“I wouldn't recommend it” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members Save 10%
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
Vancouer, United States
“I wouldn't recommend it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

front desk and kitchen/breakfast staff were great. Bed was comfy. Everthing well below average...even compared to a Hampton Inn as the standard. My family and I are not super picky, but this hotel selection (for us) was a mistake.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Bob D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Although the staff and bed met your expectations, I was sorry to hear that there were other areas that did not. Please feel free to contact me by phone or email (robert.doran@hilton.com) regarding the areas in which you were disappointed so that we may follow up. Having said that, I offer my sincere apologies for a stay that overall did not meet your expectations. I hope that when your travels return you to the Anaheim area you will give us the chance to redeem ourselves.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Turkish first
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I love the Homewood brand. The hotels are always comfortable and have a friendly staff. Rooms are large. We don't have that "squished in" feeling. Breakfast is excellent. Transportation to Disney is lovely!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We're extremely happy that we were part of what sounded like an excellent trip to Anaheim! Come back to visit soon.
Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Last December I made a booking for my sister/family but give my credit card no during the booking. Upon check out she settled the bill using her card. However, I found out later my credit card was also charged the same day. When I called the hotel about two weeks ago I was given an email for me to contact to explain about my problem since I calling from oversea so timing & cost is an issue. We are 16 hrs ahead. Am writing in this forum with hoping that someone from homewood suites Anaheim will read this and provide me some feedback. Thank you.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear that there remains an unresolved issue with your recebt stay. Please feel free to contact me via email (robert.doran@hilton.com) and I will be happy to personally handle the situation.
California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We are season pass holders at Disneyland and visit the area often. We've stayed at many hotels/motels in the area and absolutely love Homewood. The staff is exceptional. The rooms are clean and comfortable and we love the full kitchen. Breakfasts are great, free dinners are convenient (though minimal). Luis is an amazing employee - always helpful, always professional. Fantastic staff all around. The shuttle costs extra, but is worth it. Drops you off right in front of Disneyland. They started charging for parking at the hotel which sucks, but the other hotels charge too. Great for families, great for those who don't mind being a bit off of the beaten path yet still be convenient to Disneyland.

Room Tip: Street side rooms are noisy due to fire trucks and emergency vehicles using the main road.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post a great review regarding your recent stay. I will be sure sure to pass your accolades on to Luis and the rest of the staff. As a pass holder we expect to see you back again soon!
Taber, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed there last week while we were in Anaheim for Disneyland. It is the second time we've stayed there. I love the suites and the convenience of the Disneyland shuttle literally right outside the doors that come every 1/2 hour that goes directly to the park and the shuttle is cheap. The complimentary breakfast every morning that includes the usuals plus waffles and either pancakes, French toast, eggs, sausage or bacon, hash browns (it changes daily) and the complimentary supper with wine or beer 4 days a week is handy as well as helps keep expenses down. There is 3 restaurants directly across the street and Starbucks next door. Yes the pool was closed but the hotel right next door was very accommodating so not a big deal! Also Target across the street is very handy to pick up anything you may need including a flat of water so you can bring water to Disneyland each day...way cheaper!!
But...what makes this hotel stand out is their customer service! They are so friendly and VERY helpful!! Even my young boys mentioned several times how nice they were! If you need a cab ask them for their "guy" Raphael!! It isnt the fanciest hotel around but it is nice and clean and well taken care of. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for a very thorough reveiw and for taking the time out of your busy day to post it on TripAdvisor! We're glad that we meet and may have even exceeded your expectations.
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel 3-4 times and have never been disappointed. The rooms are like small apartments with a fully stocked kitchen, living room and separate bedroom. The property has always been clean and well kept. Breakfast is included, and while not gourmet it is good and gives a good start to the day. Some of the rooms can accomodate 5-6 people so if you have a larger family, it can save you money. The location is a short drive to Disneyland and in an area with other hotels. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your very kind comments. We look forward to your return!
Okotoks, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Great front desk staff, very helpful. Good morning breakfast. Free Dinners Mon-Thursday which is really nice. If you are doing Disneyland you can grab breakfast in the morning, catch the shuttle bus to the park (15 minute drive), come back in the evening for dinner and then go back to disney if you want. Shuttle service was nice because it was direct from the hotel to the park, no other stops. Our room included a kitchen which we didn't really use. Separate bedroom from living room area was nice for kids to sleep in. Room definately needed some updating though, furnishings are old feeling. Our room (307) was noisy (outside traffic noise), the toilet ran all night and we had to keep adjusting it, many TV channels didn't work. And the pool was closed while we were there for renovations so that was a bummer for our 4-year old. We could use the pool at the Marriot next door but had to walk throught he parking lot, into their lobby to get an access key and then over to their pool. Not very convenient (especially if you're wearing a swim suite). The Homewood pool area looked larger and nicer so I'm sure when renovations are finished it will be OK. Would have been good to know ahead of time though. It was an OK place though that really just needs some updating to be a really nice place.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side are noisy from street traffic.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post such a thorough review of your stay (which as a Senior Advisor you do often - much appreciated!). We have followed up on the commode and TV issues you noted. We had posted the pool closing on our Hilton site 60 days prior to the start of the project. We also contacted all guests with existing reservations over those dates for whom we had an email address. Unfortunately we did not have email addresses for guests who booked through a third party (Expedia, etc). I'm not sure if this impacted you or not but offer my sincere apologies for the pool being unavailable. There is never a good time to do this type of work and we chose our slowest time of year to do it. Nevertheless you were invonvenienced and again for that I offer my most sincere apologies

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area? Share your experiences!