“A Wonderful Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
Cleveland, Ohio
“A Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We arrived in California after a long day of travel and found out that where we had originally planned to stay was not at all promised.

We searched and found the Residence Inn - Anaheim Resort. What a wonderful experience!

The Hotel staff treated us with the utmost kindness. Ever single person we dealt with - the front desk staff, the people that set up and maintained the breakfast area, the cleaning staff - were professional, courteous, helpful and friendly!

The breakfast in the morning was fantastic and the evening get-togethers were great. The Front Desk staff was terrific and extremely professional, plus had great advice on where to eat and shop. Everyone definitely went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable - and they were all genuinely nice.

We will DEFINITELY stay at this hotel again the next time we are in California!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask to get a room facing the Disney Fireworks display.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and share your experience during your recent stay. I am very lucky to have a staff full of great people working at this hotel. Our staff genuinely cares about our guest's experience and we will always go out of our way to ensure that every guest has a great memorable stay. We hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I have taken my family to this hotel for the last 6 years or so and to tell sum it up: It is simply the BEST! The whole staff (I hate to call them staff because they really are like family!) makes you feel like you are at home. They always go above and beyond and we especially take notice of how they treated our children--they could not have been nicer or better in any way to our kids! If you want a place that you can feel comfortable with your kids--this is the place!
From the cookie package welcoming us back to the property(we kept have kept that note each year) to the care package after a mix-up with our keys, they never hesitate to make you realize that they are thinking about you and your family constantly. When we arrived at the hotel, I accidentally dropped my key into the slot in the elevator and Diego went above and beyond to make sure that he retrieved the key right away to make sure that we were able to get into our van without delay!
We had a pretty long stay and our housekeeper Prudentia was incredible! She took care to make sure that each kids' stuffed animals were placed just right on their bed with their own blankets folded carefully. You can tell that she really cares about your family because she didn't have to do all of those extra things each and every day--Thank you Prudentia!
And Prudentia's boss, Judy, served the ice cream on Wednesday night. She was so kind to us and our kids and made sure that everyone had a great time. She is truly a very kind person and wonderful to talk to--
Now we come to the morning breakfast and evening social hour--The food is absolutely incredible from waffles to various types of egg dishes to hash browns and biscuits and gravy and cold cereal to muffins and fresh fruit and so many other things that it would take too long to mention them all.
But with how good the food is, the staff is even better!
We are so grateful to have Lourdes taking care of us each morning! She always takes the time to sit and talk with us and to make sure that everything is going well. We look forward to seeing her each morning and want to thank her again for making each day special! Another thing to note about the staff is that they have been there for sooo long! Edith is always working so hard along with Rosea to make sure that everything is fresh.
Erica is always wonderful to see as well and she is always ready with a smile and greeting!
Herminia works the night social time and she is always making sure to get the fresh food out right away.
The whole place is immaculate and kept so clean! We always make sure to stay at a place that is clean and you can tell that they take extra care to make sure that everything is cleaned well. Mike is a younger guy that I think is the manager of the facilities and he is to be commended with how everything is taken care of so well! The pool is always clean and the basketball court impeccable! The workout center is always well kept too!
This Residence Inn is one of the most well managed hotels I have ever stayed in and I travel quite a bit for my work. I have stayed in everything from Hiltons to Hyatts and so many other hotels and nothing has ever made me feel so at home as this place! Bill is the assistant manager and I have to thank him for how always checking in to make sure that not only our stay but everyone's' stay is going well. He works the barbecue on Thursday night--that's right, they have a barbecue for everyone on Thursday night that has great food and is just a lot of fun!
This is a wonderful place to stay and I cannot finish without mentioning the manager himself:
Frank. I tell you what--this guy is just like a brother to me and treats our kids as if they were his nieces and nephews! He asks each one about their favorite rides and how their day is going and the kids really take notice! They really think a lot of him and you can tell that he really loves kids--he always knows just what to say! I can't thank him and the entire staff enough for this entire experience and even booking the room with Briana was a pleasure. She was always so helpful and made sure everything went smoothly.
If you are looking for a very clean, pleasant and comfortable hotel that has great food and even better staff, you won't find any place better! Thank you everyone and we can't wait to see you next year same time!

Green Features: I always appreciate when a hotel is environmentally conscious
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for this review and your referral to other families visiting Disneyland. We're glad you and your family had a good stay. I absolutely agree with you; we do have a great staff and we are fortunate to have each and every one of them. I will be sure to share your feedback with our staff. I hope to have you back soon!
Lincoln, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We spent Memorial Day weekend at Disneyland. The Residence Inn was a TERRIFIC place to stay. They upgraded us upon checkout and our room was situated so we could see the fireworks at night. AWESOME SURPRISE!!! The hotel was clean, management super friendly and the breakfast, although crowded (as expected) was great.

Not sure what the issue other people had with the elevator was all about. There were no long wait times at all.

All in all a great stay. Next time I'm in the area I'll be staying here!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Our spacious two bed room two bathroom suite is definitely a great value. The additional space enhances your trip by giving you room to relax after a long day. The rooms that face Disney get a great view of the fireworks I’m glad you enjoyed the scenery. I hope to have you and your family back soon!
San antonio TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here after 3 nights at Hyatt next door (they could not accommodate our whole stay) and was very pleased. Staff was super helpful and friendly when asked questions about airport and Disney shuttles. Breakfast was very good (eggs, sausage, several waffle makers). Hotel was clean and we got upgraded to a HUGE suite -- much more space than we needed! Nice sized pool area as well. Used the $5 Disney shuttle at the Hyatt next door which was a straight shot to Disney rather than the ART = highly recommend.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suite was HUGE!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Your review title put a big smile on my face. Thank you for noticing the effort of our staff members. My staff and I are committed to making every guest stay a memorable one. Can’t wait to have your family come back! Hope to see you soon.
San Francisco, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past 3 years - usually with family and or friends. This is one of our favorite Disneyland area hotels! Lorena S. - who works in the restaurant - is really super great. She found out that my birthday was during our stay and she took the time to have a birthday gift delivered to our room! All the people we met who work at this hotel are very friendly and accommodating. And we especially enjoy all of the free food that is provided. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and making us part of your birthday celebration. We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed our suites. Thank you for your recommendation of the hotel, and we hope you will visit us again.
Fort Smith, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This was my four year old granddaughter's first trip to Disneyland and the ocean. Because we live in the Central United States (in Arkansas), it's rare for us to have the time to travel to Southern California. When I first arrived at this hotel, the room type that I had selected was unavailable which was a big glitch for me. The room was unavailable because the guests who stayed in it the night before had chosen to stay another night. When this happened, the General Manager immediately stepped in and fixed the problem well beyond my expectations. What was most telling about this hotel is how friendly and service oriented that the staff members are. It is obvious that a requirement to work at this hotel is that you have to be extremely friendly. The accommodations are nice and very clean. The parking is a little limited; but don't fret if you arrive and there is no parking because they have an overflow lot behind an adjacent hotel where you can park at no charge. While this hotel probably would have been a 4 star hotel without the friendliness of the staff, there is no doubt that the General Manager and staff of this hotel place it well over the top. It's clearly a 5 star hotel. I really do express my thanks to the General Manager and staff for making my granddaughter's first trip to Anaheim as memorable as it has been. Thanks!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are nice but all the rooms are clean and well equipped
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for giving the high grade of A+! I’m glad to hear that you had an awesome stay. We can't tell you how much we appreciate you taking the time to share such an experience on this website! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Great family hotel with all the facilities we needed. Really catered for kids and customer service was second to none. The housekeeping manager, Judy, went above and beyond to look after us and was generous with her time. I can highly recommend this hotel, our stay was fantastic.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I definitely agree with you we are great for families. Our spacious two bed room two bathroom suite is the best value in Anaheim. Our staff works hard everyday to provide a clean and enjoyable hotel thank you for noticing our efforts. I hope to have you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove
#3 of 17 in Garden Grove
4.5 of 5 stars 473 reviews
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area? Share your experiences!