We stayed at the Homewood Suites for 4 nights in November for a Disneyland trip. In our party were my wife, our 1.75 year-old son, my Mom, and myself. I booked through the Hilton Honors website and added the fourth night at the last minute with our rewards points.
The Homewood Suites are about five blocks south of Disneyland, not within walking distance. They do offer shuttle service, but I don't know the details, as we didn't use it. I loved the location because there are three restaurants in the parking lot (Outback, Red Robin, and Joes Crab Shack), and a starbucks in the adjacent Hyatt. There is also a Target right across the street and a Vons grocery store a few blocks to the east. There was plenty of free parking.
We had a late arrival and everything was perfect. Keeping in mind that I originally thought we'd have to switch rooms due to my last minute rewards night, the front desk was able to just keep us in the same room our whole stay, which was nice of them. The Lobby (also where they have breakfast) was very spacious and clean.
Our room had one king bed and a sofa bed. It was divided into two rooms. One being the kitchen and living area (with the sofa bed), and the other being the king bedroom with the bathroom. Everything was very clean and well taken care of. The kitchen had everything except for an oven, and the room had all the normal amenities. No wireless internet, but the free corded high-speed internet worked well.
Let me preface this by saying that we stay in hotels with our toddler many times (probably 6 times a year), and we've never had a housekeeper come in the afternoon before. We come back from Disneyland in the afternoon so he can take a nap. Three of the four days we were there housekeeping wanted to clean our room at 2-3pm, even thought they'd be right down the hall from our room first thing in the morning when we left. This made us feel rushed to get out of the room so they could clean and wasn't conducive to our schedule. The final day they finally came in the morning so I'm not sure if they finally got the hint, or we just got lucky. At any rate it was unacceptable in my opinion. But it wasn't enough to ruin our stay.
The breakfast was great. It was a full spread that changed slightly from day to day. Some of the items they offered were eggs, potatoes, sausage, waffles, cereal, toast, fruit, and yogurt. At the busy times there was sometimes nowhere to sit, but other than that we were very pleased.
We'd stay here again even with the housekeeping glitch. It was such a good value and the rest of the accommodations greatly outshine the housekeeping issue. I'd recommend the Homewood Suites for anyone traveling in a group going to Disneyland, or just anyone who likes to have a suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extended stay suite hotel. An all-suites Anaheim hotel that will make you feel closer to home! The Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area hotel is one of the Disney Good Neighbor hotels, only a mile away. Enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, daily breakfast and dinner Monday to Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hiltonr Anaheim-Main Gate Area Hotel Garden Grove
- Homewood Suites Garden Grove
- Homewood Garden Grove
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area Garden Grove, Orange County, CA
- Homewood Suites Anaheim California
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Disneyland Area
- Homewood Suites Disneyland
- Garden Grove Homewood Suites