My husband and I stayed in a renovated two queen suite for five nights during a Disneyland vacation. We received a special "Suites on Sale" rate, which made this luxurious choice a no-brainer! As a couple we were interested in a hotel with quiet accommodations and lots of ammenities, and the Hyatt fit the bill.
The service throughout the stay was wonderful from staff opening our car door and the hotel doors to excellent housekeeping and helpful advice from the concierge. The only time the service slipped a bit was upon checkout when the front desk staff was a little short with me when I didn't hear her question. Aside from that, all staff were very friendly and professional. Housekeeping had a strong attention to detail and did a fantastic job of keeping us stocked with Kleenex, towels, toiletries, etc.
The suite had a nice modern design with lots of lights in the living room area so it was nice and bright for relaxing in the evenings. The Trane A/C system was quiet and it kept the room comfortable at all times without making the room freezing cold as so many of them do.
The hotel furnishings are classy, modern, and more geared to adults, which we liked. The elevator service was quick and often times we approached the elevators to find one open and waiting! Self-parking is in a convenient location and close to the hotel. Parking is $15/night, but this seems to be the standard now. Since we were already paying for parking at the hotel we took the hotel's complimentary Disney shuttle every day to visit the theme parks. This worked out well as it runs every 30 minutes and transports only Hyatt guests. We tried out the 3rd level pool and hot tub - very nice and not crowded at all!
The location is a 30-minute walk from Disneyland, but we did it a couple of times and got some great exercise. The hotel is right across the street from several restaurants including Red Robin, Joe's Crabshack, and the Outback Steakhouse. There is also a drugstore and Target very close. We liked that convenience! There is also a Starbucks on site, which we loved since we are from Seattle after all!
This hotel offered the best ammenities, location, ambiance, and value for our dollar so we would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to hotels near Disneyland, Hyatt Regency Orange County is the ultimate destination for your getaway or vacation. Located just 1.4 miles from the Disneyland® Resort, our luxury hotel near Anaheim has shuttle service available to and from the parks, and is in close proximity to Angel Stadium, the Honda Center, world-famous beaches and many other Orange County attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Orange County Hotel Garden Grove
- Hyatt Garden Grove
- Hyatt Regency Garden Grove
- Hyatt Regency Orange County Garden Grove, CA