“A Tale of Two Afternoons” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 22 things to do in Geyserville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Francis puts it best, saying the winery is “a wine wonderland, a park of pleasure where people of all ages can enjoy all the best things in life – food, wine, music, dancing, games, swimming and performances of all types. A place to celebrate the love of life.”PLEASE NOTE: Due to our food preparation permits, we are unable to invite pets inside the winery gates (including our pool area), with the exception of service animals. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Olney, Maryland
26 attraction reviews
“A Tale of Two Afternoons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I'm torn writing about the Coppola experience because truth-be-told, my wife, daughter and I had a wonderful afternoon sitting at the swimming pool. At first the whole concept seemed a bit Disney-esque. But the swimming was beautiful; the little "cabines" we used for changing and showering were cute and accommodating; and having wine and treats delivered to us poolside on a warm, sunny northern California day was nice. But: it costs $125 for all this, not including, of course the food and drink. It does include, the web site promises, up to "4 wine-tasting flights," and that's underlined so you can press the link that takes you to an explanation of the flights: a "family" tasting of common Coppola wines, and a "neighbors" tasting of better quality (presumably) wines. We've had the regular Coppola wines, and they're just OK. We wanted to try the better quality flight but were informed emphatically we couldn't have it. It was only five dollars more than the one they wanted to give us. But we were told we had to pay for it completely. It really was Disney World.

Toronto, Canada
13 attraction reviews
“Amusement park with a wine bar”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

This winery is an amusement park in disguise. There are kids everywhere, a pool area, several eateries and a two story gift shop with more trinkets on display than wine. Don't go expecting a quiet, relaxing wine tasting experience--it's noisy, crowded and rushed. Wines are all available widely.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
22 attraction reviews
“Refreshing & Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stopped here on a brilliant sunny Thursday afternoon in August on a whim and wow what an absolutely fantastic place. The winery, grounds, and atmosphere were stunning. Everything was beautifully updated and tastefully decorated. It was relaxing and charming and such a breath of fresh air from some of the typical uptight snooty wineries. I love the family friendly fun environment. Most of the activities (pool, bocce ball) were available free of charge.

Personally I've never found a red wine that I was partial too. The bar area was not overly busy and the bartender we had was fantastic. Although he has only been with the company a few months, he really knew his stuff and Mr. Coppola should be proud to have him on staff. He was very knowledgable about the wineries history and the wines. He was also determined to help me find that elusive red wine that would appease my palate. Through patience and trial & error, I was introduced to the FC Reserve Pinot Noir and it was wonderful. Several glasses later and I am now a true fan. Thank you for a truly wonderful experience and we cannot wait to return!

Visited August 2013
Closter, New Jersey
“Lunch with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This winery has it all!!!!! My husband and I were searching for a place to have lunch on our last day in napa, someplace we could sit outside and be surrounded by the beautiful surroundings the area is famous for. Not as easy as it sounds. We had read about Francis For Coppolla Winery and Rustic Restaurant and decided to take the hour ride. Needless to say the ride, which was very scenic, was well worth it. This winery is magnificent with amazing attractions. We ate on the terrace at Rustic overlooking the spectacular vineyard and mountains. The food was amazing as well. The whole experience was perfect. We walked around the property after lunch and were amazed by the beautiful pool area, baci ball court, mini outdoor theater seating and the beautiful vineyard.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
51 attraction reviews
“Is this really a winery?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Think glamorous bikini-clad women and tight speedo-wearing men. This may not sound too bad but when you just want a simple afternoon tasting wines and learning about grapes, it's a bit of a distraction. I have to admit that it does feel like a fun place, a holiday resort in the middle of the Napa Valley. The museum is awesome with lots of cool film memorabilia and the wine is surprisingly nice. However, in terms of how good I felt the winery was overall, I would say average. The tour was a big let down and not good value for money. There are much better places to visit in Napa Valley if it's a winery you're after.