Just got back from a Disneyland trip last weekend and we stayed at the Embassy Suites Anaheim South for 3 nights. I booked the hotel as a package through Costco. It is no different from your typical Embassy suites room that offers good value which includes:
1. A decent sized room/suite which is perfect for a family of 4.
2. Breakfast is free, buffet style with omelet cooked to your preference.
3. There is an outside heated pool that is long enough to do lap swimming and it also has a small workout room.
1. WiFi is additional charge.
2. Beds are a little soft for me. I prefer nice firm beds.
The hotel is 5-10 minutes drive from Disneyland. It's a little too far to walk especially with kids. They have a shuttle that runs regularly during the day which costs $5 per adult and $2 per child. For a family of 4, you should probably just drive to Disneyland since parking costs $15/day with in and out privileges.
Overall, I would stay in this hotel if I am on a budget but I would like to try the Grand Californian the next time I go to Disneyland since it is inside the park.