We were a big group and rented 3 rooms for 3 nights. The first night we arrived to a hot and stuffy lobby because the air conditioning went out. This was during the heat wave when the average temperature was over 100°F. Good thing it was limited to the lobby and it was fixed by morning.
The young man and young woman working the front desk were pleasant but extremely inept. Took them forever to give us the rooms facing north so we could the fireworks from Disneyland (We couldn't see anything anyway). They only could find 2 rooms facing north which was okay by us. It was only after we got to the rooms, some of us unpacked and took shower, that we realized they got the direction reversed. After much complaints they finally upgraded one of our rooms to a suite so we could all face north. We all ended up on the same floor with adjoining rooms (one is the suite) which we discovered to our surprise and delight. Apparently they didn't even realized that they gave us adjoining rooms. It was nice to have a suite where we all gathered. The rooms are of decent size and clean. My toilet didn't work very well though. I had to lift the top off and touched the lever inside the container to get the water to fill up again every single time.
That night I tried the free wireless internet. I had to call to get the security code and the young woman told me that I could only access the internet in the lobby. She told me to bring my laptop down. Well, apparently she had no idea what she was talking about, but I went to see her anyway. Well, the young man was there, gave me the code and verified that it could be accessed anywhere in the hotel. I did have a little trouble getting to the security code screen because I was too impatient to wait for it to show up. They couldn't help me and gave me the technical support phone number. I went back to my room and this time waited long enough for the security code screen to kick in, then entered the code. Code expired! Called them and was put on hold forever so I hung up and called again. They told me they would call me back in half an hour to give me the new code. They never did and I went to bed. I finally got it the next day from another young man working the front desk.
Housekeeping was inadequate. The first day, I came back in the afternoon to find the room half way cleaned. The dirty towels were gone, but not replaced. The same goes with the pillow cases. I waited to see if they ever came back to finish the job. They never did and I had to call down the lobby to get it done. The other two rooms didn't have any problem though. During my stay, I encountered an incidence in the lobby where a guest was practically yelling at a housekeeping staff for not cleaning her room at all. I kind of felt sorry for the staff. I think they must have been short-handed.
Breakfast was good enough with 2 hot items along with other typical continental breakfast items like juices, pastries, bagels, etc. Having coffee (and tea also, I believe) ready 24-hr a day was nice. The kids also enjoyed the pools and the jacuzzi. Parking spaces were rather limited but not impossible. You can also use the computers in the lobby to access the internet for free.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay. The facility was nice and clean. It's the staff that needs to be put through extensive training again.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Los Angeles / Anaheim / Garden Grove Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Los Angeles / Anaheim / Garden Grove Hotel Garden Grove
- Hampton Inn Garden Grove
- Garden Grove Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn And Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove Orange County, CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel in Garden Grove, CA is located 1 mile from Disneyland(R) Resort. The Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Anaheim-Garden Grove is one of the Disney Good Neighbor hotels. Enjoy complimentary hot breakfast daily and in-room internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.