower which is a bit unsetteling!
I payed $83 plus tax for this and felt it was grossly overpriced for what I got. For about $50 more I stayed in a studio suite at the Residence Inn 8 miles up the road and had full breakfast, lite dinner meal, indoor pool and hot tub, tennis court, full kitchen minus oven and flatscreen tv with hbo... My advice is, if you are gonna pay close to $100 for this you might as well pay a bit more and actually get something nice AND clean! For one night it would have been ok i suppose IF it seemed to be actually clean but for more than one night I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2012
Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We liked the place - close to the big Outlet in Gilroy.
The pool area is medium size and was not heated however the hottub was.
Breakfast area is way to small - we had to wait a little bit to get a free table - but the actual breakfast was A okay.

We sure liked the free Popcorn :-)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed there on my way to SF; got a well-appointed room for $79, breakfast included. The room was perfectly clean, and an attendant regularly replenished the breakfast area. Nice reception area, they have a popcorn machine and a complimentary espresso/cappuccino machine for guests. The night attendant as well as the morning attendant was friendly and very helpful in terms of pointing me to all the right places in town. There is a popular Chevy's restaurant next to the hotel; I was told that the place is always busy; there are also 2 shopping outlets; one is about 5 minutes away from the hotel - next to the freeway; the other one is further south.

Room Tip: My car was parked right in front of my room, across from the reception and only a few feet away from...