“Cleanest + Big Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
Chicago, Illinois
“Cleanest + Big Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I’ve stayed in 100’s of hotels and this one rates in the top 3 for cleanest. I was here on business, but it is also family perfect. Two rooms, two flat screen TV’s, and a kitchen area. Windows open. Unusual HOT free breakfast, scrambled eggs, potatoes and all the regular stuff. I will go out of my way to stay here again. Great rates.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

This is my first tripadvisor review or any review for that matter. However, I was so impressed by this place, I felt the least I could do was commend them for their service,.

I wasn't sure what to expect since most of the reviews were great, but the ones that weren't good, concerned me, especially about the kids, etc. Upon arrival, J Lin at the front desk was friendly and very helpful. After checking in, she called the room to make sure everything was in order and asked if I needed anything. The suite felt like home. There was a kitchen and dining room table, with refrigerator and stove; a desk; good sized living room space with couch, sofa chair and TV. Although I was located by the elevator, I didn't hear as much noise if any that I expected. The rooms were very clean and the view was great. I could see the other hotels and skyrises, but also the mountains in the backdrop. Because I stayed over the weekend, I was also able to enjoy the fireworks show that Disneyland puts on in the evenings.

The hotel was conveniently located by Target and other nearby restaurants. At first, I wasn't sure how secure the hotel entrance and exit was, however thought it was a perfect balance of not feeling "watched" as I came and went. I also enjoyed the complimentary coffee in the lobby. Anytime I asked for anything, I was tended to immediately. I was very satisfied with their service.

The breakfast buffet was great. Aside from the abundance of food and awesome waffle making machine, the kitchen staff was fabulous. Ed was always working hard to ensure there was always enough food and the place was always clean. He was literally always tending to something and eyeing everything to make sure it was kept up and you got everything you needed. I can see the kitchen staff was on top of everything.

I came with my parents and they felt very comfortable and welcomed here by all the staff. The suites were a perfect accomodation for us. My mom liked being around the chidlren, families, and large groups of people. So keep in mind, that it is a family friendly hotel.

Sergio checked us out and made sure everything was right. He was very helpful in getting me what I needed and making sure my check out was smooth.

You can tell that the staff are happy because they treat you like they are happy, and they also want to make sure you are happy. That deserves 10 stars on my list. I can't express enough how much this hotel made my trip worthwhile and my travels with my parents awesome. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you enjoy fireworks, I would ask to be on the side where you can see the fireworks show.
Cloverdale, BC, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

If you are looking for a fabulous family friendly, clean and convenient place to stay. This is it.
We were travelling with 4 kids and we got a room that had 2 bedrooms. Ours had a king bed, and our own bathroom . The kids had 2 queen beds and their own bathroom.
In between the two rooms we had a full size kitchen with a table that was great for the kids to catch up on some homework, play card games and have some snacks.

Having the full kitchen was amazing. We went to the grocery store which is close by. Stocked up on some drinks , and snacks and things we could take to the Disneyland and it sure helped with $$ when travelling with 4 kids.
Having a full breakfast in the morning is fabulous. Then the appy hour was almost like dinner. There are grills in the courtyard by the pool you can use also. Basketball court for the kids and laundry facilities too.
I wouldn't stay anywhere else anymore.

Having a ful

Room Tip: We liked the rooms overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed here for a business trip... Wrong move! Lots of kids very average rooms etc. I would recommend for families visiting Disney. If you are a business traveler u recommend shelling out a few bucks and staying at the Marriott

• Stayed October 2011
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed here 2 nights with my husband and our 4 year old & 4 month old sons. Room had everything we needed but was a bit dated and smaller than othe Residence Inns we have stayed at. Kind bed was very comfortable but sofa bed was horrible. Shower was hot. Room was clean. Staff was efficient and friendly.The morning breakfast buffet was great! About a 5 to 10 minute drive to Disneyland depending on the traffic.

Oxnard, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Hotel staff is awesome! Rooms are comfortable and clean. Nice bar-b-que and pool area. Good hotel breakfast included. Convenience is amazing. The Anaheim transit shuttle stop is literally steps away from the lobby. We have season passes to Disneyland which include free parking, but the transit is so convenient that we utilize it. The nice thing is that the shuttle stop at the Residence Inn Garden Grove is for Route 1, which has very few stops, and is the closest drop off and pick up point in the park. The cost is $4.00 per day and can be used for multiple trips within the same day. They also offer a 3 day pass. We were able to secure a $139 per day rate which included two queen beds and a pull out sofa. It was nice having the kitchen and fridge. Parking is $8.00 per day which is reasonable. My husband, adult son, teenage daughter and I were very comfortable. Nice flat screen tvs. Overall, the value is excellent considering what we would've spent eating out for breakfast. Some really good restaurants are within a very short walking distance. We will be back!

Room Tip: Pet's can stay here with a cleaning deposit.
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I think we found our hotel for our Disneyland vacations. We've stayed at several other hotels, and though the others were okay, this Residence Inn in Garden Grove is perfect for families going to Disneyland or other nearby places. It is a happy, pleasant atmosphere. The staff are very accomodating and go out of their way to attend to requests and needs. We loved the daily breakfasts!! The location is great. We loved the nearby restaurants and stores. Target is across the street. We definitely plan to make this our hotel for Anaheim. The rooms are great and clean and very comfortable. Loved the kitchen areas. There's a lot of small extra details that this hotel staff think of to make the staff a little extra fun and special.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area? Share your experiences!