“So glad we stayed here instead of Disneyland Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove

You added Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove to your Saves list
Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11747 Harbor Blvd., Garden Grove, CA 92840   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Austin, Texas, United States
“So glad we stayed here instead of Disneyland Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here specifically to take our girls to Disneyland for their 1st time and it turned out perfect! I'd wanted to stay at the Disneyland hotel, but husband put his foot down regarding the price tag on that and I am so glad he did because this was exactly what we needed so we could spend money on lots of other extras on the trip.
We didn't rent a car, but used a car service from LBA to Hampton and then used the hotel shuttle to/from Disneyland. The shuttle was a great, inexpensive investment and we had no problems. It was on time & super convenient. We did 3 full days (park open to close) of Disneyland & California Adventure, so we basically just slept, showered, and ate breakfast here. The beds were comfy and everyone slept well. A free breakfast for a family of 4 is hard to pass up, so that was one of the big reasons we chose to stay here too and the breakfast didn't disappoint--it was all clean and there were many choices. Everyone headed to the park stuffed and ready for each day. Also, there are many restaurants in walking distance around this hotel to go eat at or grab takeout--which we did late at night sometimes when the cherubs were wiped out.
We had no issues with our stay and always find Hampton Inns to serve our family trips well.
When we come back we will definitely stay here again! Too great all the way around not to.
Also, a shout out to Hugo at the front desk--- he was friendly, helpful, and always accommodating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful to have hotel team members that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. We aim to provide the best service possible and I am glad you felt that we provided it. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Anaheim\ Garden Grove area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Draper, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Excellent for the price. The Hampton Inn's beds are always comfortable- the best beds I have ever stayed in for a hotel. I like staying at this hotel near Disneyland. It includes a hot breakfast which has a large selection. We booked a one bedroom king suite and were able to see the Disneyland Fireworks from our balcony on the nights that we came back early to swim. Their pool was outside and for November/December the weather was too cold for me, but my husband and kids loved it. The hot tub would have been nice if I wasn't pregnant. We had a car but it was cheaper for us to take their shuttle. The shuttle was always on time and reliable. The hotel is close enough for us even with a 2 yr old. It is also a lot less expensive than the Disneyland hotels. We will for sure stay here next time we come. The price for the king suite was the same as the Embassy suites hotel which was right next door. The Embassy suites has two rooms as well, but not a kitchen. The last Embassy Suites we stayed in was a little run down, although I think their breakfast is better than the Hamptons. We choose the Hampton because we got an actual door, instead of a slide door and a larger room with a kitchen. The kitchen was nice being pregnant and we were able to go to Target and buy lunches to take into Disneyland, or snacks which we stored in the fridge and we used the kitchen more than we thought we would.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful to have hotel team members that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Anaheim\ Garden Grove area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.
Abilene, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Just spent the weekend at Disneyland with my kids and in laws. We booked a suite (room 714) and my in laws booked a regular room (712). Staff was exceptional. Breakfast was great! Bus shuttle is reliable and on time to transport to and from Disneyland. We checked out Monday and my Hilton Honors points posted the same day! Efficiant!

Room Tip: Our room looked over the pool, get the other side of the hotel so you can see the Disneyland firewor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We look forward to your return visit with us and wish you a relaxing Friday.
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I spend over 150 nights a year in Hilton properties every year, and had my expectations for this hotel exceeded from the minute I walked into the lobby. I was here for pleasure with my large and extended family and the hotel staff was very accommodating and friendly in every aspect of my interactions with them. Rooms are clean, modern and well equipped.

Great job to all involved there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
We look forward to your return visit with us and wish you a relaxing Wednesday.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This Disneyland proximity hotel offers friendly, helpful staff who go out of their way to help at all times. Rooms are spacious, clean, & comfortable with views of the fireworks at Disneyland. Lots of room service delivery options, eateries in walking distance, hot food continental breakfast, a beautiful pool & jacuzzi, fitness center, & good wheelchair accessibility. We stayed right before the Rose Parade, meaning the hotel was full, still, it never felt crowded or noisy, & there were plenty of staff to keep everything running smoothly, providing exceptional customer service.

• Stayed December 2012
Thomas L, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
We look forward to your return visit with us and wish you a relaxing rest of the week. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.
Simi Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We arrived for a one night stay and were told that we were the "Guest of the Day" and that they had placed some goodies in our room and our parking was free. I asked if that included a free upgrade and Hugo said normally it would but there was no upgrades available. Nice touch though.
Room was very clean and that's a biggie for me and my family.
Positives: Clean, great customer service.
Negatives: Really poor mattress, very soft and overused. Needs replacing badly. Very tiny room, breakfast was horrible...had things that were suppose to be omelettes but were cold, rubbery, cheesy gross things? Sausage was totally not cooked? Couldn't eat any of it.
Glad I wasn't charged for parking because there was hardly any available and this was a Thursday night?
Really surprised that this was a Hampton Inn?

Room Tip: Have no advice because I never saw a "Good Room"?
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to relay your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hampton Inn & Suites, we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel. We appreciate the feedback and we will use it to refine our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we will meet and exceed your expectations.
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel gets high marks for good service. I first stayed in a room with a sitting room. The room is set up in a way that made me claustrophobic. The sitting room was an alcove with a day bed, tv, small dresser and a bean bag chair. Good for keeping kids in the same room with you while still allowing privacy. The overall effect of the room was a long narrow hallway to get to the main bed. As is typical with hotel rooms, there are often not enough lights.

This first night, I stayed on the pool side on the third floor. Beware of lower floors in a theme park neighborhood as people returning on buses at late hours never seem to remember everyone else inside is asleep. I woke up and was awake for half an hour or so before everyone was inside and quiet. I feel shuttle and bus drivers almost need to remind people getting off the vehicle to be considerate of those inside. Or the hotel should station a staff member to remind people.

I switched to a two queen bed Disneyland view room for the second night. I was on the seventh floor which is the top floor. I had a corner room which meant I was away from the elevators. My view of the fireworks was fabulous. I could see 99% of them.

The beds were comfortable, ample pillows, warm blankets, soft sheets. Both rooms I stayed in were clean with ample towels. The windows in these room open which I like as fresh air can be welcome.

There is on site self-service laundry with ample machines. The small gift shop offered a small selection of snacks and a few souvenirs. Breakfast was good although the egg mixture was a combination of things, not just eggs. Fruit, yogurt, cereal, small muffins, toast, make them yourself waffles and juices rounded out the meal. A decent variety of food, and considering they pull it together without a kitchen, I was impressed. They need to offer plain eggs however. There are too many people with allergies now.

Downside to this hotel is that there is no restaurant on site and no room service. I had to leave the hotel to find dinner. Thankfully, there are several places to eat nearby all within walking or driving distance.

• Stayed December 2012
Thomas L, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful to have hotel team members that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. I do hate to hear about your experience with the hot tub. While we could not offer all the amenities that you would have liked, I am pleased that you found value in this property. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Anaheim\ Garden Grove area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove? Share your experiences!