July 10, 2007 for seven nights
1. Nice, clean, well appointed suite. Living area/kitchen. Bedroom with 2 comfortable queen beds and bathroom. Smaller bedroom with set of bunkbeds and bathroom. Suited my family of two parents and four children very well.
2. Great breakfast! Eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, bisquits or french toast, cold cereal, oatmeal, muffins, pastries, fresh fruit, juice, milk, coffee, soft drinks.
3. Dinner from 5 to 7 Monday through Thursday evenings. We took advantage of two of these Manager's Receptions... were gone the other nights it was available. Macaroni and cheese with salad one night, hamburgers/hotdogs cooked/served by the pool with chips the other. Both were great!
4. Laundry on first floor. Busy late at night and early morning, but overall very good.
1. Two elevators serve entire hotel. Only a problem during breakfast hours.
2. Parking. Spaces are very narrow and there are not enough to serve the hotel. If you come in from Disney, etc. late at night expect to park at the nearby Hyatt and hike back to the Residence Inn. Not fun after a looooong, tiring day at Disney. One night the Hyatt's lot was even full. Had to go in and ask for a security guard to open a special lot for us. Took over one hour just to park our car and walk to our room. This is a common problem as two other guests were driving around the Residence Inn parking lot and then the Hyatt along with us. Residence Inn even has a stack of parking coupons for the Hyatt so that guests at least aren't charged $15 to park there for the night.
3. ART transit. After parking at Disney our first morning we decided to go and rest for the afternoon and return to Disney that evening. Left our rental van at Disney and took the ART bus. We waited 45 minutes for the "J" bus at Disney and then almost didn't make it on because so many others were also waiting to ride. Finally arrived back at hotel. Waited about 30 minutes for ART to arrive back at hotel, but at least we were able to grab a seat that time. Drove our rental to and from Disney from then on. Disney trams are very prompt! Never waited over 5 minutes for one. Will use rental and trams from now on.
Overall a very nice hotel. Parking is ridiculous! Would stay here if I knew for certain I would be back at the hotel by 8 or 9 each night to get a parking space. Otherwise would find a hotel with adequate parking for every guest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our extended stay Anaheim Resort Area suites are so well equipped and fully furnished, you’ll never have to set up house twice. Tastefully decorated, our guest suites are as comfortable as they are clean. With all the amenities to make your stay enjoyable and convenient they are the perfect home away from home. We offer a mix of 200 suites that fit your every need. Our suites feature a king or two queen beds and queen-sized sofa sleeper with a large living area and full kitchen. Two-bedroom kid's suites feature a bunk bed in a separate second bedroom. A queen sofa sleeper is available in the living area adjacent to the kitchen. All suites offer complimentary high-speed Internet and fully equipped kitchens. In our Anaheim Resort Area Suites we Offer:• Coffee and Tea Makers• Complimentary High-Speed Internet Access• Dual Line Phones with Voice Mail and Wake-up Service• Full Kitchens with Stove, Microwave, Toaster, Refrigerator and more• Hairdryer• Individual Climate Control• Iron and Ironing Board• Kids Suites Available w/ Bunkbeds• Pillow Choice (Feather Down/Foam)• Pool Views from 50% of the Rooms• Sofa Beds• Silverware, Pots, Pans, Serving Dishes, etc.• Work Stations with Lamp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area Hotel Garden Grove
- Residence Inn Garden Grove
- Garden Grove Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area Garden Grove, Orange County, CA