You added Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove to your Saves list
Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
Anahiem, United States
“Dirty and Nasty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Tub wouldn't drain. Room stunk because of garbage disposal. TV picture didn't come in. AC sounded like a jet about ready to take off. Fitness City was a treadmill in a room - they were doing construction. Do yourself a favor and stay next door at the Embassy suite or find a Marriot property.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I apologize that our location failed to meet your expectations. Please contact me at the property directly as I would like to discuss your stay further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Maple Valley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

While the lobby is in the middle of a reno, we still had a good breakfast. The rooms are still a little worn (as are most of the hotel chains in the same are) but VERY GOOD value for the money. The room sound proofing is excellent and their beds are very good as well. We did not hear a peep from any other room, which ofter happens in the newer Hamtpon Inns.Staff was excellent and very helpful. Would stay there again. The little kiddie pool was also perfect for our youngest grandchild. Wish we would have gotten a king suite as that sleeps 6 with a roll-away bed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your very kind review. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Ottawa, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our family of 5 (2 adults and 3 teens) chose to stay here while we visited Disneyland and California Adventure for 3 nights.

The great things about this hotel...
-the staff were helpful and always willing to assist in any way they could
-we could see the fireworks from Disneyland from our balcony
-easy access to Disneyland
-easy access to eating locations
-our room was large and clean
-the beds were very comfortable
-there was free wireless internet in the room

My first opinion of this hotel was disappointing at first. We arrived at 9 pm and walked into the lobby of the hotel to find it all under construction. The flooring was all dug up, there was construction equipment and it was dusty. I was about to turn around and walk out, but I thought I would check out the rooms first.

I arrived at the front desk, which was a few pieces of wood that created a counter to hold the computer, where I was met by a pleasant man who checked us in and told us about Disneyland park information.

Our room was good. It was clean, spacious and suited our purpose. There were 2 queen sized beds and a fold out couch. The room was laid out nicely. We had 2 rooms, a bedroom with 2 beds and a living room area that had the fold out couch and a small kitchen. There was a full sized fridge, and a 2 burner cooktop counter with a sink. We had not expected the kitchenette but were happy to have use of it.

What upset me most about our room was the fact that Hampton inns seem to have stopped providing safes in the rooms. This concerned me as the kids had laptops, IPads, and we had passports and cash that we did not want to leave unattended in the room. I approached the front desk and asked to use the safety deposit box. The guest information booklet in the room suggested that we could store valuables at the desk in the safety deposit boxes. When I took my items down stairs I was informed by a nice man that there were no safety deposit boxes due to the renovations. I was very unsatisfied by this and asked where I should store my valuables. The desk clerk offered to keep the items at the desk, but this was not a satisfactory idea to me. Or I could leave my valuables in the locked room where they stored everyone's luggage for early or late arrivals/departures. This too was not a great idea for my needs. I was upset by this and also upset by the renovations noise and mess, that I hesitated and pondered checking out and finding a new hotel. The desk clerk was very quick to remind me of the Hampton Inn satisfactory guarantee and gave me my last night at the hotel free. So we ended up taking a gamble and leaving our valuables in our car trunk hoping for the best. We were lucky, I guess. I would not normally take such a chance but we had no other options.

Parking was $12 per day. This baffles me, as the parking lot was huge and shared with the Embassy Suites Hotel and a local Italian restaurant. Why do you have to pay for parking in a large lot like that. It bothers me to think that Hilton is nickel and diming everyone, this makes me want to stay with another chain instead who cares about their guests.

The breakfast was fair. The hot selection was scrambled eggs only and this was disappointing as we had just left the Burbank Hampton inn where there was an amazing breakfast. The breakfast area was way to small for the number of guests trying to fix their meal. The selection of other items such as cereal and muffins and fruit was good. There was even 4 waffle makers that were constantly in use!

There was a shuttle to the parks, but the cost of 5 people to ride it was way more expensive than parking out own car at the parks for 2 days. So we opted to drive and then we could get home when we wanted to and not have to line up to wait for a bus.

Again due to the construction the little shop at the desk contained only a few select items. There was a freezer with frozen lunches and a few items that one might need if they forgot to pack them. The selection was sparse compared to the Hampton in Burbank which we had just left.

The pool was small but acceptable. We did not use it during the day, but the kids were glad to fall into it after a day at the parks! By the end of the day the towels were hard to find and I had to get some from the front desk.

Would I return to this hotel? Probably not. I think that for $180 per night was too expensive for what we got, but in the Disneyland area they can charge you what ever they want I guess.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your patience through our renovation. Several of the amenities you spoke of were temporarily unavailable during the renovation while we are enhancing our offerings. I do hope that you will visit us again when visiting the Anaheim area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I wish I would have been told, at the time I booked my room, that the hotel lobby, dining area, and parking lot were scheduled to be renovated during my stay. I would have elected to stay at a different hotel. When I asked about changing to a different location it was made clear by the hotel staff that it would be up to me to make those arrangements. I did not want to take that much additional time away from my family vacation to sit down and spend ½ a day trying to find a room in a different hotel at the last minute.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We apologize that you were unaware of scheduled improvements. We do hope that you will return to see the finished product.
Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

During our visit over July 4th weekend the hotel lobby was being remodeled. It was a bit chaotic for entry and exit points. The limited front desk staff most times was annoying. The room was clean and location was perfect for our visit to the Disney Theme parks. I myself did not have the breakfast, but my son was fine with it.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your patience during our renovation. We hope that you will visit us again to see all of the enhancements to the property.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Room was good and spacious. Buffet was not impressive, staff not friendly or helpful, if I wasn't at Disney all day and only used this place to sleep, I would not stay again. The hotel staff were not rude, but they did not go out of there way to inform or make you feel welcome. No one told us about disney shuttle, no one told us hotel was under renovations, you were walking through a mess all the time, and eating with noise of construction all morning.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer us the insightful feedback about your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with us. It is my desire for our staff to exceed your expectations not just meet or under deliver. I would like to speak with you furthur about your experience. Please contact me directly at the hotel. I look forward to speaking with you.
Salmon Arm, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Overall good value. Hotel was experiencing renovations to lobby while we were there, but was not a bother. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Rooms were roomy and adequate and the convenience of a hot breakfast was nice. Not a high end stay, but definitely an excellent economical choice for a family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your very kind review. I am extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future to see our completed project.

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove? Share your experiences!