“Perfect hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
Egypt
“Perfect hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel is very convenient for families .
10 min far from Disney .There is a shuttle bus for Disney.
There are a lot of restaurants within a walking distance .
Also Target is the other side from the road.
The room is very spacious with a living room .
The breakfast is very delicious and there are a lot of varieties .
Free parking + Free Wi-FI
The front desk stuff are very supportive , friendly and helpful .
They respond to any request or question in a friendly way .
They supported even in getting a plug for my mobile charger , booking starline tours in Hollywood , promote good restaurants , hypermarket , etc......
For shopping you can visit South coast plaza or fashion island (both are 20 min from the hotel by car )
In general this is the best hotel I stayed in during my visit to US .......
Highly recommended for families with young children .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and share your experience during your recent stay. We are centrally located with many dinning options with in walking distance. Your recommendations are great and I’m sure it will help many families plan accordingly and get the most out of their So-Cal vacation. I hope to have you and your family back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Chose this airport as a last night stop pior to flying home from LAX.
Two queen bed in a suite room.room was comfortable and clean.
Every night they have a complementary mel,this night it was a BBQ and I had a hot dog and cheeseburger prior to going out for a meal at the Olive Garden! Couldn't resist it although it spoilt my Olive Garden meal ha ha.
Decent breakfast next morning prior to leaving.
This hotels caters well for families with plenty of facilities or the kids Combine this with the complementary dining and this old be real value for families.
Free wireless throughout but $ 10 parking.
Go try this hotel don't think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this review and your referral to other families visiting Disneyland. You are absolutely right about the value and money that can be saved by enjoying our complementary hot breakfast buffet and evening meals. I hope to have you and your family back soon!
Sacramento, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The last thing you want happen when you spend $1,400 dollars on a hotel room rental for six days is to be surprised that your car’s paint job was severely compromised by a faulty, errant water sprinkler that showered a car with hard water spots. That was my experience late last week after a family vacation in Anaheim.

Rewind the last two times I stayed here. It was awesome. My wife loved it. The kids were fully accommodated and my mother in law was able to stay in the same suite because of their awesome, spacious rooms. We have been to Disneyland three of the past five years and this has been our spot.

Flash forward to last week. Not only was the pool closed for a week, unbeknownst to us since no one adequately communicated that this amenity would be out-of-service, I experienced bad customer service and just got the cowardly use-of-the-posted-disclaimer-to-hide-behind-excuse for the damage experienced to my car.

Here is where it begins. Because we didn’t use our car for more than a day while vacationing, it sat in the sun after the hotel’s irrigation system covered my entire car with pools of water. That and a combination of the hot sun caused the water deposits to harden. A $20 dollar car wash won’t fix the problem; it will require someone to detail and buff out the spots.

I explained the issue to the first front desk receptionist and her reply? “You probably shouldn’t park there,” as if it were my fault for not knowing where the broken sprinkler heads were in the parking lot. (Later, the management company that confirmed that they wouldn’t do anything, proceeding to tell me that it is municipal water, and that this had never happened before. Again, as if it were my fault or questioned my integrity.)

Anyway, I also invited her to look at my car, and she was unable to. Her incredulous response was baffling. Even more baffling was the lack of concern or empathy.

I asked if someone from hotel management could call me back the next morning because I was leaving. That didn’t occur.

As I checked out the next day, I found out—by me asking of course—that hotel management decided that they would not do anything because there was no physical damage to the car. This is the same hotel management that did not get back to me or the same hotel management that did not even evaluate my car in person.

Their basis for determining their initial decision was based on a hotel receptionist’s translation of the events, when she didn’t even see my car and the amount of hard water deposits their hotel’s sprinkler system left.

The manager on duty, who didn’t have the ability to make or recommend a workable solution and who communicated the hasty decision yesterday, took photos and said she would get back in touch with me.

Moving along, today, after trying to reach the hotel management’s corporate office in Florida, I finally got the news. The hotel management company’s person to deliver bad news used the parking sign disclosure as a basis for their unwillingness to reimburse me for the amount that it will take to remove the water marks. (Look at the photos...it's pretty egregious and the hotel did it. Not another hotel goer accidentally bumping my car). Mind you, the amount is a drop in the bucket to the amount I spent at this hotel for the past three stays.

The inhuman delivery from this gentleman, coupled with them absolving any responsibility, will forever cast doubt in my mind on if I choose the Marriott brand when making vacation arrangements.

Further, it is upsetting to know that when you spend a large amount of money at a place, particularly a place that you stayed at the past three years, you get lack of customer service, total disregard, an unresponsive hotel management team, and one that skirts accountability.

I understand the legal intent to disclaimers, but customer retention and relations trumps that in my mind.

So the take home for you future hotel goers; the hotel is great in terms of features and accommodations, but should an issue arise, don’t hold out hope for a workable and meaningful resolution. Let’s just hope it was just a perfect storm of unfortunate events for me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Although Trip Advisor has proven to be a fantastic tool, allowing travelers to review hotels and their services, the review that you have chosen to write clearly indicates there were extenuating circumstances involved that you chose not to mention in your reviews on Trip Advisor and other social media. Several attempts have been made to seek resolution for the issues experienced, both from the hotel directly as well as involving Marriott’s Customer Care, however a resolution has proven elusive. While we may not agree with your decision to post the reviews you did, we do recognize the privacy and confidentiality of our guests and believe that this is not the venue to discuss the intricacies of your stay. Our continued goal is to provide excellent customer service for our guests and resolve any issues that may arise.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week with my two teenaged nephews in June 2013. We loved this hotel! Our room had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a kitchen. Plenty of room for everyone to be comfy. The room was in good shape, nicely furnished, and clean. Paul Mitchell shampoos were a high-class touch that I hadn't expected. The hotel is smaller than many of the Anaheim Resort Area hotels, so is easier to navigate and less crowded. The pool and hot tub were clean and refreshing. The fitness room and laundry rooms were great. We enjoyed the breakfasts and the evening snacks, which, for us, served as dinner on a couple of nights (pasta, tacos, salad). The evening snacks are not provided every night, so check with the front desk. Speaking of the front desk, I was pleased that the staff was friendly and helpful, this included the housekeeping and breakfast staff. With so much humanity rolling in and out each day, the staff might be forgiven for becoming somewhat weary. But this staff showed no weariness; they were smiling, helpful, and seemed to go the extra effort to make sure families felt welcome (providing balloons for kids, for example). That was a really pleasant surprise! The ART transit to Disneyland stops at this hotel, so it's easy to get around without a car. My only suggestion to the hotel is to find an alternative to the styrofoam plates/bowls used at breakfast. Is there something recyclable or at least made from recycled material, that can be used? Better yet, real dishware to cut down on waste?

Room Tip: We left modest daily gratuities for the housekeeping staff. They provided us excellent service, and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Our spacious two bed room two bathroom suite is definitely a great value. Residence Inn Anaheim Resort is centrally located with access to all Southern California attractions. Your review touched on many of the reasons that we are the best choice for a hotel stay during a visit to Southern California. Our housekeeping staff is grateful for the gratitude you left for them, it’s a generous gesture. We can't tell you how much we appreciate you taking the time to share such an experience on this website!
Queen Creek, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at this Residence Inn for 3 night in September for a short trip to Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm. We stayed in their biggest suite, the king with 2 queens. The room was nice and clean and very accommodating for our group of 6. The breakfast selections at this Residence Inn is better than any other Residence Inn that I have stayed in. They have plenty of seating and food selection. There are also a handful of restaurants within a 3 to 5 minute walk to choose from, Red Robin, Outback Steakhouse, Buca Di Beppo, Joe's Crab Shake, and a pizza place. I wished they had more than 2 elevators, sometimes in the morning you may wait several minutes to get one or get one that is not full of guests going down to eat breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Our spacious two bed room two bathroom suite is definitely a great value. The additional space enhances your trip by giving you room to relax after a long day. Our daily breakfast buffet is an added value especially when you are traveling with a family. Thanks for recommending us it is an honor to received such a positive review from a seasoned traveler like your self.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We travelled and stayed in the resort for 15 days.

The location is great. Walking distance to supermarkets and outback. Short driving distance to Disney. Price was good.

Free coffee and tea served daily at the lobby. Lots of kids around. Convenient laundry facilities. If I am not wrong, it is 24 hour.

The only drawback is that the hotel is a bit dated. The bed is also not the most comfortable. However when we stayed there, we walked around the surrounding hotels and it does appear that this is one of the best if not the best!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
It means a great deal to us to receive such a positive review from someone that has stayed at our hotel for 15 nights. We are centrally located with many dinning options with in walking distance. Your recommendations are great and I’m sure it will help many families plan accordingly and get the most out of their So-Cal vacation. I hope to have you and your family back soon!
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hotel was very nicely kept. We arrived in Anaheim around 12 pm after driving from Vegas and the front desk was nice enough to let us check in early. Hotel was located less than 2 miles from Disney which was great! There is also an ART transportation bus that picks up the local hotels and takes them to disney for a small fee, but we did see plenty of people walking to Disney. Breakfast was nice, ample food, just make sure you get down there in time because the staff will begin to clean up promptly. Unfortunately parents were letting their children roam the hotel without any supervision (a big pet peeve of mine).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for this review and your referral to other families visiting Disneyland. We believe we are the ideal choice for anyone visiting Disneyland and are happy that you agree. I’m glad we were able to meet your early check in request it always nice to be able to unpack before heading over to Disney. We can't tell you how much we appreciate you taking the time to share such an experience on this website!

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area? Share your experiences!