“Big rooms, good location, nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
Maine
“Big rooms, good location, nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed 2 nights, rooms good size, breakfast is good, we had waffles. Pool was cold, but people still used it. Beware of rooms facing the pool - kids are noisy and you can definitely hear it.

Room Tip: Facing away from the pool - if you like the quiet
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
phoenix,arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I booked a 1 bedrm suite but when I arrived I am assuming those were sold out so, much to my amazement I was upgraded to a 2 bedrm suite. My kids were so happy to have an extra bedroom with twin beds and their own restroom! They were gonna sleep on the pull out sofa since this was just an overnight stay. We all were just amazed on how organized breakfast was ran. They served biscuits and gravy, french toast, waffles with strawberries and whipped cream and even chocolate chips to make chocolate chip waffles. There was two kinds of eggs served along with fresh fruit and assortment of breads and juices. I like that large containers of various coffee cream was provided. I stayed at the Homewood Suites a week before for a week and the breakfast there was nowhere near as good as here. I would have much rather liked to stay here a week than there. There was a very much appreciated large kids area where they could enjoy kids shows on a projection screen while having breakfast or to use as a play area. In the room there were screen TV's the one in the living area was mounted on the wall and made room for lots of space. The sofa sleeper had a thicker mattress than I have seen in others which was nice for my MIL. Everything was clean and fresh. My daughter used the work out equipment and enjoyed that the treadmills had TV's on them. There was one disturbance where police were required and was a little scary to come back to sirens blaring and alarm lights blinking. I guess there were some people causing a disturbance but I believe it was taken care of. I don't feel it would stop me from returning. But I have never seen that happen before and kinda makes me wonder what kind of people come here but I am sure that could happen anywhere. The front desk was helpful and reassured that everything would be okay. We really liked the convenience of the ART shuttle stop being right in front of the hotel just steps from the lobby entrance. For the price and all you receive at breakfast and the spaciousness of the rooms I would like to continue staying here.

Room Tip: You can purchase ART passes next door in front of Marriot Suites at a 24hr machine.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while on a business trip. It's definitely very family oriented (everything has a Disney theme). Breakfast was average (served in foam plates and plastic cutlery). I was in Anaheim in July and stayed at the Sheraton Garden Grove and regretted not having booked there yet again.

For families going to Disney I can see the attraction but for business travelers, there's definitely better options in that area.

Room Tip: Pick a room not facing Harbor Boulevard
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Grapeview, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

This place is great. The breakfast was good and hotel staff was great. There were six of us staying in a two bedroom room and had plenty of room. The ART bus to DisneyLand was right outside and very convenient. Our kids also enjoyed the light dinner served on week nights - very convenient. There was also shopping (Target) within a block. Like I said, great place!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Payson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

what a BEAUTIFUL property.. my family and I stayed 4 days for a Disneyland trip... this property had a wonderful breakfast every morning (waffles, eggs, fruit, potatoes, cereal) much more than the usual continential. they also had dinner and snacks in the evening. movies for the kids, a big beautiful pool/kid pool/spa. rooms are big and CLEAN, and comfortable with a full size fridge, dishwasher, dishes everything you need. also there are fantastic restaurants within walking distance. I will be booking again with this property!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I’ve stayed in 100’s of hotels and this one rates in the top 3 for cleanest. I was here on business, but it is also family perfect. Two rooms, two flat screen TV’s, and a kitchen area. Windows open. Unusual HOT free breakfast, scrambled eggs, potatoes and all the regular stuff. I will go out of my way to stay here again. Great rates.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

This is my first tripadvisor review or any review for that matter. However, I was so impressed by this place, I felt the least I could do was commend them for their service,.

I wasn't sure what to expect since most of the reviews were great, but the ones that weren't good, concerned me, especially about the kids, etc. Upon arrival, J Lin at the front desk was friendly and very helpful. After checking in, she called the room to make sure everything was in order and asked if I needed anything. The suite felt like home. There was a kitchen and dining room table, with refrigerator and stove; a desk; good sized living room space with couch, sofa chair and TV. Although I was located by the elevator, I didn't hear as much noise if any that I expected. The rooms were very clean and the view was great. I could see the other hotels and skyrises, but also the mountains in the backdrop. Because I stayed over the weekend, I was also able to enjoy the fireworks show that Disneyland puts on in the evenings.

The hotel was conveniently located by Target and other nearby restaurants. At first, I wasn't sure how secure the hotel entrance and exit was, however thought it was a perfect balance of not feeling "watched" as I came and went. I also enjoyed the complimentary coffee in the lobby. Anytime I asked for anything, I was tended to immediately. I was very satisfied with their service.

The breakfast buffet was great. Aside from the abundance of food and awesome waffle making machine, the kitchen staff was fabulous. Ed was always working hard to ensure there was always enough food and the place was always clean. He was literally always tending to something and eyeing everything to make sure it was kept up and you got everything you needed. I can see the kitchen staff was on top of everything.

I came with my parents and they felt very comfortable and welcomed here by all the staff. The suites were a perfect accomodation for us. My mom liked being around the chidlren, families, and large groups of people. So keep in mind, that it is a family friendly hotel.

Sergio checked us out and made sure everything was right. He was very helpful in getting me what I needed and making sure my check out was smooth.

You can tell that the staff are happy because they treat you like they are happy, and they also want to make sure you are happy. That deserves 10 stars on my list. I can't express enough how much this hotel made my trip worthwhile and my travels with my parents awesome. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you enjoy fireworks, I would ask to be on the side where you can see the fireworks show.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area? Share your experiences!