“Large rooms, great breakfast.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
Joplin, Missouri, United States
“Large rooms, great breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my family of five. We loved the room with kitchen. Very clean. Loud until midnight outside the room, and the air conditioner was located in the master bedroom and was also extremely loud. The huge breakfast was great, the staff was friendly, and we are likely to stay here again.will probably go during a less crowded travel season, however.

• Stayed August 2013
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Our spacious two bed room two bathroom suite is definitely a great value. The additional space enhances your trip by giving you room to relax after a long day. Our daily breakfast buffet is an added value especially when you are traveling with a family. Thank you for being our guest! Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Woodland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We booked into this hotel as part of a Disney package. Residence Inn is generally a favourite for our family (couple, plus 3 teenagers), but this one was not among the top tier. Carpet a little dated but other furnishings okay. Comfortable bed as always. Two elevators very busy, and I couldn't find convenient stairs (they are apparently outside the building). The breakfast was not my style, but kept the kids happy and filled. The evening food service was a nice surprise and filled a gap for busy Disney goers. The main problem was the noise and busy-ness - just one of those things with lots of younger kids and Disney-fueled excitement I guess. On the other hand, that meant there was a decent laundromat on site, which turned out handy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We can't tell you how much we appreciate you taking the time to share such an experience on this website. Our daily breakfast buffet is an added value especially when you are traveling with a family. Thank you for being our guest! Hope to see you soon.
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

It's a short walk from this property to the convention center and with a full kitchen and free parking, it is an economical choice for business travelers attending meetings at the convention center. It's not at the 4-5 star level of the hotels in the area, so there's no restaurant/bar at the property and the appointments aren't as nice. However, it's good for the price - just make sure you're paying $15-20+ less per night than the other hotels nearer to the convention center, so check before booking. I didn't have the breakfast, it was just too hectic in the breakfast room, even quite early, with families and vacationers, so I can't comment on it. Very pleasant staff. And they dropped off cookies the second day I was there, quite a nice touch. I found it nearly impossible to adjust the thermostat, as it was way behind a big screen TV, so I needed to squeeze behind the TV and use a flashlight to see the thermostat. Maybe it was because I couldn't easily adjust it but my room was either freezing cold or hot and the AC was loud.

Room Tip: Not facing Harbor Blvd if possible
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the nice review. You are absolutely correct we are a great value and we are located with in walking distance to the Anaheim convention center. We do not have a restaurant however we offer a daily breakfast buffet that included in your rate. In addition we also offer an evening reception that includes food and drinks. Thank you for being our guest!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

This was a great room to have with our 4 kids. Lots of room, had two separate bedrooms, and bathrooms. Pretty clean, nice little kitchen area with provides dishes. Several washers downstairs. We enjoyed staying here! I will say it was super busy and full up, but didnt here a lot of noise due to the rooms being far from door.

• Stayed August 2013
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Our spacious two bed room two bathroom suite is definitely a great value. The additional space enhances your trip by giving you room to relax after a long day. . Having a full equipped kitchen is an extra value especially when you are traveling with a family. Thanks for posting the pictures I really appreciate it hope to see you soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed in a two bedroom suite, one had two queen size beds and the other one had a bunk bed. Since we were on the top floor, we could see the fireworks at night. Having the shuttle bus take us to and from Disneyland was very convenient for a small fee. Front desk personnel was friendly and very helpful. The reason for the 4 stars vs. 5 is because the second bedroom did not have a window plus the breakfast room was very crowded and noisy. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Our family suites with the bunk beds are spacious and a big hit with the kids. We’re delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed the fireworks view, and Disney shuttle service. We are thrilled that you found our staff helpful and friendly. Thank you for being our guest! Hope to see you soon.
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I planned this trip with teenage daughters a long time ago, and I reserved a very specific room. When I checked in late, it was gone. They gave me a suite that had bunk beds. My daughters were not thrilled (to say the least) either.

The room was not cleaned a couple days until I ask them (we were gone majority of day). I wasn't happy housekeeping.

Another issue occurred when I requested round trip limo/sedan service to a concert. As the driver dropped us off, he said we're on our own to get ride back. The hotel didn't communicate the instructions. It's not a high end place, so I can't expect to much for this type of service.

The breakfast is complete zoo. The hotel appeared to have 10 people packed into some of their suites (not sure if they can control this). It is a disney experience, so you got to be ready for some lines everywhere. It was absolute mayhem to get anything to eat. At one point, when I finally got an opportunity to eat something, the staff took away the food as I was standing there.

On the positive side, the front desk worked exceptionally hard to make us feel welcome and make up for mishaps. The front desk deserves at least 4 (maybe 5) stars. I wish I could of given overall experience more, but housekeeping and breakfast pushed my rating down.

It might be a 5 star place for families with small children or wishing to pile a large group into a room. For me, I would spend a little more for adjoining rooms in another hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I’m sorry to hear that you stay started on a bad note. We have four different configurations of the two bedroom suite, and I’m sorry that we failed to give you the room you expected. We regret if you found the car service to be inconvenient I will share your comments with the management team. On behalf of my entire staff, I apologize that your experience was not exceptional. We hope that we can have another opportunity at your business on your next trip to Anaheim.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I am Marriott Platinum and I stay in the range of Marriott hotel brands. For vacation with family I prefer the space and kitchen comforts of a Residence inn and this one didn't disappoint. The staff were all very friendly, and the property was clean and spacious. The little touches, such as the attentive staff, evening snacks, the shopping service etc made this a great choice. The room was well provisioned and clean and cosy. The pool was larger than we expected and was a nice place to relax after a morning in the parks. The breakfast was varied and well stocked. Lets face it - in hotels with families and free breakfasts it can be like a rodeo at times, so it was great to see this Residence Inn seem to take pride in keeping it clean, stocked and orderly - there is enough room that even at the busiest times we could still get a table. On the nights we were there the evening snacks were hot dogs, baked potato, soup and salad and (the best) a bbq. We were on the 5th floor and facing the pool - we couldn't hear any noise from traffic or swimmers. In summary given the close proximity to Disneyland it would be easy for this hotel to not bother going the extra mile on service, so I was so glad they took pride in offering a friendly, clean hotel that exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: We walked to Disneyland in the morning (1.4 miles and about 30 mins with a stroller) and got a taxi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
It means a great deal to me to receive positive comments from a Marriott Platinum Elite member. My staff and I are committed to making every guest stay a memorable one. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Thank you for being our guest! Hope to see you soon.

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area? Share your experiences!