Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove to your Saves list
Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove
Ranked #3 of 17 hotels in Garden Grove
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Wonderful Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

We stayed at this Hampton Inn in March during our visit to Disneyland and surrounding area. It was a wonderful stay. We had a specific request which they were able to accomodate.

The rooms were comfortable, clean, good size, well insulated (very quiet), helpful staff, generous breakfast, cookies for a snack, and great location. Nice pool, kiddie pool and hot tub. Lovely terrace for breakfast or to relax. While this is not a newly renovated property, the bedding is new, beds comfy and furnishings were just fine.

The shuttle for Disneyland is just next door at the Embassy Suites and tickets can be purchased at the hotel. They also had a nice gift shop with water and other items that was handy.

I would certainly recommend this property to anyone staying in the Anaheim/Garden Grove area.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

515 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2008

Forgot to write this review. This is one fabulous Hampton. Very clean, accommodating. Great rooms, staff...The "Hilton" complex they are in with the Garden Inn and Embassy is very nice. Several types of rooms are available. This is the PERFECT place for families to stay when going to Disney. There are fun rooms themed for children with bunks and play tables. Prices are great too...

• Liked — Almost everything
  • Disliked — the parking spaces are very small
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
Queen Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

We stayed here primarily for its proximity to Disneyland. You could walk there but we didn't as it's a tad too far with two little ones who'd already be walking all day. It far exceeded our expectations and the hotel staff were super friendly. My only complaint was that the pool was freezing, but my kids didn't seem to mind!

Breakfast was excellent and had plenty of choices. The room was extremely clean and included fridge and microwave at no extra charge which was critical for us for drinks and late night snacks. Our bath was blocked and they came and fixed it within minutes. We stayed on a higher floor, and there was never any shortage of elevators. The ac/heat unit worked well.

We'd definitely stay here again - best price was through getawaytoday.com, but their own website was comparable.

• Liked — Proximity to Disneyland and other amenities
  • Disliked — Cold pool, lack of parking spots.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2007

Our family has just returned from a 10 day stay at the Hampton Inn, Our Vacation was wonderful, but the Hotel needs a reality check. We stayed at the Hampton two years ago, and it had been really nice, so we choose to stay again, I really wish we hadnt. The kitchen in the Suite, had torn lino, the bathroom is in need of tile and grout repair, the Suite looked very tired. The pool was not operational during our stay. we had been informed prior to arrival it would be, we have four children, so it would have been nice to wind down. The hotel informed us we could cross the parking lot and swim at the Hilton Garden Inn.
The sofa sleeper was broken, we had maitenance come twice, promising a new one to be moved in, it never happend, although, a cot was delivered, which left us with a cramped living space. We made many attempts to have the sleeping issue resolved, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears, and a unorganized staff. We paid $ 200.00+ per night, and really felt let down. On the positive side, our room was clean, and the evening staff was very nice, and tried to be helpful. I was never able to speak with a manager, I dont know if one actually existed. I feel it is a very competitive market here for hotels, and the Hampton Inn needs to put the customer first. All in all, very disappointed, and will not stay here again.

• Liked — Clean Rooms
  • Disliked — Poor Service
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Salt Lake City, UT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2007

We stayed at the Garden Grove Hampton the last night of our southern California vacation. I was a little disapointed because it was my least favorite of the hotels we stayed in and I wanted to save the best for last. It was a clean, nice room and the staff was very friendly. I was a little disappointed in the decor. It seemed a little 80s to me, but it was okay. The breakfast was nice and the room has a fridge/microwave. The King bed was comfortable too.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Older decor
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2007

We stayed at the Hampton for two nights in October for a Disneyland trip. Our party consisted of my wife, our 1.75 year old son, and myself. I booked the room through the Hilton Honors website which included an AAA discount.

Location:
The Hampton is about four blocks south of Disneyland. Not within walking distance. Right next-door are the Embassy Suites and Hilton Garden, and there are many places to eat and shop in the surrounding area. There is a Target and Vons grocery store right down the street. There was plenty of free parking

Check In/Lobby:
Check in was a snap; the front desk was super friendly. The lobby area was really clean, complete with a business center and free coffee 24 hours a day. Nothing to complain about.

The Room:
Our room had two queen beds and was pretty spacious. It included things like a coffee maker, fridge, microwave, hairdryer, iron, and wireless internet (extremely easy to set up by the way). The room was spotless and fresh, housekeeping did a great job...there's really nothing I can complain about. We loved our room.

Breakfast:
Hampton advertises a 'hot breakfast'. It was mostly continental (fruit, toast, pastries), and the hot part was egg and sausage patties to make a breakfast sandwich. It was still a good breakfast for being free. Just don't expect the full spread at your 'hot breakfast'.

Overall:
We'd stay at the Hampton again anytime and would recommend it to anyone going to Disneyland or any other local attraction.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado Springs, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2007

My occupation has me traveling every week. Therefore, I stay in a different hotel every week; always in a smoking room.

Overall, this is an 'okay' place; not the worst room I've ever had, but certainly not the best either. I was there for 5 nights and had to request a blanket 4 times...finally received one the last night. Additionally, the TV didn't work the first night (they fixed it for the second night), no ice bucket, and it seems my desk was missing. Whether true or not, I got the feeling this was the room they took stuff out of when another room needed a replacement item.

I stay nearly exclusively at Hilton properties (Diamond VIP Status) and the cleanliness of this room was lacking; dirty shower curtain, un-vacuumed areas of the room, windows you could barely see out of due to all the grime on their exterior, and stained towels.

The staff was also lacking...acted as if they didn't care if I was there or not.

I was supposed to stay here next week as well. However, I canceled my reservation and booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove (right next door - for ten dollars more per night)...I'll review it as well.

• Stayed November 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove? Share your experiences!