“Great Place to Stay for visiting Disneyland and California Adventures” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Anaheim - South

You added Embassy Suites Anaheim - South to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Anaheim - South
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11767 Harbor Boulevard, Garden Grove, CA 92840 (Formerly Embassy Suites Anaheim South / Disneyland Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Disney Park and Ride
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
Certificate of Excellence 2014
SF Bay Area
“Great Place to Stay for visiting Disneyland and California Adventures”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The last time we visited California Adventures during the summer, we stayed at one of the hotels near the Convention Center, as my husband had a conference and got a good hotel rate for staying there. Since we had a good experience with Embassy Suites in San Diego, we decided to stay at one of its sister location.

This place did not disappoint. Its service, accommodation, and free breakfast were consistent and very above par. Since there was a bus service to take us to the parks, we left our vehicle in the parking lot.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

First, the service here was excellent. The staff took great pains to be sure that I was happy with my experience. I was called by the front desk to ask if I was content.

I had booked a corner room with a Disney view so I could see the fireworks. I was a bit disappointed with the view. I was on the second floor. The second floor has a partially obstructed view due to palm trees. The fireworks display is literally right behind the palm trees. I asked the front desk for a higher room but they did not have one, as they were all booked.

A hotel close to Disneyland is a problem if you do not like a busy place. It was very busy with people hustling and bustling.

I ordered room service twice. The spaghetti off the children's menu was a good sized portion. The hamburger was huge, juicy and had the perfect amount of condiments. The french fries were fried to perfection, crispy on the outside, mealy on the inside. Dessert was a brownie sundae. The brownie was a packaged one, it had a slight packaged taste, as opposed to fresh baked. The ice cream served with it was excellent.

The corner suite, while being too low to have a decent view of the fireworks, was a lovely room. It was huge for a hotel room, comfortable bed, ample pillows. The top sheet was coarse, not satiny soft as was the bottom sheet and pillow cases, but this was probably an oversight on the housekeeping staff. There were ample towels in the bathroom, large, soft and fluffy.

The living area had a comfortable if older love seat, a table that seated four. There was a fridge in the room, as well as a concealed microwave.

The manager's reception had pizza slices available for purchase, $3 each, a choice of pepperoni or cheese. The slices were good sized. The sauce was tasty but the crust was not quite baked enough. It should have been browned a bit more. There was soda, and alcoholic drinks complimentary, as well as popcorn, chips and pretzels.

Breakfast buffet was crowded, not arranged so it flowed quite as smoothly as it could have flowed. The choices available were ample though there were no danish, only donuts. I had to ask for honey, it was not on the table with the tea.

Staff was so very helpful that all the petty issues seemed petty.

There is a medium sized gift store with many options, ranging from sodas to gift items. While expensive, the prices were better than purchasing items at the amusement park.

The biggest complaint I have with the hotel was the elevators were slow. They arrived crowded in the mornings, and took aprox 6 minutes to arrive.

Room Tip: Make sure that the room you book is on a higher floor if you wish a good view of the fireworks. A lo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We've stayed twice at this hotel and have had excellent experiences both times. The staff is friendly & helpful. We love the free breakfast and the manager's reception --aka free happy hour. I'm not a drinker but the Margaritas and Mai Tai's were yummy! The rooms were very clean & spacious. Besides all of the aforementioned, I really loved the atrium with the roaring lion. It makes for a very fun hotel. It is a little bit away from Disney but there is a shuttle that buses back and forth often. The only issue I found that someone may have is that the room we were in this time (424) was very close to the elevator & we could hear it going up and down --if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the elevator. For us, it didn't matter because we were so exhausted from running around at Disney that as soon as our bodies hit the comfortable bed, we were knocked out. This most recent stay is definitely not the last. Next time we are back in Disney, we will definitely be staying at the Embassy Suites again!

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor corner room away from the elevators, preferably one with a view of the Disney...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I am really glad we stayed here! We were here for 4 nights to visit Disneyland. The rooms were nice and had enough room for our family of 4 (two kids under 10). I really wish there was an option for 2 queen sized beds or 1 queen and 1 full. That would have made it even better. The mattress on the sofa sleeper is typically thin, so our oldest was not interested in sleeping on it. Our youngest was small enough that they did not notice it. The rooms were quiet. I barely heard any noise from our neighbors, only when something hit the wall once or twice.
The breakfast buffet was great for the kids and they were always able to find something they wanted to eat. I did not eat at the restaurant for dinner, but wish I did once. The menu and pricing looked good for a hotel restaurant. If you want to eat some place else, there are plenty of places within walking distance.
While the hotel is within walking distance to Disneyland, it is a long walk. I would not recommend it with kids younger than middle school. Fortunately there is a shuttle that picks up right outside the hotel. The passes provides unlimited trips for that day, which is great if you want to come back for naps or just a break.
We stayed on pints, so I cannot speak to the value.
I would definitely stay here again. As others have said, it would be a good business hotel, but you have to know that it appeared a vast majority of the guests were families with kids.

Room Tip: The higher rooms have nice views of the surrounding areas. I would stay in a room away from the ele...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hilo, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here last July then this past November, and again it was an absolutely flawless experience. After a five an a half hour flight and a long ride from the airport where our Super Shuttle marked "Disneyland Express", made three stops, we were delighted when we were able to check in at 1000 am. Leslie at the front desk was awesome! Every breakfast was fantastic! Eggs made to order by a friendly and courteous chef who politely keep the lines in order as to expedite the process. And once again Jesus was the man and took care of us during the managers reception! He's my husband's favorite! The bell service watched our bags even after we checked out as we spent a few more hours at Disney! We are forever loyal as your customer service is unmatched!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for business previously. Great hotel for the business traveler as long as you understand this is a family hotel. If you want quiet forget it. Next to Disneyland it caters to the family crowd. The check-in and breakfast staff are great. Great value for the money and top notch, clean accomodations.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with a view of Disneyland. That way you can watch the fireworks at night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had a very nice comfy stay here. The beds were comfy (the pullout not so much) The quarters were room enough for 5 of us to relax in. The continental breakfast has a great variety, but I realized after the first morning it was nicer to take my plate up to the room where I could microwave it, as it was on the cold side. The personalized omelets were nice. Parking is a bit pricey at 12 dollars a day, but we went through a travel agency and it was cheaper. Overall, we felt happy to come home from Disneyland to our room each day. We were really able to make ourselves at home. There are a lot of places to grab food within walking a couple minutes drive. We would stay again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Anaheim - South? Share your experiences!