“For the price I thought this place was good & clean!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 17 hotels in Garden Grove
Sacramento, CA
“For the price I thought this place was good & clean!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

I thought that this place was great for the price! When we got there in the late afternoon with our two impatient teenage daughters after a long drive fron Elk Grove, CA the room that they gave us was full of smoke smell (we dont smoke & requested a non smoking room) They young girl at the front desk got the manager Ruthie & she promptly gave us a new non-smoking room. The hotel was clean and quiet. We were there four nights M-F. We had a room with two queen beds & it had everything that we needed in it. It was clean and the maid service was good! They cleaned our room everyday. We took a shuttle on the 1st day to Disneyland as we all wanted to go at different times. You can get a shuttle pass for $4 at the front desk good for the whole day. Parking is free at this hotel. We all really liked the pool (kind of a tropical feel with all the palm trees around the hotel) it also had a good hot tub! We used the pool area every morning to eat our breakfast and read the paper (they have tables & chairs out by the pool) My husband would stay down at the pool & swim everyday while he waited for us three girls to get ready! They serve breakfast every morning at I think 6:30 to 9:30. The coffee was always good (way better than the coffee maker coffee in the room) They had different kinds of eggs, pastries, crereal, sausage, bacon, little cartons of milk & yogurt and juices on tap from a machine, For free.....it was a great deal!!! I liked the free computer with internet & a printer in the lobby. I used it every morning before we would leave for the day. It is just a short drive to Disneyland if you take your own car. We would stay here again in a minute! We booked our trip at this hotel through www.getawaytoday.com

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

So we found this hotel online once when my boyfriend and I where going to Disneyland for our 1 year anniversary. We found the hotel fine and we had a car so the area was convenient. Disney one way and the beach the other. Our room was in a corner so we had a nice view and the room was very nice. We actually had booked two rooms because my parents wanted me to have my own room, the room was never used although that room was very nice as-well.

We had a spare to moment trip and this time we brought my little sister along. After a whole day surfing and baking in the beach and an evening in Downtown Disney we didnt feel like driving back to Vegas that night, so we ended up back at this hotel and they had rooms and the price was reasonable. Once again, rooms where very nice and we where rreally pleased. To this day my sister tells me that trip was one of the best ever, we have a lot of good memories in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Price, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

We stayed the required two nights for the free night promotion but were denied because we booked thru Orbitz! My cousin and her husband stayed here as well when we attended my mother's funeral. The hotel made out.
Nowhere in the promotion did it mention this qualifier and I am no longer a loyal Priority Club member!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

The manager of this hotel is terrible. She canceled our rooms a week before our trip. Our school PO was late getting there through no fault of our own. She said she'd give the check another week to get there but went back on her word 2 days later, even though our check reached her. Who would want to reserve rooms at a hotel with a power hungry, dishonest manager like this? We take students to CA every year and you can bet we will never give this hotel our money again. There are plenty of other great hotels in CA with honest managers who know how to keep business coming back year after year.

This manager also did this to another teacher at our school.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2009

Staff is rude and unhelpful. there are plenty of hotels in this area, do your self a favor and stay elsewhere. Front Desk staff Andrea V. is extremely rude, would not allow us to have our seeing eye dog in our room, she wanted us to leave it in our car!! extremely rude!!! Hotel looks rather old, bathrooms not up to Holiday Inn standards!

• Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
windsor,ontarion,canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2008

First off let me introduce myself in saying I am a world traveller and have stayed at many hotel chains worldwide and this is NOT the first time I have been to LA. This hotel is an excellent choice for the money .Myself and sixteen year old daughter used this hotel for a home base while visiting the Los Angeles and Disneyland area.The Hotel is about a ten minute drive to Disneyland, California adventure.Upon arrival we noticed how well maintained the grounds were for a small hotel (three levels high) The staff at the front desk were very friendly upon greeting us and very helpful with trying to answer questions.The rooms were of average hotel size (maybe a little larger than average)and the bathroom was a good size also with all the amenities you would need like a coffee maker, ice bucket, shampoo, conditioner, soap, and even a hairdryer .Plenty of towels of various sizes.Everything was clean and in order.There were also four pillows on each quenn size bed, two were firm and two were soft. All pillows are embroided with firm or soft so you know which is which.Cool!!! The only set back we had during our entire stay was the box spring to my bed was broke. I told the front desk and it was fixed within a few hours seeing the maintainace guy comes after 3 pm everyday. We also noticed the hall ways were exceptionally wide for a hotel of this size and this made the place seem very comfortable and cozy. Nice comfy chairs to sit in before you get to the elevator was a very nice touch.The breakfast that is included is a very nice touch to start out your day. They always had some kind of eggs (scrambled, egg and cheese) bacon OR sausage, yogurts,cereal,coffee,milk,juices,cinnabons... you get the picture. The breakfast also was very good and just enough to get your day started for heading off to Disneyland?The persons in the breakfast room worked diligently everyday to ensure everything was replinished. The weather was not the greates for us (average 50 degree mark) so we didnt go swimming in the pool or try the hot tub but we felt the temperature of the pool and it was very nicely heated even for cool nights. The hotub however was the same temperature as the pool. Not that I have small kids but I liked the idea that you needed a room key (swipe card) to open the pool gate. This is an excellent safety feature for parents with small kids. You will also need your card to get into any back entrance to the hotel other than the front desk entrance.Here is a list of our likes and dislikes:

LIKES:

Excellent hotel for the price with limited breakfast included.
Pretty close to Disneyland ,California Adventure(about ten minute drive)
Very well kept hotel and great service staff (Good job guys if your reading this)
The maid service was excellent and she replinshed soaps,towels and shampoo etc... when needed (Good Job)
Computer in lobby area free of charge to use and browse the net also has a printer.We used this once to look up an address we wanted to visit. came in handy!
Free Local Calls from your hotel room!
A hospital was about one block down the road (this may come in handy for some hopefully you won't need it though !!!)
Mini mart with gas station right on the corner (walking distance 1 minute) incase you need milk or snacks etc...
Access to highway just down the road.
Lots of parking (and free) NOTE! If you stay in some hotels in the LA area parking can cost you like $20 bucks a day (Ripoff???)
The block at Orange (Outdoor shopping mall)is just down the street. Unfortunately many shops are closing up here Ron Jon, Virgin Records etc... but there still are some good shops left here.Also there is a new one right across the street from Disneyland called Anaheim Garden Walk. It is so new that not all the space has been leased yet but still has many shops.Try to visit Fashion Island in Huntington Beach or if you are in LA visit The Grove & Farmers Market.
There was a little shuttle that we saw arrive at the hotel at different times of the day. I dont know where it was going seeing we rented a car.You definitely in my opinion need a car for commuting back and forth to the Disney locations only set back is it cost $12 bucks to park it at Disney everytime?

DISLIKES!

There was just a little bit of traffic noise but NOT enough to deter us from coming back to this great hotel.I am a light sleeper and anything wakes me up , but the traffic noise was very littel and seemed distant.
The beds box spring was broke but was fixed in time for bed (No Biggy)
Wish they had a little fridge in room but they had an ice bucket that did the job (No Biggy)
No Safe Deposit Boxes in the Rooms? I called the front desk and asked if they had any and they replied yes. After arriving at the front desk I noticed that the master key ( the one the manager or whomever was on duty at the time should have on them always) was left in one of the safe deposit boxes ????? I didnt feel comfortable or safe leaving our passports or other personal belongings there so we carried them always.

CONCLUSION:

All in all this hotel in my opinion is great for families or laid back couples that want to save a buck and stay in a well kept place.You will definitely need a car for transport if you want to go anywhere. I "HIGHLY" recommend renting or bringing a GPS unit with you to navigate the Los Angeles roads. It will save you alot of time and headaches trust me!!!!! I rented one from Alamo Rent a Car for $12 bucks a day and it was worth every penny.
I hope this review helps some with their decision making of where to stay in the Garden Grove Area If anyone has any questions I can try to help you with them. I have been to the LA area many times and know the are well...Good Luck All

• Liked — Very well kept property.Staff friendly.Nice rooms,Great location
  • Disliked — Master Key for Safe deposit box was left out in the open ??? In my opinion,ONLY the manager should have on them ALWAYS!!!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sacramento
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2008

The hotel attendant greeted us politely when we checked in during the evening. No qualms with the staff. Breakfast included things such as sausages, biscuits, gravy, eggs, and cereal. I know there were other items but those were what I honed in on. There was also orange juice. My 4 and 2 year old loved the breakfast. Driving wise it wasn't too bad to get to Disneyland. I'd say it took my family and I about 10 minutes or so to get there and I'm not a fast driver either.

My main gripe about this place is that the walls here are indeed paper thin. The room next door to me had a cell phone alarm clock go off super early in the morning for the three mornings my family and I spent there. It felt like the cell phone alarm clock was going off in my room instead. This annoyed the hell out of me. The double queen room also didn't have a mini-fridge which would've been nice to store left overs and snacks.

• Liked — Family love the free breakfast.
  • Disliked — The paper thin walls separating the rooms.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove? Share your experiences!