I stayed here during a recent business trip when my primary hotel was sold out. This is very solid hotel with no major issues. It's not dated per se but shows a bit of age - I do not believe it has gone through a renovation as IHG has been during recent years. However, the hotel is well kept, nice and clean. Staff was friendly and give me a nice goodie bag for being IHG Platinum member.
The room is spacious and bathroom is fairly clean but the hallways don't feel as clean and had some kind of odorl. The gym is also quite decent for a Holiday Inn Express. It has a couple of treadmills and one multi-station weight system, just enough to get my basic workout done.
Breakfast is the standard spread for Holiday Inn Express - mostly pre-prepared items that are heated up by the hotel. They are consistent with breakfast at other HI Express - nothing fancy but pretty solid.
The only thing that bothers me is that Holiday Inn Express switched out their bath amenities. Instead of the previous light-scented almond smell products that are moisturizing and fairly neutral smelling, they switched to the White Citrus line from Bath and Body Works, just like Holiday Inn :( The shampoo and conditioner are of "Voluminzing" kind, which means it's very drying for your hair. The fragrance is also very potent and undoubtedly feminine. You should be careful with it if you will come near people that are sensitive to fragrance because that smell will stay with you for a long time.
Another reviewer is right about the housekeeping staff - they seems to run the hotel and will run over you if need be. I was returning to my room from breakfast and a staff was cleaning the area near the elevator door - she repeated'y sticking her hand in the elevator to stop the door from closing while guests are waiting for the elevator to move. During check out as I exited the elevator on the ground floor, the housekeeping staff charged right in with a cart and didn't have the courtesy to wait for the passengers to exit the elevator with their luggage. This is the reason I took off star. The "management" should really do some training of manners - but maybe the housekeeping is the boss at this hotel :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a virtual tour of the hotel.Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Garden Grove Conveniently located minutes away from Anaheim Convention Center, Crystal Cathedral and Disneyland Resort area. Make yourself at home in one of our large, exquisitely furnished rooms. Enjoy the convenience of our complimentary WiFi & high-speed Internet access. Relax and unwind at our outdoor heated pool and whirlpool; you are sure to find a captivating blend of refreshing breezes and a cool ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove Hotel Garden Grove
- Holiday Inn Garden Grove
- Garden Grove Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove Orange County, CA