“Nice hotel, awful parking problems!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
Texas
“Nice hotel, awful parking problems!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2007

Dates visited:
July 10, 2007 for seven nights

Pros:
1. Nice, clean, well appointed suite. Living area/kitchen. Bedroom with 2 comfortable queen beds and bathroom. Smaller bedroom with set of bunkbeds and bathroom. Suited my family of two parents and four children very well.
2. Great breakfast! Eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, bisquits or french toast, cold cereal, oatmeal, muffins, pastries, fresh fruit, juice, milk, coffee, soft drinks.
3. Dinner from 5 to 7 Monday through Thursday evenings. We took advantage of two of these Manager's Receptions... were gone the other nights it was available. Macaroni and cheese with salad one night, hamburgers/hotdogs cooked/served by the pool with chips the other. Both were great!
4. Laundry on first floor. Busy late at night and early morning, but overall very good.

Cons:
1. Two elevators serve entire hotel. Only a problem during breakfast hours.
2. Parking. Spaces are very narrow and there are not enough to serve the hotel. If you come in from Disney, etc. late at night expect to park at the nearby Hyatt and hike back to the Residence Inn. Not fun after a looooong, tiring day at Disney. One night the Hyatt's lot was even full. Had to go in and ask for a security guard to open a special lot for us. Took over one hour just to park our car and walk to our room. This is a common problem as two other guests were driving around the Residence Inn parking lot and then the Hyatt along with us. Residence Inn even has a stack of parking coupons for the Hyatt so that guests at least aren't charged $15 to park there for the night.
3. ART transit. After parking at Disney our first morning we decided to go and rest for the afternoon and return to Disney that evening. Left our rental van at Disney and took the ART bus. We waited 45 minutes for the "J" bus at Disney and then almost didn't make it on because so many others were also waiting to ride. Finally arrived back at hotel. Waited about 30 minutes for ART to arrive back at hotel, but at least we were able to grab a seat that time. Drove our rental to and from Disney from then on. Disney trams are very prompt! Never waited over 5 minutes for one. Will use rental and trams from now on.

Overall a very nice hotel. Parking is ridiculous! Would stay here if I knew for certain I would be back at the hotel by 8 or 9 each night to get a parking space. Otherwise would find a hotel with adequate parking for every guest.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2007

I followed the advice on this website and booked a 3 night stay in one of the suites and DID NOT regret it. This hotel had it all! The kids had their own room with bunk beds and their own restroom. My husband and I had such privacy. We had a kitchen with a stovetop, oven and dishwasher. The room was very clean.
The hotel offers so much: a pool/kiddie pool/spa, there's a gameroom, laundry-room, business center with internet/fax/copy/print and they provide breakfast every single morning! The breakfast was a smorgasbord of sausage, eggs, biscuits, pancakes, cut fruit, cereals, juices, bagels, french toast, pastries, muffins and a waffle bar. My two sons loved it!

Stay here - you won't regret it :)

The only negative thing I can say is that it's a long walk to Disneyland, BUT the shutlle pulls up in front of the hotel every 20 minutes and the cost of the shuttle was way less than the $12 parking in Disneyland.

Ask me anything! for example I liked the restaurants in the New Orleans part of Disneyland, the best. And do not miss 'Space Mountain' =]

• Liked — The Breakfast was Fabulous
  • Disliked — 10 blocks from Disneyland but hotel offers a shuttle =]
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2007

My family stayed here for a few days to visit the parks. I chose this hotel because it was rated number 1 and it is number 1!
When i checked in i upgraded to a 2 bedroom with bunk beds for 40 dollars more a night and it was so worth it. My 3 kids each had their own bed. There was a bunk bed, 2 queen beds, and sofa bed and 2 bathrooms. The shuttle picks you up from the parking lot to the disney parks or the block at orange, which is a must for the shpper in your family. Its a wonderful outdoor mall. I did not have to move my car the whole time we were there. Target is across the street , which is so nice. Starbucks next door and quite a few other restaurants as well. The beds here are great. ! There is a fitness room, kid pool, spa, and family pool. This is by far the best, cleanest hotels we have ever stayed in. This will be our new home each time we visit the area. Book a room here and know that is a great decision.

• Liked — location and cleanliness
  • Disliked — the internet in business center costs, if you bring your pc there is free wireless from the rooms
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2007

My family ,and my extended family, travel frequently to Disneyland. Combined, we have stayed , and compared, many accomodations. In October 2006, we travelled from Calgary Canada with my family as well as my parents and my sister.
My husband and I have 4 daughters (18 15 13 8) which has made accomodations a challenge in past vacations. Like many of you may be doing, I decided to get online and start searching for the best fit for us. This hotel was everything we needed and everything they say they are!
First , our suite was wonderful! We went with a 2 bedroom suite with 2 queens in one room with a bathroom and a king bed with a bathroom in the other. There was still a spacious sitting area , and of course kitchen area. My parents and my sister went with a 1 bedroom suite, which for them was plenty of space. The living and eating area is just as large in the one bedroom suite
as the 2 bedroom. We originally booked a 1 bedroom as the sofa pulls out, but the upgrade wasn't much, and so worth it all for our size family!
Second, You will not find a better deal than the hot buffet breakfast. Right until 9:00 am they kept food fresh if people were eating. I was impressed with the choices of fruit, yoghurt, cereals, (hot and cold) juice ,teas. Of course bagels, muffins and pastries, but this is not a continenal breakfast. There were eggs and pancakes, potatoes, waffles you can make yourself. We found it convenient, a real savings and for the most part...tasty!!
We had no intention of cooking on vacation, but we did want the kitchen to keep snacks and some lunch type foods to avoid restaurants midday and late night after Disney! Housekeeping wll load and unload your dishwasher for you which is nice too! Housekeeping did a good job keeping our suite very clean. If we had any problems with houskeeping , it wasn't due to cleanliness, it was things like forgetting to replenish the coffee for the next day.One thing I will say for them, any time we or my parents called for anything, someone was at the door almost immediately. We were impressed by their customer service!
It is also true that the hotel is quiet. We faced the road, my parents faced the pool and we both found our rooms quiet. The beds are comfortable, the air conditioning works well and when we wanted more pillows , housekeeping brought us some extra bedding 20 seconds after we called!
One other reason we liked this hotel is because we don't like to eat our meals in the park. This is the absolute best location where we have stayed for restaurant choices. The Red Robin for example, is accessibe just through the pool gate. (the pool by the way is very nice in a garden setting)
We have stayed many places in anaheim and most have been nice. We probably will not think of staying anywhere else after staying at the residence inn anaheim resort. If you have more than 4 people in your party, this really is a great place . The hotel itself is very nice. If 3 is average (ie super 8) and 5 is luxury (hyatt maybe?) I would rate this a 4.25. We definitely recommend this hotel for many reasons. Hopefully you will have as great of an experience as we did staying there. Let the front desk know if something is not right, they will do their best to fix it.

• Liked — spacious suite, breakfast,
  • Disliked — having to use anaheim resort transit which can be unpredictable
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2007

I’m writing to let you know of our not so pleasant experience with your inn. We had checked in at around 1pm, in which I requested Early Check-In, Foam Pillows, and High Floor Room. Our room was not ready until 4pm! I was a little displeased about that, so we decided to head on down to Disneyland and decided to stay the evening at Disneyland. We got back a little bit before 6pm and were able to get our room, which I was happy about the 7th floor check in! I took a quick look over the food that was available that evening and was not in the mood for the tacos they offered that night, especially when I saw a young child diving into the chips that were there with her hands!

We went back to Disneyland after dropping off our bags and arrived back to the establishment after midnight. We got there to find out there is no onsite parking available! We were displeased by the fact that we had to go into the front desk to obtain a parking permit to park in the Hyatt parking lot; this should have been given to us when we first arrived at the Inn. They should have asked us if we had a car when we first arrived there, but we were never asked that.

At around 6am we were rudely awoken by a delivery truck dropping off food to the hotel next door to us, I realize this is not your problem, but here is a sign that the windows should be a little sound proof in my opinion.

Since we woke up late on Tuesday we did not get a chance to enjoy the breakfast that you all had, so I have no opinion of the breakfast on Tuesday. We went to Disneyland again on Tuesday, drove over with our truck, and came back to the inn at 11:30pm from the park, to park in the lot, again to our dismay; we were then directed to park in the Hyatt Lot again! A worker that was just getting off of work stated to me, “If you wait about 5 more minutes you can have my parking space.” To here I was livid that your company allows your employees to park in a lot that is too small!

Again at 6am we were rudely awaken to the sounds of the garbage company picking up the garbage at the hotel and the surrounding hotels, in my opinion, the city should look at changing the times of garbage pick up in the area when it comes to the hotels in the area.

Breakfast was eating by us on Wednesday morning and we did enjoy it, thank you for having this!

Wednesday evening we decided to go for a dip in the spa, to our dismay it was cold as ice and not working! It would be kind of the company to post a sign that stated that the spa is not working and that there is heating problems, then for us to have to come down the slow elevator to find out it is not working properly! The children though enjoyed the some what heated pool.

Once again at 6am on Thursday Morning we were once again awoken by the garbage truck in the neighborhood! Breakfast was very good again!

In all I would like to recommend a few items. 1) The parking for employees should be at the Hyatt and not at the Inn. 2) There should be a required watch of the cars that should be there, i.e., people should be asked what car they have, therefore elevating the problem of over cars in the parking lot. 3) Strengthening up the windows to be more soundproof, or having the city change their garbage pick up times! And 4) Putting up a sign to allow the tenants to know that the pool or spa is having problems at the moment and that they plan a certain date that the pool/spa will be fixed again!

I am a member of tripadvisor.com and decided to stay at this inn because it was rated #1 out of 14 hotel in the Garden Grove Area. I have stayed at many hotels in my lifetime, and have paid really good prices for them. This place was not worth the $206 a night that I had paid for in my belief!

The beds are comfortable to say the least and the rooms are very big! We had a 2-bedroom room that had the kids room and the king size bed. The furniture in the living room was a little run down, and one of the bathrooms were a little run down as well. Otherwise else the beds were comfortable and everything was in good condition.

• Liked — Comfortable beds, spacious rooms!
  • Disliked — Not alot of parking, parking by staff in parking lot, pool/spa not working well!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2007

I stayed at the Residence Inn in Garden Grove while doing a trip to Disneyland and California Adventure. We arrived around 1030 on a Tuesday morning and were immediately greeted at the desk and promptly given our room. I was impressed with the speed of check-in and that they had a room available that early in the morning. The staff was very nice.

Our room was a one bedroom, one bath, kitchen area, with living area to include sofa sleeper. The bedroom contained two queen size beds. I was traveling with two other adults and a five year old. The room was clean and very nice. The comfort of the two beds was exceptional. The bathroom was also very nice and the kitchen was also exceptionally clean.

We took part in the nightly free food and drinks twice. What a nice surprise and touch by the hotel. One night they did BBQ with hot dogs and huge hamburgers. They had salad as well. It was great and was free!! Very, very nice touch. We also used the pool and hot tub. Although the pool was a bit cool, it was nice and clean and lots of fun. The whole area around the pool is very nice.

As for comments about others about the location, if you are going to Disneyland realize and go with the understanding that you are going to stand in lines. That is just the reality of the magical experience. One of those lines is the ART shuttle. The first day we used the ART shuttle it was a bit confusing trying to figure out when it was going to come, but once we got on and talked to the driver it was a breeze for the rest of our trip. The hotel location is great and the ART is great too.

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about our stay here. I would recommend it without hesitation to anyone. The staff was very nice and if you are looking for a "family-friendly" hotel with lots of kids with a good location to Disneyland, you will not go wrong here.

One last point, we did the free breakfast twice each morning and never ever had a problem with too many people or no where to sit. It was very nice and a good selection of food.

This is a great hotel and I would return in a heart beat.

• Liked — Very comfortable beds, clean, and good size rooms.
  • Disliked — Nothing- It was all good!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Auburn, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and will definitely be back. We booked this as part of a Disney package. Every single staff member was so friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was good. You had eggs, meat, potatoes, pastries, fruit, and cereal to choose from and you could make your own waffle if you wanted. They do shut down PROMPTLY (I think 9:30?), so don't be late to breakfast. They still let me pop in and get coffee with a smile though.

Our family of 6 had the family suite with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room with pullout and kitchen. It was such a pleasure to have the exra room! The kitchen is awsome! There are dishes and an icemaker. They leave you popcorn to pop in the micro. We were rushing around and left dirty dishes in the sink and when we returned, housekeeping had put them in the dishwasher and run it for us (don't forget to tip!). We had an issue with the tv and then with the toilet. Someone was up to our room within 10 min or less and fixed the problem.

We used the laundry facilities - they have several nice machines and a folding counter. They have a business center (which was usually occupied) that I think had 2 computers and a printer. They had a nice pool, hottub, and fenced in basketball court (basketballs given out at front desk). I found the pool a little cold and my 4 year old was shivering (because he wasn't swimming to keep warm) so I wouldn't count on the pool in cooler months.

There is a Target across the street, Starbucks next door, and you can get food delivered to your room from local restaurants - there is a menu provided.

We used the ART shuttle and had no major problems. Once it seemed to miss the pick-up time and came 25 min later. It is supposed to come every 20 min except for the lunch break at 1pm. You can buy the 1-3 day ART passes at a machine right outside the hotel. Only adults have to buy them, kids are free.

• Liked — The spaciousness
  • Disliked — Taking a shuttle
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area? Share your experiences!