“Wouldn't stay here again” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Garden Grove
Anaheim, CA, United States
“Wouldn't stay here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Poor check in service, let us sit there for 15 minutes before checking in. Dishwasher in room was very loud and difficult to close. Only one burner of the 2 worked. No oven in the full kitchen. Air conditioner in the bedroom leaked and the floor was wet our entire stay. Poor quality of food offered and not a wide variety of selection to choose from. Had to ask for my bill upon check out to be able to verify it was correct before leaving. Loud neighbors in next room and could hear everything they were saying. States it's at the main gate area of Disney- actually about 3 miles from Disney- but do have a shuttle if you pay for it.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hi Leslie, It definitely seems as if we have failed you and I would like to apologize and see what I can do to make this right. Since I am unable to determine your reservation contact information off of TripAdvisor, I would request that you contact me at your earliest convenience. Just to clarify and I apologize for any misrepresentation, the Disneyland entrance is 1.5 miles from Homewood Suites, and 1.1 miles to the closest edge of Disneyland. Again my sincerest apologies and I look forward to hearing from you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Turkish first
westford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

wonderful hotel, staff was freindly , room was large free breakfast everyday free dinner most nights couldn't ask for a better hotel. The girls at the front desk had great recommendation for sight seeing and help book tours and discount tickets to attractions. we will stay at this hotel again

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Karen, thank you so much for taking your valuable time to reach out and tell us about your visit. I am so glad to hear that our great team, along with our value added amenities helped make your visit memorable and enjoyable. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Anaheim Main-Gate, and I look forward to serving you again on your next trip.
Maryland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

rooms felt old and out dated, dark carpet, furniture and bedding. Dark and worn looking lobby. Service ok...some staff acted indifferent to questions. location was perfect for experiencing the Disney Resorts - provided shuttle for a fee.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Elaine, I am so sorry to hear that our décor was not to your taste. I am happy to report that we are finishing up our rooms renovation, and will be changing our drapery, which will be complete within the week. By the end of the year we will complete the bedding change, which should help lighten up our guest rooms a bit. Additionally I apologize about the staff; I typically get great feedback on my team. If you would reach out to me, and provide me specifics I would greatly appreciate it. I am glad to hear that our location to Disneyland helped make your visit memorable. Thank you for your valuable feedback, I look forward to hearing from you.
New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at Homewood Suites in Anaheim California for our family vacation. It was a very quite room and had breakfast everyday. We saw the fireworks from Disneyland every night from our room on the 7th floor. The poor was nice and warm.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Charlotte, thank you so much for taking your valuable time to reach out and tell us about your visit. I am so glad to hear that our rooms, value added amenities and pool helped make your visit memorable and enjoyable. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Anaheim Main-Gate, and I look forward to serving you again on your next trip.
Kailua, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very clean hotel and helpful staff. The shuttle to Disneyland was very efficient, and the daily breakfast was great! I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone going on a business trip or family vacation to the "happiest place on earth."

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Jack, thank you so much for taking your valuable time to reach out and tell us about your visit. I am glad to hear that our great team, location to Disneyland, along with our value added amenities helped make your visit memorable and enjoyable. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Anaheim Main-Gate, and I look forward to serving you again on your next trip.
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

"Staycation" for us. Room for the crowd. Nice to have more than just a room and a bathroom. It's nice to have space for everyone. The pull out couch for the kids was also a plus. Only one person per couch though, a little rough.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to reach out and tell us about your visit. I am so glad to hear that our spacious guest rooms were able to make your visit memorable and enjoyable. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Anaheim Main-Gate, and I look forward to serving you again on your next trip.
San Leandro, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is our second time staying here at this property. It seems it has lost it's shine for us...let me just start by saying the pool was disgusting this visit. We were there this past weekend (and it was hot in LA)! It would have been nice to use the pool more than once but after our first dip in the pool I was totally grossed out. The side of the pool had so much guck and build up on the side that people were scraping their names in it. The corners of the pool and jacuzzi also had mold build up. DISGUSTING! Needless to say...we didn't get back in. I am sorry to say we had reservations for this property for this upcoming August and November and I have cancelled because of this...and one of these reservations is darn near free with my Hilton points.
Also...tacking on $12 per night parking charge + the Disney shuttle charge almost makes this hotel almost not worth the money. Some neighboring hotels (actually) in the same lot offer free parking and a free shuttle to Disneyland. I have always been loyal to Hilton but will be looking at other competitors.
Another let down....was the free breakfast did not seem up to par from our past visit. You better be there at least by 8:45am if you want any food. It seems they do not re-stock the food from that time and you will get what ever is left....usually nothing. The staff also take everything away at exactly 9am.
I know the hotel was going through some type of renovation but seriously...I am not sure what has been renovated. YIkes! Our furniture in our room seemed faded and dinged up.
Pros:
The front desk staff have always been very nice. They were able to accommodate our request for a late check out. It was nice to have a full size refrigerator with a freezer. We did not use the stove or the dishwasher (which has been consistent with our previous stays at Homewood Suites). Our room was clean and it was nice to have a living room area. The beds were comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to reach out and let me know about your experience during your recent visit. I do apologize for the many challenges and for any disruption due to the renovation, but am happy to announce that the main component is now complete. I am happy to hear that the team along with our clean rooms and comfortable beds stood out, and were able to make your visit enjoyable in a small way.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area? Share your experiences!