“Ice Cream Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Los Angeles, California
“Ice Cream Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

There are plenty of flavors to chose from and you can sample it. It is the creamiest ice cream I have ever had. Gelato from Italy has nothing on this place!

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Eugene Oregon
“Best place in America for their italian ice/cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I want to own one of these! I am bummed I didn't try it until the last day of my visit. It would have been my daily spot! how can I get one of these in Eugene Oregon?

Visited August 2013
Anaheim, California
“Long Line but Goes By Fast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

There's always a long line here, but it goes by pretty fast (the line as your drive on Harbor Blvd is what drew our curiosity to this place). I had no clue what to order here, so I just had a Rocky Road Ice cream on a cone. I tried my brother's Joe Latti, and it was pretty good. Apparently, it tastes the best with the vanilla whipped and some other flavor, so maybe I'll try that next time. Very good stuff. It was different. Special, almost. And to think it came here all the way from Philly!

I think they only hire high schoolers or college kids because they're all very nice and none of them seem embittered by life. Just let them know it's your first time if it is. Otherwise you'll be sitting there in line clueless as to what to get or do. There's a few seats outside and very little parking (there is a neighborhood close by that you can probably park at real quick). Reasonably priced and tasty treats. Plus free samples! And they take credit cards. Score!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Jose, California
“Don't miss !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have stayed at the Hyatt down the street for the last 4 years and I am sad to say have never tried Joe's until this last trip. We tried the brownie sundae which is loaded with brownie bits, hot fudge and a soft serve ice cream to die for. For my taste I would have liked less brownie and more hot fudge sauce. Sundae big enough for 2 -3 people to split. Service is quick and staff is very friendly. So many choices, so little time.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brea, California
“Love Joe's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

There's nothing better to ending a day on a high note than hitting up Joe's at the end of the day, or in the middle of the day either. Finding Italian ice is really hard and finding a Mom+Pop shop that has it is even harder. Flat out, they're right outside of the Anaheim Resort and are staffed with some of the most awesome and friendly folks you would want to encounter. The quality of the ice is just out of this world and Mike, the owner, I swear, he could do now wrong with the location and amenities. Parking kind of isnt the best, but the associates keep the lines flowing and I have never been there when it's completely dead. I think I might order them for my next office meeting.

• Visited February 2013