“Get Dirty ... In A Good Way” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 386 Restaurants in Garden Grove
Singapore, Singapore
“Get Dirty ... In A Good Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Ate here with 2 friends on the last day of our USA trip in early May. I must say that this place is beyond our expectations! They will call for your name when they are ready to show you to your table. This definitely beats waiting for a queue number, like in many Chinese restaurants here back home.

Something unique was that their table setting is a huge piece of craft paper (don't know how to describe it ... but yeah, some sort of paper thingy)! What a novel idea because all they have to do is wrap it up & throw away when they need to clear up. You can also use the ketchup bottle and "write" on the paper too :D

But on to the 2 most important things:

1) FOOD. It was fresh, good and reasonably priced! Just $9 for 6 oysters! We had Cajun Fries, 6 Oysters and a Dungeoness Crab ... all in all, after tax & 15% tipping ... we only paid $45 for 3 persons. What I like about the bill was that they actually state 10% gratuity is $XYZ, as well as for 15 & 20%! :) And oh, they serve water in a plastic cup + straw ... so that when you get your hands all dirty while de-shelling prawns or happily om-nom-nom-ing away on the crabs, all you need to do is sip through the straw.

2) SERVICE. Within 15 seconds, 3 waiters/waitresses came to our table to ask if we have been served/order has been taken. This is too good a service! Our cajun fries & oysters came in less than 15 minutes. And while we were happily decorating our table setting with words and smiley faces using the ketchup bottles, the Dungeoness Crab came within another 10 minutes or so.

And who can leave the restaurant without forgetting how they put a bib on you in the first place!!

I definitely recommend any seafood lovers to this place which has fast, efficient and friendly staff. :)

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Long Beach, California
“Put the bib on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Went here with a few friends and we had a good time. Missing NOLA, I had crawfish with cajun seasoning. Can you say "hot"?!?! But I loved it, runny nose and all! I added some kielbasa sausage, potatoes, and corn. Just what I needed. But beware... put the bib on!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shanghai, China
“Finger Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Oh boy, I absolutely love this place. The style of eating is so festive. The food comes out in bags mixed with the watery seasoning. The seafood is always very fresh, and if you want the blue crab you must go for lunch because they are always sold out by dinner time. The place is small, we had to wait about 70 minutes one time, but well worth it. I always make it a point to stop in every time I’m SoCal. The servers are friendly and attentive. The cost isn’t cheap but I feel that the quality is worth the cost. Try the “Whole shebang” seasoning, it’s garlicy and got a little kick to it. Also the Cajun fries are delicious, we always get the medium and it’s got a nice little kick to it, tired the hottest one once and afterwards was about to call 911, since I was afraid I would spontaneously combust. I think the shrimp is a good bang for your buck, and after you peel it dip it back in the sauce before eating – delicious! I can’t gloat enough about this place, try it for yourself.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grand Terrace, California
“Excellent eats... sea food differently!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Sunday night, decided to go to Boiling Crabs in Roland Heights in California. We saw a long waiting line, we were told twenty minutes wait. And before you know it, they were calling you to be seated. While we were waiting we were deciding what to get, so when we sat down we got our orders together. The wait for the food was even shorter. You will enjoy succulent seafood, not under done nor over done. Boiling Crabs knows seafood. A pound of clams, 2 pounds of shrimps, three orders of crab legs, two cups of gumbo, fried oyster and for the young ones in the group ordered lemon pepper wings and chicken strips on BBQ sauce. Overall "excellent eats". Before I forgot, the servers called "CREW" are very courteous and attentive. Did I say table cloth, plates, fork & spoon are NOT REQUIRED. sweeeeet!!!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Davis, California
“DELICIOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

This place is amazing, try the pound of shrimp with corn on the cob inside (and/or sausage if you want) SHABANG style, which means a variety of the flavors for sauce. Also, you can pick the level of spicey-ness and get a side order of rice, or unique french fries (even sweet potato fries). It is a very unique and fun-filled, happening place. Bring a sharpie to sign your name on the wall, and be prepared for a messy, yummy meal.

• Visited July 2011