Not knowing what to expect from a hotel a short distance away from Disney I was quite surprised. Our room was very clean and somewhat spacious. For our visit the room was maybe a little larger than needed. The bedroom and bathroom were spacious and clean. We also had an office space/living room. One of the big pluses for me was having two flat screen HD TVs with HD cable. Many hotels have the good TVs but not HD cable. The only downside to our room was not being able to turn down the thermostat from 75 degrees or open a window to cool off. One item I would have liked in the room was a refrigerator.
The rest of the hotel is fairly nice. The pool/spa is an average size and pretty clean. To my surprise the hotel has two workout rooms, one for cardio and one for lifting. I did not use them but they looked clean and functioning. Aside from the workout rooms the lobby has a good Starbucks and restaurant/bar. I ordered a drink from the bar one night and paid the equivalent of a six pack of beer for one. My advice would be to go to Target across the street for beverages or snacks. Also there are a few restaurants close to the hotel. In our room I used my ice bucket to cool the beverages. The hotel has a affordable Disneyland shuttle. The bus runs every 30 minutes. However, some drivers for this shuttle may run early and will not wait for people at the hotel stop. If you are waiting for others in your party you should wait together or you will miss the bus. The shuttle from the hotel takes about 10-15 minutes depending on traffic. During certain hours the bus can get pretty crowded (opening ~9am and after Disney shows ~10:30pm)
Overall this hotel is great for families/couples on a budget and maybe better for business travel with the office desks in suites and many conference rooms. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. The only drawbacks for the hotel were no frig in my room, a faulty thermostat and perhaps the lack of a view/proximity to Disneyland.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Anaheim Hotel Garden Grove
- Marriott Anaheim Hotel
- Marriott Garden Grove
- Garden Grove Marriott
- Marriott Anaheim Suites Garden Grove, Orange County, CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Anaheim Marriott Suites is the premier and largest Marriott all suites full service hotel located just one mile from the Disneyland Resort attractions and the Anaheim Convention Center. The Marriott Suites features 371 spacious two-room suites, a contemporary lobby and 10,000 square feet of flexible meeting space catering to a variety of social events, meetings and weddings. Enjoy the "Revive" bedding package in each suite designed with a living room and a separate bedroom. Guests will appreciate such amenities as a large well lit desk, wireless and high speed Internet access, voice messaging, two 32" flat screen televisions, iron & ironing board, coffee/tea maker, mini refrigerator, room service, dry cleaning service and laundry facilities. Guests can work out on state-of-the-art exercise equipment, relax in the outdoor pool and whirlpool. Dine in SunSpot, an American Restaurant or indulge in the simple luxuries of our very own Starbucks, just off the Lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Olotels, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Anaheim Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.