Our first visit to Disneyland and we were really pleased with our stay. First thing to say that the reception staff were first rate ( more about that later).
We managed to get a suite on the 8th floor at one end so it was extremely quiet. We arrived about 1.00am so it was straight to bed. Our daughter loved the bunk bed in her room and as usual our Marriott bed was top notch. It was only in the morning that we noticed the very strong cooking smell that permeated the kitchen / sitting room. Over the next day or so, cleaning staff tried to get rid of it but to no avail, despite sprays and carpet cleaners. It just wouldn't go, so we asked to move rooms. This is when we met Sergio, he was superb and a real credit to Marriott. He spent over an hour trying to sort the issue in terms of juggling rooms. He thought he had it solved when he offered us a free upgrade and indeed the room was great, but alas no bunk bed which made it a "no" as far as our 3 year old was concerned. So back to the drawing board; in the end Sergio managed to get us another suite. The hotel was very busy so he could just have said "sorry". He also got us a free 6pm check out as we had a late flight leaving around midnight. It is things like this that people really appreciate and value. Hang on to him, Marriott.....
Hotel was great. Breakfast a bit of a scrum but it was free. We were amazed at how much some folk ate...... Washing machines and dryers were also free which was a bit of a bonus.
When we were there the pool was out of use for renovation. We hadn't been told about this in advance but It wasn't an issue as arrangements had been made to use the Hyatt pool, which actually was a blessing in disguise as it meant the pool area was quiet and we got to see another hotel.
The hotel is on the ART shuttle and although you have to pay for it, it is a good service. There is a pay machine outside the hotel. Every time we used it, it wasn't too full and was a very good service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our extended stay Anaheim Resort Area suites are so well equipped and fully furnished, you’ll never have to set up house twice. Tastefully decorated, our guest suites are as comfortable as they are clean. With all the amenities to make your stay enjoyable and convenient they are the perfect home away from home. We offer a mix of 200 suites that fit your every need. Our suites feature a king or two queen beds and queen-sized sofa sleeper with a large living area and full kitchen. Two-bedroom kid's suites feature a bunk bed in a separate second bedroom. A queen sofa sleeper is available in the living area adjacent to the kitchen. All suites offer complimentary high-speed Internet and fully equipped kitchens. In our Anaheim Resort Area Suites we Offer:• Coffee and Tea Makers• Complimentary High-Speed Internet Access• Dual Line Phones with Voice Mail and Wake-up Service• Full Kitchens with Stove, Microwave, Toaster, Refrigerator and more• Hairdryer• Individual Climate Control• Iron and Ironing Board• Kids Suites Available w/ Bunkbeds• Pillow Choice (Feather Down/Foam)• Pool Views from 50% of the Rooms• Sofa Beds• Silverware, Pots, Pans, Serving Dishes, etc.• Work Stations with Lamp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area Hotel Garden Grove
- Residence Inn Garden Grove
- Garden Grove Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area Garden Grove, Orange County, CA