“Fantastic Hotel and Stay...Just Bring Your Own Cup” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Fantastic Hotel and Stay...Just Bring Your Own Cup”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My family stayed here and it was fantastic. Amazing location, with many restaurants within walking distance, and also a Target and other shops. Disneyland isn't too far, and you can buy tickets to take the shuttle. Tons of parking in the rear, and it isn't a bad walk to the elevators like other large resorts. Entire staff was extremely friendly and helped with any needs. There are 4 elevators that service the hotel, and wait time was very very minimal. I never made it to the mezzanine where the gym, game room, and other amenities are located. Pool is located in the front of the hotel, which is in an odd location considering it doesn't have direct access to the hotel. Room itself is very large, with a living area, separate bedroom, and a bathroom that can be accessed by either room. I recommend staying on upper floors for better views. I only had a few complaints about the hotel, the carpets were in need of being cleaned and the hallways were very warm. My biggest complaint about the hotel was that one day I returned to the hotel room after the maid cleaned the room. I pulled my toothbrush out of my bathroom glass, and started pouring water into it. I immediately noticed that there was an extreme amount of foam. I glanced at the other glasses in the bathroom with toothbrushs in them, to discover that there was cleaning solution in all the glasses. So, I was bothered by two things, first that I almost drank cleaning solution, and secondly that the maid was using cleaning solution to clean the glasses, and not the proper means. We immediatelty brought it up to hotel management, and we received new glasses immediately. Then you could hear what sounded like all glasses on the floors being pulled out of the rooms and replaced with new ones. So, the hotel responded extremely quickly to this problem. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a higher level floor for better views. Also, if you get a high enough floor on the north sid...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Vince T, Front Office Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Dear Stangman93,

Thank you for submitting your review. Our Housekeepers are required to remove the glass cups from the rooms and bring them down to the Stewarding Department for proper cleaning and sanitization. Fortunately your experience was an isolated incident and you promptly alerted us so we were able to remove all the glasses we suspected may not have been sanitized properly. We are truly sorry for this incident and we appreciate that you brought it to our attention. It is nice to read that you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay and that you will gladly return. Thank you for staying with us and recommending our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here during the week the 8th-11th just me and my five year old son. I was a little nervous from hearing some of the reviews on how they treated price line guest but I have to say service was great. They let us check in early the shuttle picks you up right out front for Disneyland, although it drops you off a little far it's a long walk back to the bus after a day at Disney. It was spacious and clean we got a great deal through priceline. We would stay there again!! Loved our trip and the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
Vince T, Front Office Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear Merandamae0804,

Thank you for staying with us and writing about your experience. We really pay close attention to the feedback offered on this site and when we saw that our Priceline guests were feeling less appreciated we talked about it as a team and committed to making things better. We are so glad to see that our efforts are paying off. Thank you once again for staying with us - we hope to see you again soon.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Anaheim Marriott Suites. We would like to acknowledge a few employees who made the stay extra special. Temo and Oscar at the bell desk was amazing. The had all the answers to our questions and even were helpful when our shuttle to Seaworld forgot to pick us up. They always greeted us with a great attitude every morning and evening when we came back or left in the morning. The girl at the front desk when we checked in was also wonderful. She had our room ready for us after a long flight. Adam in security who kept my boyfriend company when he got up so early in the morning and Leo the waiter who let my boyfriend see the kitchen as he is a cook himself. The rooms were very spacious as there was 6 of us. Breakfast in the morning was a breeze. Fresh fruit, pancakes, cereal, etc.was wonderful and priced just right. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a little extra space and would love the hospitality that was shown to us. Thanks for making our vacation a great one as it was also a birthday present for our son.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Vince T, Front Office Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Dear Crystal P,

Aloha – greetings from Anaheim. Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your kind words and recognition of Temo, Oscar, Adam and Leo. They are outstanding associates and we are proud of the way they represent our hotel. We hope to see you again soon. Mahalo Nui Loa
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

My family and I are frequent Disneyland area visitors. This was the first time we stayed at this hotel. The hotel is beautiful and we did have a great time!

Pros:
*Check in was easy and the girl at the counter was nice.
*Our room was great!! Clean and spacious.
*Our room air had quit working and the engineers fixed it right away.
*Two flat screen TV's
*Huge Bathroom
*Fridge was cold when we got there, other hotels we have stayed at turn them off.

Cons:

*The internet costs $12.95 PER night....need I say more? Ridiculous.
*Parking is $8.00 a night.
*I wish they used the ART with its many stops and bigger buses (Although the drivers are VERY nice on the current shuttle service!). It only goes to Disney and has to pull into the white zone which is outside of the normal shuttle area. The buses while they look big cannot accommodate to many people. We there during off-season (May 4th) and my 12 and 7 year old had to sit on my husband and I's laps and my 15 year old had to stand.

If this hotel would loosen up their internet fees and go back to the ART shuttle they would be perfect! We enjoyed out stay and if we given the choice again we will pick this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jends123,

Thank you for writing your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you would consider staying with us again. We weighed the pros and cons before switching to the PCA Shuttle Service. We have received a lot of positive reviews about their punctuality and customer service which is very important to us. We share all the shuttle service feedback with PCA and they are very much interested in working with us to ensure that our mutual guests are happy. While I don’t anticipate they will add other locations to their route they have agreed to increase the frequency of the shuttles to help accommodate more guests during peak seasons. Once again, thank you for the review and for staying with us.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I had an issue when I won this hotel via Priceline and called the hotel directly to request 2 double beds and the front desk lady had attitude when I mentioned Priceline.

Well, we checked in 4/29-5/2 and we were able to get the two double beds we requested and they also had us in for a crib as well. This was our second stay via Priceline at this hotel and this stay was much better. The staff was courteous and friendly. Check-in was very easy and hassle free even though we checked-in very late that night. I hear lots of people talking about free breakfast vouchers that they received with their hotel night, really wish we somehow could have gotten this option.

The room was nice, the mini fridge worked well and no major complaints. The rooms are large thats why I dont understand why they dont add queen beds instead of doubles. There would still be plenty of room in the bedroom with larger beds. Beds were comfortable but small since we are used to a King size bed at home. They even gave us late check-out which is a must for our family and we took a dip in their pool and spa. Towels are quite small in their pool area and I couldnt get the warm water in their outside pool shower to work so I just went back to the room to shower.

The only issue I had with our room was a yucky sticky spot on the carpet in front of the desk area in room 922. Must have been spilled juice or syrup. I wound up stepping in it and it was pretty gross. I pulled the desk over it so no one else would step on it.

I did leave my iPad charger behind in the room after we checked out but luckily Blanca called me back and confirmed that they had found it. Just sucks there is a $10 fee to mail it back to me via Fed Ex. :( (I know the Disneyland Hotel will mail back lost and found items back for free.) I still have to confirm with her how to get it back though as we might be traveling back to this area in July, hopefully she can hold it until then.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Vince T, Front Office Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear bellerose75,

Thank you for posting a follow up review. I am glad that you were able to get the room you requested. We do have room packages available that include breakfast. I encourage you to give us a call or check out our website. I am sorry about the sticky spot in your room. Our Housekeeping Manager has already had the carpet shampooed. I sent out your Ipad charger this afternoon. As a show of our appreciation for your feedback, we will pay for the shipping cost. Once again, thank you for the follow up. Please feel free to give me a call so that I can assist you with planning your trip in July. I will be happy to go over our room packages.
Fresno, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

My entire experience with the hotel is epitomized by the check-in process. The front desk clerk seemed very nice and friendly. Everything was very normal, she took my ID and credit card, gets me the shuttle passes and then very abruptly she was done helping me. She did not tell me what room I was in or how to get there, did not ask if I needed a parking permit, did not tell me anything about the hotel or even say thank you or have a nice stay. I stood there a few seconds until I realize she is done helping me then I reach across the counter take my keys and walk away. It was a very strange experience where she didn't do anything really wrong but I was standing there thinking "Huh?".

That was a feeling I had a lot at this hotel. My room was a king suite and was very nice, clean with lots of space. Although the room has a small fridge I was surprised there is no microwave or in room safe. One of the first things I do when I am in a hotel room is look at the binder with hotel information and at this hotel I wish I hadn't. I was full of services that sounding appealing but didn't seem to exist. The shuttle to Disneyland is listed as the Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) which matched what I saw online but I soon discovered that the hotel had recently switched shuttle companies (which did a wonderful job). If you are just going to Disneyland the change makes no difference but if you planned on visiting other area attractions it could be important. Both shuttle cost $4 a day but ART has a multi-day discounts and goes to many other area attractions including Garden Walk, Crystal Cathedral, and Knotts Berry Farm. If I had known about the change before I bought the shuttle tickets I would have passed on the hotel shuttle and have walked a little farther to get to the ART stop.

The in-room information lists that there is a airport kiosk in the lobby where you can do early check-in and print boarding passes for most airlines. Since I did not want to pay $12.95 for internet I was glad to see this. But on the day of checkout I walked all around the lobby and could not find any kiosk or anyone to help me so eventually a gave up.

Also both the website and in-room information lists express checkout but when I pressed menu on the TV remote the only thing that came up was the TV settings and no way to check out. I went to the front desk to check out and the clerk was very friendly but I had to ask to get a print out of my bill.

There is a lot that this hotel does right (location, decor, great rooms, wonderful room services staff) and somehow I walked away thoroughly unimpressed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear JBrady444,

Thank you for submitting your review. This is a tough one to swallow because we were so close to meeting expectations. I am sorry that we fell short and did not deliver to our standards. Fortunately, most of the concerns you presented can be quickly fixed. We will address the check-in process with our team. We understand the impact that our service has on an entire guest experience and there is no excuse for the way it was handled. The airport check-in kiosk that you wrote about is in the lobby right across from the gift shop. There should be someone at the Front Desk 24hrs a day – I apologize if there was no one there to assist you and point you in the right direction. Thank you once again for the feedback and the opportunity to address your concerns.
Kyle, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed here with my family for a trip to Disneyland. Got a great deal on Priceline and we were very happy with our stay. We were offered a family suite, but opted for a king suite with the sleeper sofa. The room was clean and bed was very comfortable. Having a target literally across the street was great. Instead of buying food and drink at the park we bought sandwich fixings, fruit and water to bring in. Having a refrigerator in the room was great as we stored milk and other perishable items. The parking was free and the hotel shuttle to the park was very convienent(every half-hour). The Anaheim resort transit was also very close. Our only complaint was the temperature of the "heated" swimming pool, which was way too cold to enjoy. Other than that we had an excellent stay.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear aj626,

Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback on the pool temperature. Our Chief Engineer has addressed the issue – it is now at 86 degrees. Thank you once again for the review and for the opportunity to address your concern. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Been to Anaheim Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!