“Just Okay” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Orlando, FL
“Just Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Breakfast was just average, nothing to write home about. Price was high. I cannot recommend the biscuit, it was huge and heavy.

Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Helsinki, Finland
“Nice hamburgers for healthy apetite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

The Burger and Sandwich we chose were big, but not enoumous. However deserts were BIG and could well have been shared.
A box came home for next day lunch...

Waiters were many, but they did a few slips in the service. Everything easily sorted out and I would go back.

Visited November 2013
Los Angeles, CA
“The Black Bear Diner seems to confirm its excellent reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I ate there this evening. I was tempted to order their chicken-fried steak, which gets rave reviews, but I had chicken-fried steak somewhere else last night so I opted for their fish and chips. As I'm fond of saying (in an approving manner), it was too much food. The fish was very flaky and the breading was light, just as good fish and chips should be, so even if the fish was frozen (which I imagine it was), they have a good supplier. The cole slaw was better than most I've had. Service was fast and friendly. I'd definitely go there again, and if I do, I'll be sure not to have chicken-fried steak the night before.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
LONDON
“short walk from the hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We make a bee line for the black bear when staying at the Forest inn. we do not have diners like this in the UK so is a great novelty.

Visited April 2013
Chino, California
“Wow--Huge Servings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had read reviews and didn't pay attention to comments about the size of the orders. They ARE large. We enjoyed our breakfast but could have shared one meal instead of the two we ordered. Good home style food, great service and prices. Many, many choices and everything looked good as we watched orders going to other diners. Liked the decor inside, the little ones would enjoy wandering over to see the gift selections. We'll be stopping here on any trips through Gilroy in the future.

• Visited October 2013