“An awesome hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
Taber, Canada
“An awesome hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed there last week while we were in Anaheim for Disneyland. It is the second time we've stayed there. I love the suites and the convenience of the Disneyland shuttle literally right outside the doors that come every 1/2 hour that goes directly to the park and the shuttle is cheap. The complimentary breakfast every morning that includes the usuals plus waffles and either pancakes, French toast, eggs, sausage or bacon, hash browns (it changes daily) and the complimentary supper with wine or beer 4 days a week is handy as well as helps keep expenses down. There is 3 restaurants directly across the street and Starbucks next door. Yes the pool was closed but the hotel right next door was very accommodating so not a big deal! Also Target across the street is very handy to pick up anything you may need including a flat of water so you can bring water to Disneyland each day...way cheaper!!
But...what makes this hotel stand out is their customer service! They are so friendly and VERY helpful!! Even my young boys mentioned several times how nice they were! If you need a cab ask them for their "guy" Raphael!! It isnt the fanciest hotel around but it is nice and clean and well taken care of. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Bob D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thanks for a very thorough reveiw and for taking the time out of your busy day to post it on TripAdvisor! We're glad that we meet and may have even exceeded your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Turkish first
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel 3-4 times and have never been disappointed. The rooms are like small apartments with a fully stocked kitchen, living room and separate bedroom. The property has always been clean and well kept. Breakfast is included, and while not gourmet it is good and gives a good start to the day. Some of the rooms can accomodate 5-6 people so if you have a larger family, it can save you money. The location is a short drive to Disneyland and in an area with other hotels. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your very kind comments. We look forward to your return!
Okotoks, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Great front desk staff, very helpful. Good morning breakfast. Free Dinners Mon-Thursday which is really nice. If you are doing Disneyland you can grab breakfast in the morning, catch the shuttle bus to the park (15 minute drive), come back in the evening for dinner and then go back to disney if you want. Shuttle service was nice because it was direct from the hotel to the park, no other stops. Our room included a kitchen which we didn't really use. Separate bedroom from living room area was nice for kids to sleep in. Room definately needed some updating though, furnishings are old feeling. Our room (307) was noisy (outside traffic noise), the toilet ran all night and we had to keep adjusting it, many TV channels didn't work. And the pool was closed while we were there for renovations so that was a bummer for our 4-year old. We could use the pool at the Marriot next door but had to walk throught he parking lot, into their lobby to get an access key and then over to their pool. Not very convenient (especially if you're wearing a swim suite). The Homewood pool area looked larger and nicer so I'm sure when renovations are finished it will be OK. Would have been good to know ahead of time though. It was an OK place though that really just needs some updating to be a really nice place.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side are noisy from street traffic.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post such a thorough review of your stay (which as a Senior Advisor you do often - much appreciated!). We have followed up on the commode and TV issues you noted. We had posted the pool closing on our Hilton site 60 days prior to the start of the project. We also contacted all guests with existing reservations over those dates for whom we had an email address. Unfortunately we did not have email addresses for guests who booked through a third party (Expedia, etc). I'm not sure if this impacted you or not but offer my sincere apologies for the pool being unavailable. There is never a good time to do this type of work and we chose our slowest time of year to do it. Nevertheless you were invonvenienced and again for that I offer my most sincere apologies
Plainfield, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed at this Homewood Suites property with my family on a post-Christmas trip. A couple of days prior to arriving, I phoned the hotel to both to request early check-in and to discuss my concerns about it's cleanliness after reading some disparaging online reviews. The request was noted and I was assured that my room would be thoroughly cleaned and reviewed prior to check-in. On the day my family and I got to town, I phoned the hotel to see if we could check-in early. Since it was more than three hours before the 3:00 PM check-in time, I was told that my room would not be available until later and to check back. At 2:00 PM, since we were in the area, we went to the hotel. The woman at the front desk informed me that our room would not be available for 1-1-1/2 hours. Because we were tired from our trip and felt that it would be best to wait, we relaxed in some comfortable chairs in the lobby. A little longer than an hour later, when I inquired about the room again, another woman told me that it would be a minimum of an hour before we would be able to check-in. Frustrated, I related what I had been told earlier and that we had called ahead. She apologized, offered to hold our luggage in the hotel along with giving us a key to the pool area, where my kids could go swimming. My wife and kids went to the pool area while I continued to wait in the lobby. I checked back with the front desk again 2 or 3 times over the next 2 hours that followed. Housekeeping had been contacted multiple times and apparently the room had maintenance issues that had to be fixed. Not long before I finally checked-in, I was offered another room that was ready. I declined only because we had a room on a higher floor facing the Disneyland park area. After finally checking in, I used a luggage cart to take all of our bags up to the room. I was met by a maintenance man, who was sent to repair a leak beneath the kitchen sink. My room key did not work, but he was able to let me in. Once he finished, I returned the cart to the lobby and had the front desk give me new keys. With the new keys in hand, I waited for the front elevator (the back elevator was out of service during our entire 7 day stay). After waiting several minutes for the elevator, I got to the room and the keys still did not work. With my frustration ready to boil over, I called Hilton Honors to report the issues before going back to the front desk one last time to obtain new keys. Those keys finally worked. The staff at the front desk was very apologetic and credited award points back to my Hilton Honors account. Despite their genuine concern, I did not get the feeling that anyone was in charge and could actually get things done. As for our room, it was satisfactory. There were some cleanliness issues, indicative of a failure to consistently maintain a standard. Plus, there were some maintenance concerns like the shower curtain not staying shut because the shower curtain rod was falling and not properly reinstalled.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Bob D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
I am very sorry to hear oif the inconvenience we caused you. We did have hotel-wide key card issues that took some time to sort out (we later found it was a system-wide issue). I have to admit we were a bit stumped by it for a brief while. I'm glad that tried to mitigate the long delay for your room to be ready by getting you out to the pool, however the delay in itself was unacceptable and again I apologize for that inconvenience. We'll get that shower rod tightened up.
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Firstly...about us. My wife and I (both 35) took our 5 kids (17b, 12b, 10 mixed twins & 8g) on a once in a lifetime family holiday. A logistical nightmare. Everything about the Homewood Suites blew us away. We have traveled all over the world and can't believe the value for money we got with our 8day stay. The location, facilities, hospitality, friendly smiles... With all staff happy to go the extra mile. One of the staff even brought a soccer ball in on our lazy day to play a game with the boys.

My wife and I had been to Anaheim 2yrs prior but stayed at the Annabella Hotel (also a good choice). But I MUST make it clear that Homewood Suites will always be our first preference from now on. My wife and I spend long nights googling hotels for our 7 weeks tour of USA and Canada and before we even left Down Under Homewood Suites had the best value for Money.

We stayed at a Homewood Suites in Las Vegas too and were not disappointed.

Room Tip: Use the daily bus pass to Disneyland to bring you back for dinner before the fireworks to save $$$
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post a review of your stay to TripAdvisor. We certainly appreciate you very kind comments and would love to see you return for another "trip of a lifetime"!
Phoenix, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My family decided to spend Christmas vacation at Disneyland. Since there were eleven of us, we needed a suite hotel that would accommodate multiple ages. Homewood is close with shuttle service to the park, has complimentary hot breakfast and a polite and helpful staff. I would recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Glad you chose to spend a special holiday with us and happy to hear you had a great stay. We look forward to your return!
Centreville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Hotel was terrific, staff was outstanding and a lot of fun. Very helpful with everything. Breakfast tater tots were better than most restaurants! This hotel has the correct size coffee cups in the morning too! Most are very small and flimsy, this hotel gets it right! Little things make a big difference!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thanks for a great review! I appreciate your taking the time to pass it on to others via Trip Advisor.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area? Share your experiences!