“Best Family Hotel for Disneyland” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
Heber City, Utah, United States
“Best Family Hotel for Disneyland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We decided to stay in this hotel for a family trip to Disneyland and it was the right choice. I was there with my wife, mother-in-law and 3 kids and we had a wonderful stay. The room was a two bedroom suite and was perfect. The bunkbeds were super fun for the kids to sleep in and the two bathrooms made getting ready a breeze. It is so close to the park and the Convention Center you could probably walk to both. Only 3 blocks from the Woody parking lot was also great. If you park there, the bus drops you off right at the entrance to the park and you don't have to walk through downtown disney if you don't want to. It was perfect for the end of the day with sleeping children. The breakfast was amazing and my favotite part was that they would come around and give the kids ballons. I especially want to thank Lourdes and Ericka for taking such good care of us every morning. Everything about this hotel and our stay was better than expected and we were surprised over and over again.

Room Tip: If you have kids, get a room with the bunk beds and the two bathrooms. It makes all the difference...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Our spacious two bed room two bathroom suite is definitely a great value. The additional space enhances your trip by giving you room to relax after a long day. Our daily breakfast buffet is an added value especially when you are traveling with a family. The people that work at this hotel are an exceptional group and greatly appreciate you noticing their efforts. We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your suite. Thank you for your recommendation of the hotel, and we hope you will visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I travelled with 2 children and 2 other adults, we had a 1 bedroom suit (2 double beds in a room and a pull out couch in lounge) for our first visit and then after a trip to Vegas stayed in a two bedroom suit. Both rooms were excellent, fully functional kitchen, lots of space, clean, comfy and nice warm feel. The two bedroom has two bathrooms and great to have the kids in their own room so would def book this one again. No noise in the room (except for our kids!), great view poolside. Breakfasts were fab and exceeded our expectations especially after reading some of the reviews. Make your own waffles, with real choc and cream, hot drinks and cold drinks to boot, hot breakie and cereals - for the price you pay excellent variety and quality. There was always a table free and the tables were always clean. Chef/s and kitchen staff were superb. On top of the great breakfast we also got free dinners which were delicious! again, all drinks included and great meals - make your own burgers, loaded fries and beef stew were some of the menu items - listed as a light meal but was hearty and yum! The pool and spa perfect after a long day out and extra bonus they didn't close until 10pm. The kids loved the gift shop and basketball court and table tennis. Easy $5 shuttle for adults and $2 for kids to Disney for all day to and fro. 5 min drive to Disney. I have stayed at hotels across the road from Disney and convenient to walk to Disney but big trade offs - pools not as good, no free breakies/dinners/busy right outside your hotel, staff not as friendly, no supermarket nearby 7/11 only.
Free shuttle to Orange outlet store from Hyatt Hotel - just outside the hotel pool gate. Target/supermarket across road - we shopped and used our kitchen facilities for making day packs was great, saved lots of money! Also, check out the 99cent store at end of target - great bargains. But the best thing about this accommodation is the staff - all of them, from people out at the pool, cleaners, reception staff, kitchen staff - everyone was super friendly and helpful. One day we were there they had a staff appreciation BBQ - was great to see the staff well looked after which is probably why they do such a fantastic job hosting their guests. Def recommend staying here for an easy, enjoyable, comfortable, safe and value for money stay. Thank you to all the staff for ensuring we had the best holiday!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I’m so excited to hear you wouldn’t stay anywhere else. We want to earn your business and have you stay every time you visit the area. You are absolutely right about the value and money that can be saved by enjoying our complementary hot breakfast buffet and evening meals. I absolutely agree with you; we do have a great staff and we are fortunate to have each and every one of them. I hope to have you back soon.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Fabulous stay for a quick Disney holiday. We were surprise upgraded to the 2 bedroom kids suite. It was fantastic. Bunks and beds comfortable, kitchen well equipped. And so easy with the target across the road. I would definitely book this in future. Everyone was friendly and more than helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
We are grateful that you indicated you will return again in the future. Thank you for noticing the effort of our staff members. My staff and I are committed to making every guest stay a memorable one. Can’t wait to have your family come back! Hope to see you soon
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Simply awesome. We had phenomenal experience at the Residence Inn Anaheim Resort, the 2-bedroom suite was the perfect size, not huge, not tiny, the right size and design, perfect for my family. But nothing I can say about the building and the accommodations can compare to how the staff treated during our stay, they were AWESOME! Just awesome, Highly highly highly recommended! We have season passes to the park, and will only use this hotel from now on.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I definitely agree with you we are great for families. Our spacious two bed room two bathroom suite is the best value in Anaheim. Our staff works hard everyday to provide a clean and enjoyable hotel thank you for noticing our efforts. I hope to have you back soon.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I last reviewed the Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove in October, 2013. I booked another stay commencing on January 19, 2014 for one week. It was excellent. I arrived about 1.5 hours early on the Sunday of the long weekend and was very pleased to be able to check into my room immediately. The staff recognized me at the front desk and welcomed me back by first name. The room was clean and the view excellent. I had a particularly busy schedule prior to visiting Garden Grove so my master plan was to just relax in my room for the first full day and I used the "door hangar" to tell the staff that "no service was required" for my first day. Well, after about 4 hours of relaxing and looking out of my living room window at the view of the mountains, sunshine, and The Crystal Cathedral I just had to go out and do some exploring. The staff had left a card under my door that indicated to call them if anything was needed so I called when I was leaving and asked that they simply lightly-freshen up the room for me while I was gone. Upon my return, the room had been completely cleaned and was spotless. This was excellent service especially when I realized that it was late in the afternoon when I had left. When I returned to the hotel lobby I was greeted by James, Frank, Walter, and the other staff by my first name. Each member of the staff made it a point to offer to assist me so that my stay would be an enjoyable one. This personal communication and service is excellent. As mentioned in my past reviews the Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove is a great place to stay. I always joke with James Herrara and thank him and the staff for "arranging for the California sunshine and weather". He says: "No problem", and just to "let them know what kind of weather I want". It is so nice to be able to communicate with the staff on that level. My room was recently refurbished and essentially "new", clean, and with a great view of the mountains to the West I was very pleased with it. The staff treat me like a friend and I always feel like a truly welcomed guest. I highly recommend the resort to any person or family as it is excellent in all respects overall. I am already planning my next visit for October of 2014. A special thanks to all of the staff at the resort and especially the breakfast bar staff who always provided me with fresh fruit even if I came down to the buffet late. Another great stay - Thanks to all the staff and see you all soon. KH

Room Tip: Pick a room high up with either a view of the mountains to the east or overlooking the pool. Both a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Keith thank you for taking the time to write this review. I absolutely agree with you we do have a great staff and we are fortunate to have each and every one of them. I’m glad that we were able to check you into your room early get you a head start on your vacation. Can’t wait to have you back!
Newfoundland, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We recently spent a weekend in the 2 bedroom suite with our 2 year old daughter and her grandparents. The rooms are large and clean, you don't feel as though you are squeezed into a hotel room. The kitchen area is functional and stocked with dishes. The one thing that was missing was a kettle, but there was a coffee maker for coffee drinkers. We stayed on the top floor (8th) and the road noise at night was incredible. I found it difficult to get a good nights sleep with the constant roar of traffic. I would have expected a hotel to have soundproof windows or at least sound reducing. There was no noticeable noise from other rooms/ hallways within the hotel. The breakfast selection is limited, and when we were there it was chaos. I think the staff have difficulties keeping up with cleaning due to the large number of kids that visit. Tables were sticky and messy, lots of food on the floor. We didn't' go back there the 2nd day, instead we went next door to the Starbucks in the lobby of the Hyatt, a short walk away. We ordered room service our first night there and the food was not edible. It was from a local restaurant as the hotel has no kitchen of its own. The food was so salty and greasy, it was disgusting. It was very expensive also, which would make me expect something of quality. Parking was ample and free. Wifi was fast and free. On site pool, fitness centre and laundry facilities available. You can buy Disney tickets at the front desk and skip the line ups at Disney. A shuttle to the park stops outside the hotel every 30 min. There are a few restaurants and stores within walking distance ( Outback Steakhouse, red robin burgers, Target). The last day there we lost water in our room which was very inconvenient as we were cleaning up prior to hitting the road. The hotel staff informed us that this was a city wide problem and not a hotel problem, but it did not make for a good lasting impression. Overall I would say this hotel is just ok. If I was returning to Disneyland I would likely consider the Hyatt next door or one of the many hotels within walking distance of the Disney entrance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Bill_AGMResidenceInn, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you so much for being our guest and taking the time to write a review about your experiences. I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. While I can fully understand your disappointment, I would like to assure you that your experiences were not typical. I am truly sorry for the impression you had of our hotel.

Everything we do is aimed at providing our guestswith an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Truro, NS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed at this hotel with our four children (15, 13, 9, 7) during the week between Christmas and New Year's and were so pleased with our choice. It is a perfect choice for a family stay. The hotel staff are pleasant and accommodating, the rooms were spotless, and the breakfast buffet tasty and plentiful! Our youngest child has food allergies, so we appreciated the full kitchen and made good use of it while we were there. The pool, basketball court, and games room were a hit with the children and there were always plenty of towels on hand. Located about three km from Disneyland, it was a straight, easy walk to the parks. The shuttle for us would have cost $32/day, so we walked. We had a fast pass for the 10:00 World of Color show one night, so we took the public transportation bus which was only $12.

On the advice of the staff, we spent sunset on New Year's Eve at nearby Huntington Beach with our feet in the Pacific Ocean. When we got back to the hotel we spent the evening around the pool and in the hot tub and the front desk staff gave us party hats, noisemakers, and a bottle of sparkling cider.

We would definitely recommend this property and would return if we get back to the Pacific Coast another time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bill_AGMResidenceInn, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you so much for having been our guest. I am very happy to hear that you and your family had such a great time with us and that our staff gave you such great suggestions. There are not very many places where you can usher in the New Year with your toes in the sand, but sunny Southern California is definitely one of them!

Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you and your family again on your next trip to the Anaheim area.

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area? Share your experiences!