I stayed 5 days while attending a trade show at the Anaheim Convention Center. Other reviews led me to believe this would be an excellent stay.
The good: Check-in was smooth and the front desk was consistently helpful, professional and gracious. The first night I was in a king room. The street noise kept me up most of the night. (not so good.)The front desk kindly switched me to a QQ room away from the street. Breakfast was excellent each morning. The hotel is under renovation, but I heard almost no construction noise and I was there during some of the stated "construction hours". I wondered if I'd hear a lot of kids, but I did not. I suspect the hotel tries to segregate families from business travelers and that was certainly appreciated. A couple of the nights there was an evening reception which consisted of a light dinner -- very nice.
The not so good: Plan on being charged by the minute to use an on-site computer, with a minimum of $5. If you plan to use an 800 number, plan to be charged for using that, too. The second hotel room I received had thick soap scum on both soap dishes in the shower -- yuck! The upholstered furniture was torn (which I could accept given it was due to be replaced shortly), but the crumbs setting on the upholstered chair when I walked in the door didn't cut it for me. Then I noticed the dust clumped in the corners. Those are not the Marriott standards I am used to seeing. To be hit with extra charges at an upscale hotel was annoying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our extended stay Anaheim Resort Area suites are so well equipped and fully furnished, you’ll never have to set up house twice. Tastefully decorated, our guest suites are as comfortable as they are clean. With all the amenities to make your stay enjoyable and convenient they are the perfect home away from home. We offer a mix of 200 suites that fit your every need. Our suites feature a king or two queen beds and queen-sized sofa sleeper with a large living area and full kitchen. Two-bedroom kid's suites feature a bunk bed in a separate second bedroom. A queen sofa sleeper is available in the living area adjacent to the kitchen. All suites offer complimentary high-speed Internet and fully equipped kitchens. In our Anaheim Resort Area Suites we Offer:• Coffee and Tea Makers• Complimentary High-Speed Internet Access• Dual Line Phones with Voice Mail and Wake-up Service• Full Kitchens with Stove, Microwave, Toaster, Refrigerator and more• Hairdryer• Individual Climate Control• Iron and Ironing Board• Kids Suites Available w/ Bunkbeds• Pillow Choice (Feather Down/Foam)• Pool Views from 50% of the Rooms• Sofa Beds• Silverware, Pots, Pans, Serving Dishes, etc.• Work Stations with Lamp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Odigeo, Priceline and BookIt.com so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area Hotel Garden Grove
- Residence Inn Garden Grove
- Garden Grove Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area Garden Grove, Orange County, CA